Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

The only one who confiscates money from those that earn it is the government.
It's not a company because they tell you the salary and offer you the job..you accept or decline. Once you accept they don't confiscate any of your salary so it's not the company you must be referring to..correct ?

How can I justify that ? I can't. The government is more concerned with sending my tax dollars to big banks and rebuilding other countries.

I wish they wouldn't as we have plenty of problems here at home where my tax dollars could be put to better use. But there's not much I can do about that except to vote and hope that others vote the same way.

Sadly most of them don't. They vote on slogans and empty promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
The title pretty much says it all.

I would like to hear how people justify confiscating money from the people that earn it so that they may give it to those who did not earn it.

Please answer the question only with intelligent and sound responses and remain on topic. Do not turn this into another verbal food fight by throwing out what ever you can think of. Any off subject responses will be considered trolling.

If you think you can intelligently articulate a sound basis for "starvation wages/cheap labor" please do so. If not, don't reply.
I suspect employers could pay higher wages if they didn't have to spend so much money complying with government requirements and filling out governmnet paperwork. If people purchased their own healthcare employers could pay them the difference of the price of insurance to their current wages too. The price of health insurance to small businesses holds wages down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies