Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
A recent news report stated that the number of women being murdered by dead-beat-dad to avoid paying or avoiding child support payments is on the increase; and has been increasing steadily each year. The report said many of these dead-beat-dads saw murder as the only out.

Is there a flaw in the system? Is forced child support payments causing more harm than good? Could this turn into uncontrolled murders in U.S. cities, such as in other third world countries? Should Child Support laws be changed or for that matter, abolished altogether? Is it time for this issue to be addressed by congress before it gets worse?

What is your opinion?
There are deadbeat women also.

As a Divorced dad, I obtained custody of my 2 daughters, in the early 90's. I had the same problem many women have, my "X" was late on child support, didn't pay for months on end. I had to take her to court, (at one point she actually accused me of raping her paycheck). She really didn't have to pay all that much, and I finally ended up turning over the collection to Child Support Enforcement. That way she couldn't keep telling the kids their "daddy was being mean to her".

So, I can understand what a lot of women go through, I dealt with it, and more so.

Last edited by Darkatt; 07-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: additional info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is there a flaw in the system? Is forced child support payments causing more harm than good?
It violates the 7th Amendment of the US Constitution:

Quote:
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
"Family Courts" are illegal if they award alimony or child support.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:37 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It violates the 7th Amendment of the US Constitution:

"Family Courts" are illegal if they award alimony or child support.
I believe you are incorrect. If you were accurate in your assumption, it would have been argued and already decided upon by a court. We are not talking about the value of an item, but a responsibility to support a life you helped bring into this world.

There is no item of value being held in controversy, there is however an obligation to be ½ responsible in all matters, financially and personal in the raising of the child.

The child or children, deserves to have both parents in their life/lives. Whether the mom and dad get along or not, they BOTH have an equal obligation to the child or children.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 870 times
I am a dad and I can't even afford to put gas in my truck. And I pay my child support andcant afford groceries for my house and can't afford food when I do get the so tell me how that's right that I'm going to lose my job cause I can't put gas in my truck

Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
That is really interesting, how can a man be forced to pay child support for a child that is not legally his own?

The wonder of the law is that a husband is legally obligated to support a child brought into the marriage, even if the husband is not the father.

Can you say 'cuckold'?

Sometimes the law is an ass.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,687 times
Some situations for example Women who get pregnant unexpectidly for fornicating loves having sex with different men and suddenly they get pregnant uplanned. So they go to the other fornicating party and tells them, and 9 times out of t10 a man does not want to have a child with a woman who they did not intend to marry nor have a child with. So the women retaliates and tells him I cannot have an abortion due to religious reasons, and this is were the drama begins: " HOW THE HELL YOU DONT ACCEPT ABORTION DUE TO RELIGIOUS REASONS AND YET YOU FORNICATE WITH DIFFERENT MEN ON THE WEEKENDS?" Now as you can see this is called selective hearing of religion. Please do not use religion as a defense if your not truly following the word of God that is a disrespect to God himself. Following along women say " I dont need your sorry ass anyways then two weeks later shes puts him on child support". Women put a title on this matter "DEADBEAT", and well their title is "GOVERNMENT RAT because their always looking for that government CHEESE". Having this said anyone with integrity and will to succeed does not need child support. Plus why should a MAN pay a women child support if she can drop of the kids on the weekends and the MAN can spend the money on them himself?

Old 10-09-2011, 08:19 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,521,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Reducing or eliminating child support payments to avoid murder is not the answer.

My FIL paid my MIL a ridiculous amount of money and she makes a lot more than he does, but my FIL gave the money with a giving heart. He loved his kids and still wanted to provide for them. He never even questioned it. Does anyone think of the kids anymore???
Are you implying that if the court ordered one of the parents to pay ten trillion dollars a year in child support payment, then the parent should pay that without question, and not seek to have the amount lowered simply because "it's for the children?" It seems as if you are implying the amount should never be challenged, simply out of kindness.

How you seemingly manage to conflate two entirely separate matters into one paragraph is beyond me. There's (a) what the parent is willing to give to their child, ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT THEY JUSTIFIABLY OWE, purely out of their own generosity. And then there is (b) the matter of what they justifiably owe, as a matter of obligation. The latter absolutely can (and) often should be challenged in court. It's bad law and ethics not to do otherwise (to never challenge). Nothing precludes the parent from them voluntarily giving an amount above and beyond what they owe.

Last edited by FreedomThroughAnarchism; 10-09-2011 at 08:51 PM..

Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,687 times
The Government should deal with drug dealers and terrorist but instead they put their noses everywhere and in anything to make some drama happen. I say stay out of our family problems and there wouldnt be drama. It looks as if the government loves those women because most of their lives couldnt get one.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I would rather the government force child support than have society support the child through welfare. Of course I am sure there are mothers who get child support AND are on various handout programs.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 813 times
Default I totally understand this!

I completely understand why men kill these women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies