Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times

Advertisements

Obama in Command: The Rolling Stone Interview | Rolling Stone Politics

I haven't read it yet, but wanted to provide the link in case anyone wants to check it out.

If you have read it; thoughts, impressions, comments? I'll come back later with mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,711,891 times
The interviewer is obviously an Obama lickspittle. Talk about tough questions. This magazine has been in the tank for Obama for a long time.
He trots out the tried and true blatherings; Republicans all BAD, Fox News biased, Tea Party innuendo, NONE of this is MY fault!
I've seen more truth and insight inside a fortune cookie.

Last edited by hornet67; 09-28-2010 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-28-2010, 01:42 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
Ok, I'm still not impressed.
Quote:

You've passed more progressive legislation than any president since Lyndon Johnson. Yet your base does not seem nearly as fired up as the opposition, and you don't seem to be getting the credit for those legislative victories. There was talk that you were going to mobilize your grass-roots volunteers and use them to pressure Congress, but you decided for whatever reason not to involve the public directly and not to force a filibuster on issues like health care. What do you say to those people who have developed a sense of frustration — your base — who feel that you need to fight harder?
"That's a bunch of different questions, so let me see if I can kind of knock them out one by one."
Hm, there was only one question there.

(But then again, I don't like Barry so its easy for me to point out flaws, after all, I'm looking for them!)

Old 09-28-2010, 01:45 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
"One closing remark that I want to make: It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election. The idea that we've got a lack of enthusiasm in the Democratic base, that people are sitting on their hands complaining, is just irresponsible.....We have to get folks off the sidelines. People need to shake off this lethargy, people need to buck up. Bringing about change is hard — that's what I said during the campaign. It has been hard, and we've got some lumps to show for it. But if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren't serious in the first place.
If you're serious, now's exactly the time that people have to step up."

This is code talk for "I'm scared about these upcoming elections. I need you bastardous traitors to get off your worthless behinds and save my pathetic ass!"

Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
"One closing remark that I want to make: It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election. The idea that we've got a lack of enthusiasm in the Democratic base, that people are sitting on their hands complaining, is just irresponsible.....We have to get folks off the sidelines. People need to shake off this lethargy, people need to buck up. Bringing about change is hard — that's what I said during the campaign. It has been hard, and we've got some lumps to show for it. But if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren't serious in the first place.
If you're serious, now's exactly the time that people have to step up."

This is code talk for "I'm scared about these upcoming elections. I need you bastardous traitors to get off your worthless behinds and save my pathetic ass!"
This is code talk that the democrats are upset with him, he knows this from his failed attempt to reach across the isle to work with republicans in a mature manor for the best of the country, though they chose to be children with "NO"
If you think it's bad now, just wait until the disaster of more republicans in congress.

Otherwise that was a good read and thanks for posting. Obama i think finally has gotten the clue the right won't play nice no matter what he does, and if he doesn't want to alienate his base anymore then he has, he needs to stop being a progressive republican, and be that democrat who promised real change.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
I found the interview informative, enlightening, and on the money. He points out the accomplishments that have been largely overlooked by his base due to the political noise from the right. He highlighted the challenges he's faced and how he has met them and why he has chosen tha path he has. Republicans will hate it. Democrats will at least give it a fair read. Me,.....it convinced me to vote strictly party line for once. I want as few republicans in power as possible. I detest how as a group they have sat on the sidelines and refused to participate in fixing one of the worst crisis the nation has ever faced. And they did it all for political gain at the expense of the American People. Republicans should be banned from the political playground until they learn to play well and cooperate with others. What little agenda they have proposed, I am against. What political gains and support they have made is Anti-American at it's foundation. For me, I'll rubberstamp every Democrat on the ballot for the sake of our country's future. Bring it on Repubs! Let's rumble.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM

952 posts, read 942,121 times
"And then there are probably some aspects of the Tea Party that are a little darker, that have to do with anti-immigrant sentiment or are troubled by what I represent as the president."

That's anti ILLEGAL immigration, you mis-representing, (oh, wth) lying one-termer...

Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,711,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
"And then there are probably some aspects of the Tea Party that are a little darker, that have to do with anti-immigrant sentiment or are troubled by what I represent as the president."

That's anti ILLEGAL immigration, you mis-representing, (oh, wth) lying one-termer...
Why didn't the Anointed One come out and say what he really meant.... RACISTS.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What political gains and support they have made is Anti-American at it's foundation. For me, I'll rubberstamp every Democrat on the ballot for the sake of our country's future. Bring it on Repubs! Let's rumble.
NO! What is anti-American is the continual pathetic pandering to illegals, Calderon, South/Central American dictators, and muslim nations that this administration seems to feel is neccessary to function. God forbid we offend anyone!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post

Ok, I'm still not impressed.

Hm, there was only one question there.

(But then again, I don't like Barry so its easy for me to point out flaws, after all, I'm looking for them!)
Well, at least you're honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Me,.....it convinced me to vote strictly party line for once.
I'm sure very few here will believe that I have ever voted for anyone who wasn't a Democrat, but I actually have. But this time I'm with you -- straight party line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx

I want as few republicans in power as possible. I detest how as a group they have sat on the sidelines and refused to participate in fixing one of the worst crisis the nation has ever faced. And they did it all for political gain at the expense of the American People. Republicans should be banned from the political playground until they learn to play well and cooperate with others.
I was actually quite taken aback when that was the first question asked and I read his response.
"The recovery package we shaped was put together on the theory that we shouldn't exclude any ideas on the basis of ideological predispositions. . . I still remember going over to the Republican caucus to meet with them and present our ideas, and to solicit ideas from them before we presented the final package. And on the way over, the caucus essentially released a statement that said, "We're going to all vote 'No' as a caucus." And this was before we'd even had the conversation."
Appalling. Shameful. And worse yet, utterly irresponsible!

Anyone who claims that Republicans in office give a damn about this nation, its citizens and our future, should now know that they are flat out wrong about that. Republicans have admitted that they are more interested in their own party and power than they are in working towards solutions. It's contemptible.

And to those who will undoubtedly come in here to say that Democrats shut Republicans out, I'm going to call a preemptive bulls***. But you know what? Even if they did, how can anyone be surprised, let alone angry about it? When you're told, "I don't care what you're proposing, we're voting 'No' as a bloc," why would you even bother? It'd be a gigantic waste of time. I'm all for cutting them off at the knees.

After reading that interview, I am once again FIRED UP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies