Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 01:48 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
This liberal has no problem with such a tax - just as long as the bill is split 50/50 with the biological father.
So he should have to pay a tax for a service/product he has absolutely no say in?

Brilliant liberal logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 PM

The first time I ever heard that "abortion shouldn't be used as a form of birth control" was from my 8th grade history teach, who was a woman. This was Montgomery County, MD, one of the most liberal places in the USA, and possibly the best educational system in the country....

What does she get that you do not?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:51 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
If you want to have sex and to CHEAP to use birth control, start saving your money and pay for your own abortion.
Decent people have better things to do with their hard earned money than pay for you to murder your child.
Who do these people think they are anyway?
They are forcing us to pay for murder?
Yeah, lets call a spade a spade!
You are murdering a child.
I don't want any part of your beliefs and you don't have to have any part of mine.
For those who believe this is wrong, tell the IRS you don't believe in murder and don't want any part of it.
Start saving your money, we need ours to raise our children.
You don't want to have your baby?
You want to kill it?
Pay for it yourself!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Abortions INCREASED when they became legal:
And deaths for mothers fell.

The abortion mortality rate is 0.2-1.2 per 100,000 abortions in countries where abortion is legal.

The mortality rate in countries where abortion is penalized is 330 per 100,000.

http://isla.igc.org/Features/Globali...rtionsEng.html

Old 09-24-2010, 01:55 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

The abortion mortality rate is 0.2-1.2 per 100,000 abortions in countries where abortion is legal.

Unsafe Abortion = Maternal Mortality
Abortionists should be arrested.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

Unsafe Abortion = Maternal Mortality
Yet the fatality rate for the child is 100%.

but of course you don't care abou tthat little factoid. It's not convient for me , so to hell with it. It's all about ME ME ME!!!! and what I want!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Unless you were raped, it's not a punishment. It's the CONSEQUENCE OF YOUR ACTIONS. You are AVOIDING RESPONSIBILITY by aborting it.
People don't have sex just to get pregnant, ask anyone with a sex life. Pregnancy IS a result of sex and wouldn't it be wonderful if humanity was of a mind to never have sex unless and until the two people involved were wanting to have a child? Sure, nobody would hardly ever have sex but that's the price everyone would have to pay. When we get to that point abortion will not even be an issue so get to work on that.

But until then abortion is a form of responsibility, one that you don't like but that's neither here nor there. When a woman is pregnant unexpectedly she needs to change her life in order to carry and deliver and care for a new life. If she is unable or unwilling to do that then the outlook is grim for all concerned.

Since there are many ways a pregnany can be terminated there is no getting around the fact that you can not prevent women from doing so if they choose. Absolutely. Nothing. You. Can. Do.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So he should have to pay a tax for a service/product he has absolutely no say in?

Brilliant liberal logic.
Who says the father had no say? Just because a woman can get an abortion without the father's input doesn't mean he had no say in the matter.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
The first time I ever heard that "abortion shouldn't be used as a form of birth control" was from my 8th grade history teach, who was a woman. This was Montgomery County, MD, one of the most liberal places in the USA, and possibly the best educational system in the country....

What does she get that you do not?
Medical abortions carry risks and are no fun. Nobody is getting abortions several times a year...which is what using it as a form of birth control would result in. If you find someone doing that and really care about the issue then I suggest getting personally involved to get her the emotional help she needs. But most women are are not crazy and don't use abortion as their primary form of BC.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Say a 10% tax on the cost of abortion, regardless of whether the taxpayers have to fund it, the person recieving the abortion has to pay a 10% tax on the total cost of it.

Comments?
It's a huge constitutional FAIL.

If you specifically tax abortion then you are treating women that want access to abortions as a separate class. The violates the Equal Protection clasue of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies