Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 AM

20,419 posts, read 12,338,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I AM A PERSON, A VOTER, A CITIZEN. I HAVE RIGHTS. Every American I know personally would benefit from MORE corporate federal regulations and MORE corporate federal taxes.
Who are you trying to convince that you are an actual person ? Me or yourself?

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You attack your opponents, for attacking their opponents. You fail to acknowledge that both sides are engaged in the same thing. Pretty simple hypocrisy.
Did you read the first post of this thread? It pretty much proves what you said wrong.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How can you say anything about FOR THE PEOPLE and the PUBLIC GOOD when you just said you only care about things that are in your own best interest?
A giant hypocrite that had their talking points emailed to them. That's all that post was about. Kind of funny that they don't understand their own talking points and partisan hackery, they just regurgitate it like it's fact.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
I AM A PERSON, A VOTER, A CITIZEN. I HAVE RIGHTS. Every American I know personally would benefit from MORE corporate federal regulations and MORE corporate federal taxes.
What! ? ! You conduct a poll of every American you know? Did they all tell HOW federal regulations and taxes would help? Did any say how they would hinder the economy?

Does this somehow begin to sound like a 60's hippie commune?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,592,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
What! ? ! You conduct a poll of every American you know? Did they all tell HOW federal regulations and taxes would help? Did any say how they would hinder the economy?

Does this somehow begin to sound like a 60's hippie commune?
Smaller govt/no taxes sounds like corporatist hijacking of Constitutional govt
How are corporations bilking US Treasury going to be FOR THE PEOPLE

Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
A giant hypocrite that had their talking points emailed to them. That's all that post was about. Kind of funny that they don't understand their own talking points and partisan hackery, they just regurgitate it like it's fact.
Isn't that where most of this junk starts anyway?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Smaller govt/no taxes sounds like corporatist hijacking of Constitutional govt
How are corporations bilking US Treasury going to be FOR THE PEOPLE
Why don't you ask George Soros?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
I don't think liberals have become all that concerned about the Koch brothers. I do think that people have a right to know that the Koch brothers have been involved in a lot of recent political activity, and that they have an agenda.

I would say that in terms of comparison, it seems that the Koch brothers are very focused in opposing Obama, whereas Soros seems very focused in advancing a liberal philosophy. So the brothers seem to have a very specific agenda, and Soros seems to have a very general agenda. That, to me, is a significant distinction.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Aren't they funding your "grass roots" tea party?
Think there might be an agenda involved?
There could be a $62 million agenda (http://docs.cpamerica.org/wtu/koch.pdf - broken link) involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Doesn't George Soros fund Open Society, Acorn, Media Matters, Center for American Progress, Move on dot org, DNC, etc... . Think their might be an agenda involved?
Soros is Chairman of the Open Society Institute, a fact he does not hide, but promotes. Does he fund the DNC? No. 527s, yes. Is he open and forthright about his financial contributions to these organizations? Yes. Did he have an agenda when he became an active contributor to those organizations in 2003? Yes -- he stated quite clearly that he would give up his entire personal fortune to defeat George W. Bush. Does he run those 527s at all, let alone hide under cover of pretending to be "grass roots" organizations like the Koch brothers do? No.

I'll take my political activism out in the open as opposed to in secrecy, thankyouverymuch.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,592,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why don't you ask George Soros?
I don't vote for George Soros, I VOTE FOR ME.

If it is "hypocritical" to vote in MY SELF-INTERESTS, then so be it!

If everyone would do the same, instead of being lapdogs for CORPORATE INTERESTS, then we could get Public Campaign Financing passed as law of the land, and then candidates would just be working for American PEOPLE, instead of corporate interests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies