Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Fact Sheet: The Affordable Care Act’s New Patient’s Bill of Rights
http://www.healthreform.gov/newsroom...of_rights.html

How These New Rules Will Help You:

Stop insurance companies from limiting the care you need. The HHS instead sets the guidlines to limit care. You can appeal to the insurance company. You won't be able to appeal to the government.

Remove insurance company barriers between you and your doctor. HHS sets lower reimbursement rates for doctors and becomes the bureaucracy between the patient and doctor. Lower reimbursement rates will force physicians out of medical practice. Fewer doctors for more insured patients means rationing and less availability of services.

Builds On Other Affordable Care Act Policies

These new protections complement other parts of the Affordable Care Act including:

Reviewing Insurers’ Premium Increases. Government price fixing on an industry that only has a current profit margin of 4% limiting all future profits to under 2%.

Getting the Most from Your Premium Dollars How does one get the "most" for their premium dollars when there is a shortage of primary care physicians? You have to get care first!

Keeping Young Adults Covered Young adults are historically the least expensive pool to insure in regard to health insurance. The new law keeps "children" as insurance dependents to the age of 26, further encouraging long term dependency of adult children on their parents.

Providing Affordable Coverage to Americans without Insurance due to Pre-existing Conditions Making health insurance more expensive for everyone across the board rather than more expensive for the high risk patients in need of more care.

New Consumer Protections Starting As Early As This Fall

No Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions for Children Under Age 19. Adding additional costs among the insured across the board.

No Arbitrary Rescissions of Insurance Coverage Forcing insurance companies to offer coverage even if they run at a deficit to do so.
Newsflash: insurance companies cannot print money like the federal government can when they run on a constant budget deficit.
No Lifetime Limits on Coverage
Again raising the cost of all insured.

Restricted Annual Dollar Limits on Coverage

etc
etc

You will need to read the whole thing to get all the details, but it's not that long and should take no more than 10 minutes to read.

I am happy with most of it! I certainly wouldn't want anything (other than maybe the limitless life time cap) in this bill of rights to be repealed.

For the cap, I think 3-5 million would suffice and at least give some knowable number to businesses that self-insure.
My comments above in red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 08:56 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
My comments above in red.
Maybe the sick people lacking in finances should be encouraged to try euthanasia as a permanent fix to their health problem?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe the sick people lacking in finances should be encouraged to try euthanasia as a permanent fix to their health problem?
Maybe the Democrats should have passed a law that actually addressed cost and services rather than INSURANCE.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe the Democrats should have passed a law that actually addressed cost and services rather than INSURANCE.
You're right, I should have thought of that!
Let's see, sick people should be referred to doctors that don't charge more than $5 per office visit. And all treatment (x-rays, labs, therapy, etc) should be limited to no more than $17 per day.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
You're right, I should have thought of that!
Let's see, sick people should be referred to doctors that don't charge more than $5 per office visit. And all treatment (x-rays, labs, therapy, etc) should be limited to no more than $17 per day.
Maybe you could cure the world with your drive-by hyperbole?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Maybe you could cure the world with your drive-by hyperbole?
I still think my euthanasia idea is ideal for America. Look at the benefits: the sick with financial resources would eliminate themselves, and none of it costs any of your money. As a matter of fact, it saves your money.
Doctor Jack Kevorkian constructed a simple contraption for euthanasia. That contraption could be simplified even further, mass produced, and sold over the counter (without prescription) to anyone of legal age (21). Maybe for a sum of $50 or less. The do-it-yourself kit (in patriotic red, white, and blue packaging) could also include a small American flag to wave while the euthanized softly sings God Bless America with his/her dying breath.
Euthanasia is a win/win situation: the sick can avoid needless suffering, the taxpayers would save vast sums of money without fear that America will become a commie country.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:14 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
No more excluding kids with pre-existing conditions? No more lifetime benefit cutoffs? No more declining care for innocent and unrelated misstatements on applications? And this, on top of the tax credits for small businesses who provide employee coverage? Jeez -- What were those radical left wingers thinking???
As long as they don't FORCE me to buy something I don't want and will never use, I couldn't care less.

Just leave me the hell alone, that's all I ask of our beloved government.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I still think my euthanasia idea is ideal for America. Look at the benefits: the sick with financial resources would eliminate themselves, and none of it costs any of your money. As a matter of fact, it saves your money.
Doctor Jack Kevorkian constructed a simple contraption for euthanasia. That contraption could be simplified even further, mass produced, and sold over the counter (without prescription) to anyone of legal age (21). Maybe for a sum of $50 or less. The do-it-yourself kit (in patriotic red, white, and blue packaging) could also include a small American flag to wave while the euthanized softly sings God Bless America with his/her dying breath.
Euthanasia is a win/win situation: the sick can avoid needless suffering, the taxpayers would save vast sums of money without fear that America will become a commie country.
You and Ezekiel Emmanuel would probably agree on eugenics as well. I hope the OP appreciates your thread hijacking.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
You and Ezekiel Emmanuel would probably agree on eugenics as well. I hope the OP appreciates your thread hijacking.
It's not about eugenics. This thread is about the awful provisions of Obamacare.
I have offered some insights and solutions. Come on, doesn't the euthanasia bit appeal to you? - red, white, and blue packing! American flag! God Bless America! And the euthanized is eliminated at no cost to you!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
This post is an example of what I think the health care bill will start causing before we are finished with it, unless it is quickly repealed. What happens in a person's life to make one start thinking in such a sick manner.

God gives life and only He has the right to take it away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies