Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times

Advertisements

Their story, albeit superficially, reminds me of the story of Esther. Haman convinced Ahasuerus that Jews were bad people. Ahasuerus believed him and gave Haman the authority to do as he pleased about them, and so the execution of all the Jews was ordered. Ahasuerus then learned his beloved wife, Esther, was a Jew. Knowing her to be of good character, it proved Haman's hypothesis wrong and he reversed the order and had Haman hanged instead.

These people believed Jews were inherently bad people, until they learned they were Jews, themselves. Believing themselves to be of good character, it proved their original hypothesis about Jews was wrong, and thus they embraced their heritage.

I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

sorry but not

my great grand mother was a russian jew.....my grand mother followed eastern orthodox... my father rasied us as lutheran....my wife and kids are roman Catholic.. I am not jewish

you belive what you want
I had a feeling you had a personal vested interest in disbelieving matrilineal Jewishness. I was right. Welcome to the tribe.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:12 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlwh View Post
i hope their neo-nazi weekly meetings don't conflict with temple.
:d

Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I had a feeling you had a personal vested interest in disbelieving matrilineal Jewishness. I was right. Welcome to the tribe.
LOL! Kol hakavod, Jill!

Old 09-28-2010, 03:10 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
sorry but not

my great grand mother was a russian jew.....my grand mother followed eastern orthodox... my father rasied us as lutheran....my wife and kids are roman Catholic.. I am not jewish

you belive what you want
Sorry to have to inform you of this, but you are a little Jew boy! Now come on, it's not so bad; most of us are nice people and the food is really great.

(That is, if it's your mother's mother's mother -- if it's your father's mother's mother, then you are just a goy, sorry.)

Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Hitler looks Jewish?? Whaaa? I don't think so! And the bit about Hitler being Jewish is completely and utterly false. There was once a theory that his father's father's mother might have been a maid in the Rothschild home and might have been impregnated by one of the sons, but this was never substantiated (she could have become pregnant by a fellow houseworker) and in any event, even if it were true, it would be on his father's side which does NOT make him a Jew.
No, he looked like someone who had some Jewish ancestry: not 'Jewish'.

Jews have been an integral part of the region since the time of the Romans. In fact, many of the finer Romanesque buildings in Northwest Europe's port cities were constructed for Jewish merchants.

'Cross-pollination' between Jews and Gentiles was common. Ashkenazic Jews owe some of their acute intelligence to that interbreeding (Ashkenazim are considerably smarter than Sephardim). I will not describe early protocols for selection of the finest Gentile men to marry into early Norse Jewish families. But they were rather stringent, and based on intelligence.

The improving effect worked both ways. Partial descent from Semitic groups (Jewish or Roman) conferred distinct competitive advantages (particularly in terms of verbal skills), and so Semitic genes spread quickly across the German principalities. I would imagine that the Jewish contribution to Schiklgruber's genetics happened in Roman or Medieval times.

I agree that stories (the Rothschild one is new to me) of recent Jewish ancestry for 'Hitler' are silly. But the creature was only 'pure Austrian' in his own fantasies.

My realm is Economics, not Genetics: but I remain unconvinced that all critical Jewish characteristics are transmitted only along matrilineal lines. There's a lot to that, though, and I think it is essentially (though not entirely) valid. The science of Genetics is still in its infancy, as recent rethinking of the Neanderthal contribution to Europe's Genome has revealed. If Western Civilization can persist for just a while longer, we may have more definitive answers regarding 'Hitler's genetic makeup (I'd also like to have the final word on the Anastasia Romanov mystery).

In any event, I did not, and would never, state that Hitler could have been a Jew. He most definitely was not. There is a huge difference between having a bit of Jewish ancestry and being a Jew.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:

LOL! Kol hakavod, Jill!
Toda raba, Patty!

(Translation: she congratulated me (on rooting that info out) and I said thank you.)

Old 09-28-2010, 09:22 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
...then you are just a goy, sorry.)
Excuse me?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
clearly you dont understand the differnce between being RAISED AS,,,and someone in your ancestry was

btw if your mothers mother was a jew, but your mother converted to a baptist...then by birth you are a baptist..and by CHOICE you are what ever you choose to be... to include athiest or agnostic
Nope you are OWNED if your mother's mother's mother's mother's mother has once ounce of Jewish in her.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:55 PM

128 posts, read 130,187 times
It is not a race, it us a religion. It's amazing to see how many people embrace Hitler's lies and his "legacy". But did I really expect something else? Nah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies