Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,080 times

Advertisements

Typical dishonest thread started by wingers here at CD.

McDonald's is denying your story. Yet those too lazy to read continue to discuss the matter as if it's true..

This story is wrong. The new law provides significant flexibility to maintain coverage for workers. Additionally, this story is premature as guidance on the new medical loss ratio rules has not even been issued,” Jessica Santillo, a Health and Human Services spokesperson, told FOX News.

In a statement released to reporters, Steve Russell, senior vice president and chief people officer at McDonald’s, said, “Media reports stating that we plan to drop health care coverage for our employees are completely false. These reports are purely speculative, misleading and intended to garner attention.”

You got that? Your story is MISLEADING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,918,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Under ObamaCare, yes, that's the general idea. But when the government pays the bills it calls the shots and that's a bad thing.
Actually, that came in under Reagan

Old 09-30-2010, 02:28 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I don't have a problem with keeping part timers in entry level positions not getting benefits. Society needs these kinds of jobs, the non career jobs, the after school jobs, the teenagers and second income jobs, etc. and it's stupid to suggest otherwise. It's not the companies business or problem if it's "the ony job someone can get in this economy". Employers are not welfare programs for heavens sake.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
Businesses should get out of the insurance business. My husband and I are covered on the plan they have at his work but my husband hates it. Each year they come up with a different kind of plan and he needs to decide what one he wants to go with.

We would be much happier if we could shop our own insurance on the free market. then we could get what we want for our needs. Why businesses got into offering insurance is beyond me and they should figure out a way to stop it.

I know Obama wants government to take it over but they will do a horrible job of it as they always do in other programs. Let the people pick their own insurance and let the insurance companies compete for our business.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:56 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,525,442 times
Even though McDonald's has categorically denied that story, this thread just goes on and on and on. The Obamaphobes just aren't interested in the truth, are they?

So...let's try a different argument.

Say it's so; say McDonalds really will drop health care coverage for 30,000 of it's employees. That would be 30,000 employees out of HALF A MILLION IN THE US ALONE!

In other words, those 470,000 McDonald's workers who don't currently have health care would find it available under the health care reform act. Yes, 30,000 might lose the plan they have now, but they would not have no insurance at all. It would just be a different plan.

I fail to see how forcing those 470,000 employees to remain without a health care plan to maintain the plan those 30,000 have would be good thing.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,700 times
How is it that a thread in which the OP was debunked in the second post then goes on for 5 more pages?

Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We would be much happier if we could shop our own insurance on the free market. then we could get what we want for our needs.

I know Obama wants government to take it over but they will do a horrible job of it as they always do in other programs.
I agree with you 100%.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
How is it that a thread in which the OP was debunked in the second post then goes on for 5 more pages?
Because the topic is still hot.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I agree with you 100%.
Of course you do.

That's why Europe pays 60% of what the USA does on healthcare and provides coverage for all.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...from-the-pack/

Their healthcare systems are also rated higher by the World Health Organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHO%27s...h_care_systems

And their unemployment rates are lower.

List of countries by unemployment rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Happier to you means spending more on health care to receive an inferior product while at the same time having higher rates of joblessness.....LOL

Old 09-30-2010, 03:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Oh yeah, McDonalds is the bad guy here. What will you say when other large and small employers declare the fine for not maintaining their plans as enough less than maintaining their present plans? Will that be the bad guys being the employers or maybe the Congress that failed to read the Andy Stern bill to see what was in it? I say the latter, for sure.

When health care premiums rise a low of 12% in the next year I don' think many employers are going to be able to keep up. Oh well, when those whose employers manage to keep paying for them start paying income taxes on the money spent by the employers maybe the government can keep us afloat.
This is what Americans wanted. The country had the opportunity to go to a single payer system which would have eliminated employer based health insurance. But so many Americans screamed, shouted and protested the government was "Taking over health care" this what you got.

No employer is under any obligation to give you health insurance. It's BENEFIT not a RIGHT.

Don't complain about the results. Health cost are rising and in this economy even without health care reforms you would see corporations looking for a reason to bail on health care cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies