Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,843,965 times

Advertisements

Universal GOP NO to Campaign finance ad disclosure. I wonder why that would be.

Senate GOP again blocks campaign finance bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100923/ap_on_go_co/us_campaign_finance - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Default The Thugocracy Rolls On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Senate GOP again blocks campaign finance bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100923/ap_on_go_co/us_campaign_finance - broken link)

Yep, they should also disclose the route the donor's children take to walk to and from school. I say cut out the middle-man and just E-Mail their names, addresses and places of work/business right over to SEIU.

The Price of Prop 8 | The Heritage Foundation

Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,741,672 times
I happen to believe the doner's names and amounts should be posted on a public web site for all to observe. I also believe corporations should not be allowed to contribute even if they are considered citizens.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, they should also disclose the route the donor's children take to walk to and from school.

The Price of Prop 8 | The Heritage Foundation
No, I guess it isn't a good idea to let people know who is trying to brainwash them with TV ads. After all, people may take offense and quit buying the products the brain washers sell, and that would be, gasp, bad for business.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:28 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,611,405 times
Who gives what to whom should be nobody's business if this country is to remain to be free. You should be able to give to whatever you want without telling anybody who you are. I also do not care to see the tax forms of the candidates. Why don't people start thinking for themselves and acting on what they believe instead of being so concerned about money?

Now there is something I would like to know. I would like to know which idiot congressman or woman put a tag on the defense spending bill that would give money to illegals to go to college. Our military should be able to get funding without paying money to traitors and criminals.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Who gives what to whom should be nobody's business if this country is to remain to be free. You should be able to give to whatever you want without telling anybody who you are. I also do not care to see the tax forms of the candidates. Why don't people start thinking for themselves and acting on what they believe instead of being so concerned about money?
Too true, money spent on TV ads in elections, has no impact on who people choose to vote for. The American people are much too wise to be led around by such doings. Obviously they would not be susceptible to repeated lies about one candidate or another.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
No, I guess it isn't a good idea to let people know who is trying to brainwash them with TV ads. After all, people may take offense and quit buying the products the brain washers sell, and that would be, gasp, bad for business.
Or even for the foreign governments that seem to have no problems funding our campaigns once the software is modified to accept foreign money. At least "John Galt" and "Ayn Rand Lane“ were duly noted as being contributors to the 2008 Obama campaign.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/172528/re-who-john-galt-and-saddam-hussein/mark-steyn

Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,321,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I happen to believe the doner's names and amounts should be posted on a public web site for all to observe. I also believe corporations should not be allowed to contribute even if they are considered citizens.
I think anyone should be allowed to donate almost anything they want, as long as every penny from every individual is immediately posted online and available to everyone.

No 501(c)4s or phony cut-out organizations allowed for people to hide behind...George Soros and the Koch brothers would have to document all monies.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,594,894 times
Quote:

Nothing to see here, move along

Old 09-24-2010, 07:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Too true, money spent on TV ads in elections, has no impact on who people choose to vote for. The American people are much too wise to be led around by such doings. Obviously they would not be susceptible to repeated lies about one candidate or another.
Well they fell for it big time in 2008 didn't they ?
The sheep are easily led off the cliff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies