Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
CLASS DISCRIMINATION?

Provision, thats a nice way to say TAX!

we're all engaged in class warfare.

boomers want younger generations to pony up to pay for their retirement/medical benefits.

rich want poor and middle class to take on more debt, to support their assets.

poor want middle class and rich to pay more taxes, to support their lifestyles.

corporations think corporate taxes should be lower. investors think capital gains should be lower. the working poor think payroll taxes should be lower. All of these benefits would be taken from the larger system that we all pay into.

et cetera..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
(NaturalNews) The news about Obama's health care reform just keeps getting worse -- and we only find these things long after the bill has passed, of course. The newest revelation concerns a 3.8% tax on income from home sales and home rentals which will go into effect in 2013.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029849_healt … taxes.html
This is really nothing 'new' at all. On my 1998 tax form, I show a capital gains tax of $213 on a gain of $6,049 from the sale of a rental home. That works out to a 3.5% tax on capital gains, which means the rate has gone up .3% in 12 years! Whoopee!

Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Why should only 47% of americans have to pay any tax?
All americans pay taxes.

You're talking about federal income taxes, which are only a portion of the overall tax burden.

And taxes themselves are only a portion of the overall erosion of earning power that the poor and middle class suffer from. Our monetary system redistributes money away from earners, and towards owners. This transfer of spending power is not reflected in a typical analysis of taxation, and especially not a crude one that only considers federal income taxes.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
All americans pay taxes.
All Americans do not pay federal income taxes, many in fact get tax returns on money they never paid.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
All americans pay taxes.
No they do not. Maybe all people being paid a legal job have taxes withheld, but they get the money back. People like me pay net taxes. I have tens of thousands in federal income tax alone per year.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
All Americans do not pay federal income taxes, many in fact get tax returns on money they never paid.
Well, they have withholdings and get it back. Some get back MORE than they even had wittheld in the first place!

People like me don't get ANYTHING back and have 20,000 plus withheld per year just in federal income tax alone..

Meanwhile, I drive a used car, rent an apartment, and I see people living in public housing driving BMWs and mercedes'.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Quote:
No they do not. Maybe all people being paid a legal job have taxes withheld, but they get the money back. People like me pay net taxes. I have tens of thousands in federal income tax alone per year.

Do I need to draw you a picture, that SHOWS you how income taxes are only a portion of the overall government erosion of your spending power?

If you think income taxes are the end-all of wealth transfers, then I can see why y'all fail to understand this topic.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Do I need to draw you a picture, that SHOWS you how income taxes are only a portion of the overall government erosion of your spending power?

If you think income taxes are the end-all of wealth transfers, then I can see why y'all fail to understand this topic.
We're discussing income tax here. Perhaps you would like to remain on topic?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Actually..

Quote:
Why should only 47% of americans have to pay any tax?
But nice try with the, "I'm taking my ball and going home," tactic.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
you're the one that tried to make this discussion about tax. See the above post.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-27-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies