Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,331,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
What about the time they wasted on it? Are there not more important matters?
Remember, they don't read anything. (that's what they have staffs and lobbyists for)

Quote:
Are you denying that 500k is a lot of money? Boy I sure could use it. In fact, I would go to medical school, and work for very low salary in gratitude with that kind of money, but no, they spent it on being politically correct.
Socially correct maybe, but there is nothing correct politically in modern day politics.

It was well worth it, to hear so many people, who i thought had a mental block say Aye instead of Nay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 09:14 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,407,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are independents permitted to say that Christians are stuck up morons? Or are you going to fall onto your knees and demand that they be sent to jail for harassment?

Hey, we all know that is a hate crime

Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 PM

767 posts, read 487,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you know the difference between "change" and "ban"?
Apparently some don't, which explains this post.

According to the link, the bill was co-sponsored by Republican Senator Mike Enzi

Enzi was ranked by National Journal as the sixth-most conservative U.S. Senator in its March 2007 conservative/liberal rankings

Not to mention that the only politicians I've heard complain about the word retarded is Sarah Palin.

Mike Enzi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This post is a classic example of an colossal failure.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:53 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,209,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Congress votes to change wording in laws referring to intellectual disabilities - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-us-intellectual-disabilities,0,5841073.story - broken link)

This is INSANE.

They banned the word retarded from federal laws...

They banned a WORD!

Don't these morons have more important things to deal with, you know, like the economy?
Actually, most court documents, depending on where you are at, have stated intellectual disability for the past 5-10 years. It doesn't ban anything, it pretty much just alters procedure............and makes a bunch of people *feel* like progress has just been made. And, I guess, makes a bunch of people *feel* like they lost something. It actually forces the federal government to utilize this term regarding specifics.

I'm in favor of it for the sole reason that it corresponds with the psych evaluations and that the same terminology being used here is being used there as well. Accuracy. And I think, that people have a tendency to view retarded as someone having a deficit in all areas. Frankly, it isn't so. We have a scale. The bigger picture is that due to the accuracy the less likely it is for government to run over someone or misconstrue it or adlib. The more specific it is the better to follow the trail of money and the closer we get to accountability. It then forces a criteria to be established on those that would profit off it.

But...yeah, it is all about PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies