Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 01:36 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,218,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
So? It doesn't say he was depressed or anything like that. Maybe his family didn't know he was gay and he was ashamed to talk about it with anyone.
Non depressed people commit suicide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No. They're sociopaths.

Maybe he wont feel guilty, but a sociopath would be mad that thanks to activist judges and the PC atmosphere of the day a harmless boyhood prank wound up blocking him from good jobs the rest of his life.
And had he not killed himself, nobody would have ever heard of this, nor would there be charges. So it completely depends upon on the irrational acts of the victim?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Sure, people kill themselves for various reasons...

Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,005,901 times
Quote:
Here he was making out with someone (or having sex? dont know) maybe for the first time in his life. Those are delicate confusing feelings for years after you start. Here he was just starting, after apparently a lifetime of humiliations and no sex or kissing or love all through his growing up, and being so lonely. He must have felt singled out, maybe rejected by God. Then this horrific exposure, to him of all people! It would have been a reply to his darkest imaginings. I hate to have to say something that to most people is so obvious, but "think how he must have felt!"

Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,714,327 times
Quote:
I didn't read those 33 pages, but only the op and the last couple of pages. Why would he have sought mental counseling?! Shame is not a mental problem or illness...
Thoughts of suicide are a mental problem. And there are suicide hotlines as well as school counseling programs available. Even if he had turned to the Residential Assistant (or whatever title they go by at Rutgers), the RA's have training to get suicidal students help. Obviously, if someone is contemplating suicide, they aren't thinking clearly, but there are support systems available.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Here he was making out with someone (or having sex? dont know) maybe for the first time in his life. Those are delicate confusing feelings for years after you start. Here he was just starting, after apparently a lifetime of humiliations and no sex or kissing or love all through his growing up, and being so lonely. He must have felt singled out, maybe rejected by God. Then this horrific exposure, to him of all people! It would have been a reply to his darkest imaginings. I hate to have to say something that to most people is so obvious, but "think how he must have felt!"

So would you be saying this about a guy who was a "40 year old virgin" who gets filmed making out with a woman for the first time? He would have those same "Delicate" feelings, despite being 40..

Old 10-01-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Thoughts of suicide are a mental problem. And there are suicide hotlines as well as school counseling programs available. Even if he had turned to the Residential Assistant (or whatever title they go by at Rutgers), the RA's have training to get suicidal students help. Obviously, if someone is contemplating suicide, they aren't thinking clearly, but there are support systems available.
I was called a bigot on the BBC for saying that he was mentally unbalanced, today. Apparently it's not PC to state the truth, that someone who is suicidal is mentally unbalanced.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:51 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I used to have suicidal thoughts when I was younger, never would I have told a stranger about them, Being a shy, introverted person, I didn't tell anyone.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:51 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,957,933 times
Quote:
So would you be saying this about a guy who was a "40 year old virgin" who gets filmed making out with a woman for the first time? He would have those same "Delicate" feelings, despite being 40..
What kind of idiotic question is this? You are going so far into left field with this it's ridiculous.

Filming someone doing things in the privacy of their home without their knowledge and broadcasting it to the world is BAD. There is nothing else you can say about it.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I used to have suicidal thoughts when I was younger, never would I have told a stranger about them, Being a shy person, I didn't tell anyone.
You were mentally unbalanced when you were younger.

Should others have been charged with a crime for your reluctance to seek counselling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies