Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
At what point did people begin to believe the delusion that any time a person disagrees with another person, an idea, a religion, a political stance or anything else that you automatically hate that thing or you're scared of that thing? This seems to be a very common platform of liberals who often claim that if you don't openly embrace homosexuality that you're a homophobe (you fear homosexuals) or you hate gays. According to many libs If you disagree with president Obama then you automatically hate him, which then automatically means you hate black people which makes you a racist. Libs seem to feel that if you're not practicing the religion of Islam that you hate everyone who's Muslim and then you're automatically a bigot.

Why are so many people so wrong about this sort of thing?
Ya know, the only time I see/hear such things as this, it's usually from someone trying desperately to demean liberals. This liberal does not expect anyone to 'embrace homosexuality'; I merely ask that you not discriminate against them. This liberal sees nothing wrong with honest disagreement, even disagreement with our president. But there does seem to be a few on this forum who almost automatically disagree with everything he says just because the current president is Mr. Obama. This liberal also does not expect anyone to love Islam except for those who already practice it. But, at the same time I won't put up with anyone who automatically assumes "terrorist" when they see the word Muslim or see a Muslim on the street.

As for your last question, I'd ask it of you - how can you be so wrong about so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Oh I get it perfectly, I get that most liberals can't handle a conversation with people who don't agree 100% with them so they use things like racism and bigotry as an excuse to run and hide.
Funny, that sounds more like some conservatives I've come across, both here in the forums and in real life.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The funny thing is that it's always the other side that's wrong. Your side is never wrong.
By just saying that you are incriminating your own side.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
It's a leftist thing, you wouldn't understand.
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The funny thing is that it's always the other side that's wrong. Your side is never wrong.
By just saying that you are incriminating your own side.
You are correct.

I'm sick of hearing how liberals are "afraid" of Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, and others b/c we don't support them. I can't tell you how many posts I've read that say "the libs are giving her so much attention, they must be scared (rhymes with) witless.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Oh I get it perfectly, I get that most liberals can't handle a conversation with people who don't agree 100% with them so they use things like racism and bigotry as an excuse to run and hide.
That's not what you said. You said that to Dems those who are not practising Islam hate it. You do not seem to realize that Dems do not practise Islam either, so according to your logic they fall in the category of those who hate Islam. It is a senseless comment, and sadly all too common during these days of partisan hackery. I am not a demorcat, or liberal, but I can't help but wonder what would happen in November if the anti-dem people with that kind of mindset get their wish.

Your own words: "Libs seem to feel that if you're not practicing the religion of Islam that you hate everyone who's Muslim and then you're automatically a bigot".

Old 09-26-2010, 01:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
I understand it perfectly, I'm trying to figure out where the mental deficiency comes from.
Just re-branding by liberals since they have no policies to defend they resort to name calling. Last grasps at straws of desperation in appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 09-26-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-26-2010, 01:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Why on earth do you consider this a "lib" thing? The first time I ever ran into this sort of crap it was being thrown at me by conservative christians. And usually I hear it here on CD when talking about a polorizing conservative like Sarah Palin. How many threads were started claiming that people "were afraid" of her? Give me a break....

This junk has been the staple of the Republicans and ultra conservatives since day 1. Everyone does it now because it's so stupid it just HAS to be shared.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why on earth do you consider this a "lib" thing? The first time I ever ran into this sort of crap it was being thrown at me by conservative christians. And usually I hear it here on CD when talking about a polorizing conservative like Sarah Palin. How many threads were started claiming that people "were afraid" of her? Give me a break....

This junk has been the staple of the Republicans and ultra conservatives since day 1.
I'd replace that with "both parties and extremists" to make it a true statement.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'd replace that with "both parties and extremists" to make it a true statement.
Not just political issues either. It's the mindset that if you are pissing people off you must be doing something right, if people dislike you then you are on the right track, etc. Religion is king when it comes to that. It's the ULTIMATE is self-delusion.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
To answer the OP's quesion: Simply put, when people go out of their way to vote against the civil rights of a minority, it equates to hate and fear. You forgot ignorance, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies