Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After homosexuality gets broad acceptance, which sexual practice will be next to gain acceptance?
Polygamy 22 35.48%
Bestiality 15 24.19%
Lowering of age of consent to 13 years old 9 14.52%
Other 16 25.81%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Clowns

Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Clowns
clowns? are you serious
I hope you are referring to straight clowns, because I don't think america is ready for any ***** ones

Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
sex with robots- i heard that the show is on tlc

Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
clowns? are you serious
I hope you are referring to straight clowns, because I don't think america is ready for any ***** ones
Is any discussion about a clown...serious?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
As long as the anti-gay crowd becomes more and more marginalized, I'll be happy.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Gay polygamists

Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
My conclusion is, if it takes a male and a female to naturally procreate, then homosexuality is to be considered a mental defect or a genetic defect since they are mentally uncapable of having sex with the opposite sex. APA used to say that it was a mental disorder but removed it, presumably at the behest of the gay lobby. Now since the APA says that homosexuality is not a genetic or mental disorder then what is it? My only conclusion is then, it's a lifestyle choice.

That's a rather self-serving and selective definition and rationalization of human sexuality based on your own biased Biblically Correct perceptions.

The reality of human sexuality is much more complex, diverse and dynamic.

First and foremost, you attempt of pigeon-hole and restrict human sexual functions to merely the function of reproduction. Which is an enormous mishap of misinformation on your part

Human beings have the capacity for great sensuality. This capacity for great sensuality is not restricted to or exclusive to the genital organs of our bodies. In fact, our capacity for great sensuality is distributed through out our bodies and invloves many, many .....many parts of our bodies. With one of the most important and significant body parts being our brains and our intellect. This is a naturally occuring aspect of our biological structure.

Furthermore, many animals in the animal kingdom are also have the capacity for sensuality and non-procreation based sexual activities. it's naturally occuring.

The capacity for sensuality and sexuality are not defects. Nor are they disorders of any kind. Nor genetic. Nor psychological. It is in fact a very natural biological and intellectual capability.

The animal kingdom has a plethora of animal species which participate in both homosexual and bi-sexual activities and behaviors. These behaviors occur naturally. Always have and always will. These behaviors are not a result of a defect or the result of a disorder.

Homosexuality, much like hetrosexuality, begins at the biological and hormonal level; as well as intellectual level. It is a variational mechanism of biological function and form. Nothing more, nothing less.

Functionally speaking homosexuality serves and aides in natural population control. It helps to either prevent or curtail over-population of any given species. In the animal kindom, in many species, homosexuallity not only serves and aides in natural population control, but it also creates a bond of unity and social order; within the community.

Neither human beings or any other species of the animal kingdom make a "conscience " choice to be homosexual. There first has to be a pre-existing biological and instinctual attraction to members of one's own gender. Even people who claim to have made a "conscience" choice to be homosexual, must have the biological and intellectual capacity of attraction and sexual/sensual stimulation to one's own gender.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
My conclusion is, if it takes a male and a female to naturally procreate, then homosexuality is to be considered a mental defect or a genetic defect since they are mentally uncapable of having sex with the opposite sex. APA used to say that it was a mental disorder but removed it, presumably at the behest of the gay lobby. Now since the APA says that homosexuality is not a genetic or mental disorder then what is it? My only conclusion is then, it's a lifestyle choice.
Great. Now show some credentials if you want to be taken seriously. I prefer to put my faith in the opinions of educated people who study human behavior for a living.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It'll be bi-sexuality that opens the door for polygamy.

Once it is permitted for homosexuals to marry, there is no possible argument one could construct to deny bi-sexuals the right to marry a person of the same gender and one of the opposite.

Once bi-sexuals are allowed to marry then no one would be able to present a cogent argument to deny polygamy.

And then it snowballs from there.
Okay, let me see if I have this straight.

One Bi-sexual or homosexual marrying one other Bi-sexual or homosexual, equals opening a Pandora's Box of polygamy?

I'm sorry. But exactly how does that work, again?

Did one hetrosexual marrying one other hetrosexual open the box to polygamy?

Going by your logic, it should have. Because by your logic, one plus one equals one plus infinity. So that should have worked the same way for Hetrosexuals. Oddly, it did not.

In fact, the argument against Polygamy was always the high and inevitable incestual/genetic ramifications.

But Bi-sexuality will lead to the very same incestual/genetic ramifications.

So what's changed?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 PM

I will say this, though.

When you consider how badly hetrosexuals have trashed and dishonored the commitment of marriage, which they always vow under the watchful eye and "approval" of God; I find it unusual and odd that it's always the religious right that so angrily opposes homosexual marriages. laughable, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies