Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
See, in the liberal utopia world math does not apply.
Well when you are ignorant of how the bill works you might think that.

15 Million of those 30 Million will be buying insurance themselves or the employers are.

That in and of itself, lowers costs because we don't have freeloaders using emergency rooms as their personal doctor's office then stiffing the providers for the bill. Those unpaid bills are passed along to all of us in the form of higher insurance premiums. Everybody pays in now..rather than gaming the system.

So those 15 Million cost the taxpayer nothing.....the other 15 Million cost the taxpayer 2% more in additional costs....4% of what we spend on the military....big whoop.

It' things like this you have no clue about.

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-27-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 03:11 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
When Americans have to go to work just to pay for the the gubbermint imposes or is responsible of "things" raising in price, why go to work at all if there's nothing left at the end of the week/month to pay for necessities/personal bills?

To go to work to earn most of what one needs will no longer be viable or possible at this rate.

If this continues most Americans will seize to work and let the gubbermint "take care of them" as they'll come out ahead than trying to do it the old-fashioned correct way.

Sickening? YES!!!!!!!!!

I don't like this one bit!!

Hope you understand my point.

I'm surprised Obama is allowed to still be POTUS, just figure out in your own way what I mean.

Be well my fellow Americans.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
When Americans have to go to work just to pay for the the gubbermint imposes or is responsible of "things" raising in price, why go to work at all if there's nothing left at the end of the week/month to pay for necessities/personal bills?

To go to work to earn most of what one needs will no longer be viable or possible at this rate.

If this continues most Americans will seize to work and let the gubbermint "take care of them" as they'll come out ahead than trying to do it the old-fashioned correct way.

Sickening? YES!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised Obama is allowed to still be POTUS, just figure out in your own way what I mean.

Clueless. The tax burden on the middle class is the lowest it's been in 60 years. http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...10-taxes_N.htm

[ See how easy it is for right wing politicians to brain wash voters when you are dealing with many at this level of intelligence? ]

Old 09-27-2010, 03:20 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It' things like this you have no clue about.
We're getting clues about this law almost every day. And they haven't been pretty so far.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
And they'll vote for Democrats.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
We're getting clues about this law almost every day. And they haven't been pretty so far.
Yeah, the "hits" from this extortion law keeps on coming every day.

Then they say that the tax burden on the middle class is the lowest in 60 years but yet costs of other things goes up so much more than any less taxes paid if even applicable.

The load of bull that this administration is trying to sell the American people is beyond

Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
[quote=padcrasher;16053872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post

Yes you will find all sorts of "points of view" on the internet.

But I have objective sources, from experts on the subject.

World Health Organization health care rankings.

WHO's ranking of health care systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now why don't you post one of your points of view (hopefully from an objective source) and we can discuss?

Well, I don't want to get into a "my source is more objective than yours" argument, but I just wonder how to sort this all out. I don't think it's all roses and lollipops everywhere there is single payer insurance, but neither is it doom and gloom. I think a happy medium might be what we're after as a nation. Government bureaucracy is just that....a bureaucracy. Look at education; it's not doing a good job. The post office, the dvm....all are headache inducing. We are a huge country with different needs. Maybe I'm talking about each state mandating its own program.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Obamca is a farce. Vote out the progressives in November and lets get this travesty repealed so reform of the insurance and tort systems along with a Medicare/Medicaid fraud crack-down can make medical services more afforable for everyone.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obamca is a farce. Vote out the progressives in November and lets get this travesty repealed so reform of the insurance and tort systems along with a Medicare/Medicaid fraud crack-down can make medical services more afforable for everyone.
the entire amount of money spent on lawsuits by the healthcare industry is less than 1 penny of your health care dollar.

It's just sad and pathetic that this is the only thing the right can come up with.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:

Sickening? YES!!!!!!!!!

November 2nd....keep your eye on the ballot box and gather your friends and family to vote this corrupt Congress OUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies