Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:51 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times

Advertisements

who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 09:54 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
I don't know, but she was a very good looking communist in her prime.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:55 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Can an atheist be spiritual or religious then?
yes. i am both an atheist and spiritual.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
"'Let's not play games,' Obama stated. 'What I was suggesting – you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come.' Stephanopoulos immediately interrupted Obama, stating, 'Christian faith.' 'My Christian faith,' Obama quickly said."

Obama slips on TV: 'My Muslim faith'

They must have practiced their religion in the 57th state.

But seriously, does it matter what his mother was? He didn't write a book, "Dreams From My Mother." I would sure hope no one judged me by my mother.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Was George Bush's mom a Satan-worshipping hooker? I really need to know.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Has this ever been found to be a fact?

I have read that she herself on many occasions said she was but does anyone here have any proof that she was in fact an atheist?
Who cares.

Why are you bothering asking anyway? Why not just say whatever you want and repeat it as the truth like everything else you do?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
He has been essentially saying the same thing for years. I haven't bothered to look it up, but I'm pretty sure he said the same thing is his first book.

This is how he said in 2006.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com

And I speak with some experience on this matter. I was not raised in a particularly religious household, as undoubtedly many in the audience were. My father, who returned to Kenya when I was just two, was born Muslim but as an adult became an atheist. My mother, whose parents were non-practicing Baptists and Methodists, was probably one of the most spiritual and kindest people I've ever known, but grew up with a healthy skepticism of organized religion herself. As a consequence, so did I.

Here is how he said it at the UCC General Synod in 2007.

A Politics of Conscience

And this restlessness – this search for meaning – is familiar to me. I was not raised in a particularly religious household. My father, who I didn't know, returned to Kenya when I was just two. He was nominally a Muslim since there were a number of Muslims in the village where he was born. But by the time he was a young adult, he was an atheist. My mother, whose parents were non-practicing Baptists and Methodists, was one of the most spiritual souls I ever knew. She had this enormous capacity for wonder, and lived by the Golden Rule. But she had a healthy skepticism of religion as an institution. And as a consequence, so did I.
This pretty much clears it up. OP if you spent as much time focusing on you as you do harping on every word that comes out of the president's mouth, you'd probably be a much happier person. While other politicians lie, it gets right by you because you are too busy watching Obama and trying to catch him in some no good act. This is ridiculous.

His father was an athiest...so what. His mother questioned organized religion but is spirtual...so what. Who cares? Oh I know, people so filled with hate that they are constantly accusing the president of something every time he bats an eyelash. Mean while, folks like Glenn Beck can tell you anything and you believe it, no questions ask. It must be hard, eating sleeping and breathing hatred for someone who IS in such a position of power.

I wouldn't care if he was a Muslim, Athiest, Christian, Buddhist or Hindu. What a lame attempt to discredit the president. Focus on real issues rather than petty BS and you may actually get somewhere. This falls into the same category of people getting upset over him putting his feet on his desk or accusing the FLOTUS of lying about growing sweet potatoes in the Whitehouse garden. Pathetic!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Well, I dunno, really.

But from what is well documented, there's plenty of evidence to prove that she sure had an almighty fondness for muslim men; especially non white muslim men.
This is as absurd and irrelevant as the OP.
So many bigoted posts by so many posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Being spiritual and being religious do not always go hand in hand.....
As evident from mot christer posts on cd.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Yes it sure does.

Barrack himself on the campaign trail said his Mom was an atheist.

Now he does his set up back yard talk in NM and he tells us that his Mom was one of the most spiritual people he ever knew but did not go to church.

Which way is it?

So if Obama is lying again that is ok with the liberals here?
Since when do you have to go to a church to be spiritual? You are confusing spirituality with a formalized belief system.

While we're on the subject, who could possibly care what someone else's beliefs or non-beliefs were unless they were prejudiced? Freedom of religion including the right not to profess one is one of the most basic of AMERICAN professions.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:35 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Who cares.

Why are you bothering asking anyway? Why not just say whatever you want and repeat it as the truth like everything else you do?

Why not?

Have you even read the reason why I asked?

You and all the other libs here are doing your normal protect the liar thing you do.

Plain and simple, Obama got caught lying AGAIN and you all ask why should anyone ask.

If the man is going to lie all the time then we ALL have to right to know.

This is just one a many lies he has been caught red handed on.

Do you not want your hero to stop lying and getting caught?

He is destroying your entire party and you still defend him.

Obama lied again, got caught again and you still trust the man?

He lies so much he cannot remember the lie he stated 2 years ago when he said his mom was on welfare and when he starts his scam HC talk he lies again and said she had cancer and her insurance would not cover it because of her pre-conditions.

He simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

When will he stop lying all the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies