Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:11 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,195,644 times

Advertisements

They called themselves Teabaggers. It rolls of the tongue (no pun intended) better than Tea Partiers (and they aren't really partying, anyway), Tea Party People, Tea-pers, Tea Activists. Sure as heck aren't going to call them Tea Patriots, because the opposition strongly disagrees with the contention that they are patriots and the rest of us are not.

Rick Santorum keeps his last name, despite the alternate meaning of it. And don't look now, but the initials for Tea Party can be used to mean toilet paper. Oh, the indignity!

Funny, I don't hear Republicans boo-hooing whenever some wag comes up with alternate meanings for GOP, like "Grumpy Old Perverts". Teabaggers are so sensitive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 01:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,757,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Considering I would know, since Dad lived through stock market crash and FDR recovery firsthand

Of course, he is also the first one ever to tell me that REPUBLICANS use "lib...urrr...al" as a derogatory term.

And I gotta ask, you are giving up your Social Security and Medicare when you come of age, right?
Nobody wants to give up Social Security or Medicare! Who would take care of Mom and Dad then?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:14 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,819,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Sooo, you are saying Teabagger Partys are a dirty bad thing?
I don't know what a Teabagger party is, I've never been to one.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:21 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,662,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
With all the words and labels that are considered hate speech and slurs in today's world, why have liberals taken to the double entendre term "Teabaggers" to show their HATE of the Tea Party Movement.

Just watch the smirks and smiles as liberal commentators use the term to describe a political movement.

Even this Forum puts up with this term for now as acceptable. No asterisks on the above term. Come on liberals lets hear your rationalizations for the term in question. Get ready for the hate because here it comes.

Even our wonderful President likes to use the term describing the oral fondling of male genitalia. Thanks for the change Mr President. I guess if the Pres can use the term its not hate speech yet.

Obama Calls Tea Partiers 'Tea-Baggers' | The Atlantic Wire

I guess its sticks and stones for the Teabaggers but libelous slander for the "you decide"

You Teabaggers are looking at this all wrong.

Check it out -

The Teabaggers are the dippers. So your opponents are the receivers - the Teabaggees

So which would you rather be - the Teabagger or the Teabaggee?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,378,269 times
Talking "Teabagger" The new acceptable hate speech slur of the progrssive left.

Quote:
With all the words and labels that are considered hate speech and slurs in today's world, why have liberals taken to the double entendre term "Teabaggers" to show their HATE of the Tea Party Movement.

Just watch the smirks and smiles as liberal commentators use the term to describe a political movement.

Even this Forum puts up with this term for now as acceptable. No asterisks on the above term. Come on liberals lets hear your rationalizations for the term in question. Get ready for the hate because here it comes.

Even our wonderful President likes to use the term describing the oral fondling of male genitalia. Thanks for the change Mr President. I guess if the Pres can use the term its not hate speech yet.

I guess its sticks and stones for the Teabaggers but libelous slander for the "you decide"

Except that the tea people named themselves.

What's a teabagger?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:55 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,399,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
You Teabaggers are looking at this all wrong.

Check it out -

The Teabaggers are the dippers. So your opponents are the receivers - the Teabaggees

So which would you rather be - the Teabagger or the Teabaggee?
Good point!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:58 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,202,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No I did not know the other meaning of the term until some sicko pointed it out on this forum
months ago. But hey I'm happy to continue using it now that it is acceptable!
Ditto!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,600,210 times
Actually TeaBagger is out of date "FreedomWorks Zombies" is in now. Talking to a Tea bagger is like trying to reason with a Zombie

Old 09-29-2010, 02:08 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,194,450 times
Quote:

Thank you for this post .

Old 09-29-2010, 02:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,399,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Actually TeaBagger is out of date "FreedomWorks Zombies" is in now. Talking to a Tea bagger is like trying to reason with a Zombie
You want to see zombies? Go take a look at some of Obama's Presidential race speeches where the attendents are staring off into space chanting "Yes We Can" over and over and over again. It is frightening to watch all of those brainwashed zombies just fall in line and start goose stepping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies