Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Now this is devastating. 40% of obama supporters, those that voted for him, campaigned for him, knocked on doors for him....have had it.

Obama Loses Support in Poll as Joblessness Prompts Growing U.S. Discontent - Bloomberg

Quote:
More than 4 of 10 likely voters who say they once considered themselves Obama backers now are either less supportive or say they no longer support him at all, according to a Bloomberg National Poll conducted Oct. 7-10.

Likely voters are more apt to say Obama’s policies have harmed rather than helped the economy. Among those who say they are most enthusiastic about voting this year, 6 of 10 say the Democrat has damaged the economy.
They are finally waking up to the mistake they made in 2008.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...pping-him.html

Quote:
In fact, almost two out of three Americans believe the country is on the wrong track under President Obama.

Which is not typically how congressional leaders like Democrats Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi would like the country to feel after 46 months of their Capitol Hill reign of error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 02:15 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,470,185 times
That's good, but it should be 10 out of 10 now see the light and fight to undo their mistakes.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Give them time. About 30% we can assume are deadenders - they will always support him, no matter what.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Good to see people are seeing the true Obama. I agree with above poster, it should be 10 out of 10.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
So good to hear people are finally realizing their mistake in voting for Obama. Agreed that it should be 10 out of 10.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Conservatives assume that that less support for Obama is more support for conservatives.
America is a negative oriented society...it's not what they are for, but what they are against.
The people of this country, regardless of who they vote for, are gullible chumps and easy to convince. 8 years of "W" is proof of that. Of course, you people think that only those who voted Obama into the Presidency are fools. But keep telling yourself that!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:33 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Conservatives assume that that less support for Obama is more support for conservatives.
America is a negative oriented society...it's not what they are for, but what they are against.
The people of this country, regardless of who they vote for, are gullible chumps and easy to convince. 8 years of "W" is proof of that. Of course, you people think that only those who voted Obama into the Presidency are fools. But keep telling yourself that!
Actually many of those swing voters in 2008 were fooled.

And they do keep telling themselves that - all the way to the next vote.

And it's not just a move toward conservatism. But you can keep telling yourself that.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Actually many of those swing voters in 2008 were fooled.

And they do keep telling themselves that - all the way to the next vote.

And it's not just a move toward conservatism. But you can keep telling yourself that.
Americans are gullible chumps.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Oh, woe is me! I was so wrong! If only I'd seen the light and voted for McCain/Palin! The unemployment rate would be at 3%, wages would be up, the corporate healthcare giants would have slashed prices and stopped denying coverage, Wall St. would have cleaned up its act, taxes would have ended, roads and infrastructure would have been mysteriously fixed by the free market, all the homosexuals would now be heterosexual, Iraq and Afghanistan would be stable democrocies spreading democracy throughout the Middle East, the world would be at peace, everyone receiving welfare would have got up off their lazy butts and got a job, and evangelical morality would have been restored to our country, and I'd now understand why Glenn Beck is a hero! Oh, how stupid I was!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:47 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Amen to that Obama and the Dems have been too passive and too moderate for me. I'm not angry toward Obama as I understand the dirty ins and outs of politics, especially the way the spoiled brat Republicans have been acting. Only so much could be done with the foot-dragging regressives trying to bring down Obama and the U.S. at every turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies