Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times

Advertisements

It IS immature no matter who does/says it. I've felt this way about bumperstickers and such, and have NEVER had one, and never will. I have political ideas and my own POV on things but, much like wearing a teeshirt declaring "I'm with stupid" or whatever, I would never want to announce my stupidity to the world. It's just too People of Walmart to me. And I freely admit that I look down upon those who think it's all clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Just don’t have those stickers placed in your vehicles in Alabama; Especially during this football season. I assure you, you will either be arrested, lynched, have you'r rear car window smashed, or all…
Would that be before or after they go home and have sex with their sisters?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:57 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I think bumper stickers look tacky. What I find sad is the McCain/Palin ones some people still have on....do they know the election is over?
Yeah, I saw a guy with one yesterday while driving. The person behind him was tailgating him like crazy, didn't feel sorry for him either.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
The funny thing is I haven't seen one thing where the Republicans have compromised with Obama. For 2 years its been no no no no no. Obama isn't even that far left. If he was, there would have been no healthcare bill without a public option. Banking laws would be tougher, or nonexistant. Taxes on the rich would have already gone up. Obama has been willing to compromise the whole way. However the republicans can only say no to anything he offers.
The majority of this "party of no" crap came from the healthcare bill. Funny thing is, "we the people" didn't want his healthcare plan, not just Rebublicans, but he passed it anyway regardless of what the people want because he thinks he knows best. Just like SB1070, that 70% of the country supported, but the majority of the country is "misguided". Just wondering what else he has to do before the far left will admit that they're WRONG.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:30 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,470,526 times
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv304/MRFLUFFY219/nobama.png (broken link)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/Compared2What/Other/osht.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-25-2010, 07:49 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Yeah, I saw a guy with one yesterday while driving. The person behind him was tailgating him like crazy, didn't feel sorry for him either.
I always hit the brakes for a tap when someone follows me to closely for too long. Too bad this guy did not. I would not have felt sorry for the ass behind him.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 PM

10 posts, read 5,273 times
I called the police when someone tried to engage me in road rage. The jerk was arrested because other cars stopped to speak to the police officer and the man was belligerent with the officer.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I always hit the brakes for a tap when someone follows me to closely for too long. Too bad this guy did not. I would not have felt sorry for the ass behind him.
There is a safer solution for you if it is daytime. Put your headlights on. The tailgater will think you are braking when he/she sees the tail lights come on and will slam on his or her brakes causing them to lurch forward in their seat. Meanwhile your speed won't have changed so you won't be rear ended...but they might be.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:50 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I am starting to see as Obama's failing presidency reaches its mid-point, many people are showing their frustration at him by placing NOBAMA bumper stickers on the back of their vehicles. I am waiting on the next wave of hate to start, hummmmmm---civil unrest or worse assassination attempt? Am I being too pessimistic?
I saw a sticker the other day that said, "I stand with my President", deep in the heart of Texas, I might add.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:23 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Just don’t have those stickers placed in your vehicles in Alabama; Especially during this football season. I assure you, you will either be arrested, lynched, have you'r rear car window smashed, or all…
LOL

I saw a shiny black Jaguar with "NOBAMA" as the license plate.

Years ago I took part in this type of passive-aggressive dialogue, but no more.

There is silliness on both sides.
I wish we could stop the madness and pull together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies