Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,444,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Acting like what? It is clear that he reveres the Declaration of Independence, since, thanks to you, we know that he references it regularly in his speeches.

Geez, if this is all people have to worry about, I'd say the economy must be doing much better.
Acting like a child. He does no such thing about the DI, he hates it along with everything this nation stands for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,631,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
My objection is that he just can't bring himself to say those words. He is supposed to be the American President acting like that? What a buffoon the guy is.
There's no need to, and a portion of America doesn't even believe in God. I prefer it if the president refrains from references to God--and I'm ostensibly a Christian.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
That is NOT what it means, not even close. Try again.
I don't have to try again. That's what it means. I don't want the government putting one religion over another--not even mine.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times
Quote:
It is a sad, sad tragedy when an American President can't muster up the strength to accurately cite our founding documents. It's pathetic on every level.
A tragedy? No, this is a tragedy:

Landslide in Mexico's Oaxaca State Buries 300 Homes; Hundreds Feared Dead

And this is a tragedy:

UT Gunman Dead; Search Continues for Possible Second Suspect - Local News - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - News - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39399365 - broken link)

This may prove to be a tragedy:

Calif. heat wave leaves thousands without power - Weather - msnbc.com

The President not quoting the Declaration of Independence verbatim while giving a talk on educational opportunity is not a tragedy. It a truly sad day when something this mundane is elevated to such a level.

Last edited by TigerLily24; 09-28-2010 at 02:30 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,224,549 times
Obama wore one navy blue sock and one black sock. What a tragedy. He obviously hates America.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:20 PM

294 posts, read 351,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There's no need to, and a portion of America doesn't even believe in God. I prefer it if the president refrains from references to God--and I'm ostensibly a Christian.
By definition you must also, ostensibly be an American. If operating in a default persona gives you comfort, so be it. For those in acceptance of being an American, it is insulting that these decisions of our "ostensible"leader, to pick and choose the relevant portions of our founding have produced an awful lot of heartburn. Deep down, RWers were hoping they were wrong about our new president, since were well aware of all the negatives going into this. We only had to worry about George going off script, that was when he was our bain of discontent.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM

20,309 posts, read 19,899,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
DUH who cares.....
We have a Declaration of Independence that many like as it was written.

Written by far better men than we have running the show today.

You wouldn't get it.

Last edited by doc1; 09-28-2010 at 03:36 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 02:40 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,841,479 times
Quote:
yeah, yeah.. Huff and puff.... He just can't bring himself to say it. The first time he WAS citing from the DI and he purposely omitted it. He only paraphrased this time so he had an excuse to leave it out.
Leave what out? Other then the words, exactly what is he leaving out? What message would he be trying to send?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
By definition you must also, ostensibly be an American. If operating in a default persona gives you comfort, so be it. For those in acceptance of being an American, it is insulting that these decisions of our "ostensible"leader, to pick and choose the relevant portions of our founding have produced an awful lot of heartburn. Deep down, RWers were hoping they were wrong about our new president, since were well aware of all the negatives going into this. We only had to worry about George going off script, that was when he was our bain of discontent.
Their perception of God may differ from mine. Thus, I'd prefer that they not even bother to address questions of religion. I don't even agree with all of the precepts taught by my particular sect. Am I a member, am I not?--I'm not really sure.

I only know that I believe what I believe, and the government is the LAST place I would want direction from.

I also wouldn't want their opinion on what it "means" to be an American.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:42 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,364,922 times
Quote:
Simply clueless
You got that right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies