Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 AM

527 posts, read 467,639 times

Advertisements

I cant get past the fact that this guy wasted so many hours to paint this-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
This painting's message is a contradiction with reality, and is about as valid as a picture of Adolph Hitler begging the Allied powers to pay attention to the plight of oppressed Jews.

REAL nice piece of propaganda there, trying to portray Republicans as "friends of the poor" when it is a Republican talking point for decades that Democrats try to fleece the rich man and "redistribute wealth" to the poor! Can't have it both ways folks.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM

527 posts, read 467,639 times
I think the Republican presidents in the painting are pointing to the poorman on the bench in order to tell Obama to step on him-

Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM

2,963 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This painting's message is a contradiction with reality, and is about as valid as a picture of Adolph Hitler begging the Allied powers to pay attention to the plight of oppressed Jews.

REAL nice piece of propaganda there, trying to portray Republicans as "friends of the poor" when it is a Republican talking point for decades that Democrats try to fleece the rich man and "redistribute wealth" to the poor! Can't have it both ways folks.
You give yourself no credibility when you make a comment like this. I think that the painting has served its purpose by enraging the liberals who know that the Democratic party will be defeated in the mid term elections.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
You give yourself no credibility when you make a comment like this. I think that the painting has served its purpose by enraging the liberals who know that the Democratic party will be defeated in the mid term elections.
Enraging?

Please show me one example of what you think is rage on this thread.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
The guys got talent. Too bad its wasted on what is little more than a political cartoon.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Hilarious! The GOP Presidents seem so concerned about the poor down and out white man....The victim....LOL

And what is Obama standing on? The constitution I suppose.

That's why Bush put an American citizen in jail for 5 years without trail and wiretapped Americans without a warrant and all the constitution loving GOPers didn't give a damn.

How is the GOP going to help the "forgotten white man"?????

By cutting his Social security benefits and lowering taxes on the ultra rich of course!!!

Right wing propaganda art at it's finest!

Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Wink Time for me to school you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We all know the term is used as slur against people who support the Tea Party. But you know that already.

And anyone who's been paying attention knows that the tea people named themselves "teabaggers."

I don't know if you were aware of that or not.

I report. You decide.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post

And you give yourself no credibility when you buy into this painting as being somehow "poignant" or compelling in any way. FDR? Ignoring the poor and those striving for a better life and prosperity? REALLY? REAGAN? Friend of the downtrodden?

Have conservatives and Republicans no sense of irony or shame anymore?

Last edited by TriMT7; 09-29-2010 at 01:49 PM..

Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's a bulls**** piece of propaganda.

Nothing more!
Yes sad that he chose to elevate Reagan to the stature of founding fathers, diminish the key role Bush jr played in undermining the constitution, and shift blame to Obama for the pandora's box Bush jr opened with expanded executive powers. It's disingenuous but I can agree that falling down on the job by being too fixated on the trees yielded a mismanagement of the forest is truthful statement.

The real truth be told... that man on the bench is liberal, conservative, and centrist alike. You've only tricked yourselves into believing that the despair and disappointment American citizens feel when they see our system going wayward or dysfunctional is a mutually exclusive condition and your leaders point at the other guy as being the root cause which only serves as distraction so the real thief/ murderer can continue on his merry way (profiting wildly from strife).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies