Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
With all the words and labels that are considered hate speech and slurs in today's world, why have liberals taken to the double entendre term "Teabaggers" to show their HATE of the Tea Party Movement.

Just watch the smirks and smiles as liberal commentators use the term to describe a political movement.

Even this Forum puts up with this term for now as acceptable. No asterisks on the above term. Come on liberals lets hear your rationalizations for the term in question. Get ready for the hate because here it comes.

Even our wonderful President likes to use the term describing the oral fondling of male genitalia. Thanks for the change Mr President. I guess if the Pres can use the term its not hate speech yet.

Obama Calls Tea Partiers 'Tea-Baggers' | The Atlantic Wire

I guess its sticks and stones for the Teabaggers but libelous slander for the "you decide"
Of course hate speech from the left is ok. They have no policies that work so that is all they have
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Of course hate speech from the left is ok. They have no policies that work so that is all they have
Pretty much....

Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
With all the words and labels that are considered hate speech and slurs in today's world, why have liberals taken to the double entendre term "Teabaggers" to show their HATE of the Tea Party Movement.

Just watch the smirks and smiles as liberal commentators use the term to describe a political movement.

Even this Forum puts up with this term for now as acceptable. No asterisks on the above term. Come on liberals lets hear your rationalizations for the term in question. Get ready for the hate because here it comes.

Even our wonderful President likes to use the term describing the oral fondling of male genitalia. Thanks for the change Mr President. I guess if the Pres can use the term its not hate speech yet.

Obama Calls Tea Partiers 'Tea-Baggers' | The Atlantic Wire

I guess its sticks and stones for the Teabaggers but libelous slander for the "you decide"
I do not see the big deal here. The right refers to progressives as Progs, is that supposed to be flattering? I doubt that. Who is it that turned the word Liberal into an insult? Not the Liberals. Me thinks someone is a bit thin skinned, especially since it is the right that has used the same tactic on several occasions. So whine away when someone refers to a righthanded organization, and yes they are right of center admit it or not makes no difference, I doubt there are many people willing to listen.
Casper

Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It pretty much comes down to almost any term or phrase leftists can use is allowed...free speech and all.

Any term or phrase conservatives might use is hate speech.

How about Obamatron,*******,Obamatards,Obamabots,Useful idiots....any more?
Those are used every day of the week, probably every hour of the day. Democrats, liberals, et al are not calling it hate speech. It's part of political banter - not decorous, to be sure, but hardly a new phenomenon.

And I thought you teabaggers relished how un-PC you are? You say PC is bad - what's happened to that? Shoe on the other foot uncomfortable?

If the term had not been discovered to have an alternate meaning, the Tea Party would proudly continue calling themselves teabaggers. Many words have multiple meanings. And I'd bet Beavis and Butthead would snicker if they heard the word "seaman", but that's still an official designation for some enlisted members of the US Navy.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Those are used every day of the week, probably every hour of the day. Democrats, liberals, et al are not calling it hate speech. It's part of political banter - not decorous, to be sure, but hardly a new phenomenon.

And I thought you teabaggers relished how un-PC you are? You say PC is bad - what's happened to that? Shoe on the other foot uncomfortable?

If the term had not been discovered to have an alternate meaning, the Tea Party would continue calling themselves teabaggers. Many words have multiple meanings. And I'd bet Beavis and Butthead would snicker if they heard the word "seaman", but that's still an official designation for some enlisted members of the US Navy.
The use of the term shows much more about the fear and bias of the person using the term, than the people the use the term against.

for instance someone who calls another the n word, it shows much more about the bias and hate of the user than the person they called the name.

Our president has shown his fear and bias by the use of the term

Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post

If the term had not been discovered to have an alternate meaning, the Tea Party would proudly continue calling themselves teabaggers. Many words have multiple meanings. And I'd bet Beavis and Butthead would snicker if they heard the word "seaman", but that's still an official designation for some enlisted members of the US Navy.
Actually quite a few leftists ARE offended by such terms,and I DO believe using such terms was not allowed during the Presidential election here but I might be mistaken.

I find it hilarious that leftists actually get offended over being called...liberal.

I personally don't care what leftist idiots blindly following the talking points given to them call TEA Party members....but then don't be getting your little panties all in a knot when you are called something.

Leftists should put on their big girl panties if they want to play...

Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Bagger! Bagger! bagger!

Hey, tea! Hey, tea!

Bagger! Bagger! bagger!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left is an evil bunch of cowards. They just love to slander people and use derogatory terms towards them. Actually the Left is the most childish bunch of people I've ever witnessed.
Very nice example of typical NeoConfused hypocrisy. BRAVO!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Actually quite a few leftists ARE offended by such terms,and I DO believe using such terms was not allowed during the Presidential election here but I might be mistaken.
I believe you're mistaken. And being offended is everyone's right - that doesn't mean a term rises to the level of hate speech.

Quote:
I find it hilarious that leftists actually get offended over being called...liberal.
Well I certainly don't. I'm a proud liberal. I think it's funny that rightwingers think "progressive" is now an insult -- as if progress is a dirty word

Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 AM

294 posts, read 351,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Very nice example of typical NeoConfused hypocrisy. BRAVO!
http://cdn.gameist.com/static/contentimages/jkimak/neo1.jpg (broken link)
Neo?..............................Confused?
Careful, that was guns a-blazing time, those opressive robots found out what real bullet dodging looked like.

In other symbolism, some of us have unplugged from the pablum fed to us by those in "leadership", to label us from a line from a modern and far from hilarious Will Ferrel movie, only highlights how easily you are amused. Are you really feeling confident in our government or do you sleep soundly at night in firm opposition to only the Republican influence upon our society? If I had a gun, it'd be under my pillow at night in severe doubt of the intentions of both major parties and those in influence of the choices they are supposed to be making in support of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies