Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So the American people made a choice in Nov. 2008 but this November when they make a choice they'll be wrong?

Wait let me take a guess at your reply....

"But uber rich oil tycoon, Koch brothers, oil pollution tea oil company party bla bla bla my self interest....."
Republican voters screwed us over TWICE with Bush/Cheney. And WHY For WHAT purpose? We would all be better off if GOP voters would please JUST STAY HOME this November. I am serious, we can't take it anymore. This country can't take it anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 11:45 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
My issue with the Koch brothers is that they are Libertarians. Period. I don't like the Libertarian platform. Period. And you can make these comparisons between Koch brothers and Soros all you like, however, it does not make the Koch brothers less Libertarian.
Their political stance makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to making a comparison between how they all spend their money but thanks for playing.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Republican voters screwed us over TWICE with Bush/Cheney. And WHY For WHAT purpose? We would all be better off if GOP voters would please JUST STAY HOME this November. I am serious, we can't take it anymore. This country can't take it anymore
50% or more of the people in this country are saying the same things about Democrats and electing Obama right now, we got screwed and it's time to fix things. I take great pleasure in knowing that liberals hate what's coming in November because that tells me we're heading in the right direction.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
Here is an article that explains both and their interests.

Soros and the Koch brothers have all donated to federal political campaigns and committees. While Soros has far out-spent the Koch brothers in donating to 527 groups, especially when considering his incredible $23.7 million in donations to the groups between 2003 and 2004, the Koch brothers have donated more money to federal candidates and committees.

The Koch brothers give almost exclusively to Republicans just as Soros donates predominately to Democrats and Democratic organizations. Overall, Soros has spent $34.24 million and the Kochs have spent $4.06 million. (Note: This study only covers donations to federal candidates - to see donations to state candidates, go to Followthemoney.org and search for Soros and Koch. For example, as Ben Smith of Politico wrote recently, David Koch and his wife have given $74,000 to a Democrat, Andrew Cuomo, New York's State Attorney General.)

Capital Rivals: Koch Brothers vs. George Soros | Politics and Economics Right Side News

Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
50% or more of the people in this country are saying the same things about Democrats and electing Obama right now, we got screwed and it's time to fix things. I take great pleasure in knowing that liberals hate what's coming in November because that tells me we're heading in the right direction.
oh puhleez, those are the people that almost gave us McBUSH/Palin

"right" does not mean correct.
"Right" as in Republican as in GOP Party, WRONG WAY TURN BACK !!!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
... I take great pleasure in knowing that liberals hate what's coming in November ....

YouTube - McCain Supporter: "Obama is an Arab"

Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Their political stance makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to making a comparison between how they all spend their money but thanks for playing.
Actually, it has everything to do with it. You just aren't equipped to handle that.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
WTF does that have to do with this thread?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-27-2010 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Actually, it has everything to do with it. You just aren't equipped to handle that.
Sure, you basically prove the whole point of this thread and now you don't like it. I get that the truth ticks people like you off, I really do understand.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:13 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
If there was ever a thread on this forum that perfectly illustrates the flat-out hypocrisy of the left, this is it.

Koch and Soros are two sides of the same coin. Period. The Koch brothers support conservative causes and spend big bucks to target the dems, and Obama. Soros supports liberal causes, and spends big bucks to target the repubs, and previously Bush.

Both have holdings and interests in big corporate America.

Yet only those posters here on the right can recognize and acknowledge this. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies