Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 02:37 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit View Post
Um, myself and plenty of others have pointed out that, your selection bias aside, Genesis and the Bible as a whole have a horrible track record in regards to scientific accuracy. The plants weren't created before the stars.
"Let there be light" was before creation of plants, and the later mention of stars simply means the stars became visible on earth after the creation of plants. Any scientist would agree that is entirely possible that stars were not always visible due to vapor in the atmosphere. Early earth was probably a very steamy environment.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-16-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 03:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Even the "Big bang" theory postulates that the universe did not exist until the big explosion created it.
Wrong again. The "Big Bang" only tells us how the universe became as it is now. Not how it began.

As usual, you stand as the poster child for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 11-16-2013 at 04:02 PM..

Old 11-16-2013, 03:54 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Lucy is not a fraud, ....
You see ... this is why an honest debate is impossible with you people ... Lucy was most certainly a fraud, with a Dr. Lovejoy ON VIDEO using power tools to grind the pelvis and hip joints to allow Lucy to walk upright.

Furthermore, with nothing at all to go on besides imagination (and the propensity to deceive, as most liberals can't stop themselves) Lucy was given human like feet and facial features by the so called "scientific" modelers to make this appear to be that "missing link".

And this was long ago exposed as a fraud, yet there you are, even now, insisting that it wasn't.

So I will not waste time with the rest of this tripe. When you are willing to be honest, let me know ... then I'll address your points.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"Let there be light" was before creation of plants, and the later mention of stars simply means the stars became visible on earth after the creation of plants.
Too bad that the sun and moon were created even later according to Genesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Any scientist would agree that is entirely possible that stars were not always visible due to vapor in the atmosphere.
Sadly no. No scientist would agree with such an idiotic assertion. Especially since it requires the Bible to be talking about visible light instead of actual stars at a time when (according to the Bible) there was nothing that could have seen the stars yet anyway.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 11-16-2013 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
You see ... this is why an honest debate is impossible with you people ... Lucy was most certainly a fraud, with a Dr. Lovejoy ON VIDEO using power tools to grind the pelvis and hip joints to allow Lucy to walk upright.
Only an individual completely ignorant of anatomy would hallucinate that such a thing was even possible. There are no modifications to a pelvis and hip joint that could be made via grinding that will turn a quadrupedal pelvis into a bipedal one. Further more, bipedality affects the entire skeleton from the foramen magnum to the toes. The entire skeleton is that of a bipedal hominid not just the hip joint.

Lucy was not a fraud. The fossil (along with those of several other members of the same species) is today what it was always represented to be. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

Again.

http://northstatescience.wordpress.c...ction-a-fraud/

Old 11-16-2013, 04:16 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

Furthermore, with nothing at all to go on besides imagination (and the propensity to deceive, as most liberals can't stop themselves) Lucy was given human like feet and facial features by the so called "scientific" modelers to make this appear to be that "missing link".

And this was long ago exposed as a fraud, yet there you are, even now, insisting that it wasn't.

So I will not waste time with the rest of this tripe. When you are willing to be honest, let me know ... then I'll address your points.
It has never been exposed as a fraud...That is just a lie from AIG...One of many.

This is what Dr. Lovejoy did and why he did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QRSuKoBR_U

Old 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It has never been exposed as a fraud...That is just a lie from AIG...One of many.

This is what Dr. Lovejoy did and why he did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QRSuKoBR_U
Note in particular that he never touched the hip joint. The only joint in question was the sacroiliac, and the unmodified hip joint (along with the knees, vertebral column and foramen magnum) all speak unequivocally that the Australopithecines were bipedal.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:48 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

When I am willing to be honest??? You have to be joking, because I'm not the only one laughing at you...

Lucy (Australopithecus afarensis) continues to be a thorn in the side of the creationist paradigm. Creationists go to great lengths to discredit the discovery and its implications, which is not a problem as far as it goes, but the total lack of any kind of intellectual honesty used in doing so just emphasizes how much of a scientific and philosophical corner these people are backed into.

Creationist arguments have to be made by pimping the scientific data for the creationist cause: misquoting exports, cherry-picking information, ignoring information that doesn’t fit, using out-of-date information, and frequently just making stuff up! Correcting Creationists Redux…Was Lucy

Old 11-16-2013, 06:24 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Lucy was a chimp.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:41 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I already did. That's why I brought it up. How did the author of Genesis know there hd been a time when earth was formless and void, that there were no plants, no animals and no people? How did he know the oceans, continents, atmosphere, plants, fish and other living creatures appeared in the same sequence as what modern day science says?
As I mentioned previously, they didn't get everything wrong. The things mentioned that are correct and not in conflict with natural law are not unexpected. Thus, not supernatural mumbo-jumbo. All the supernatural rambling about angels, miracles, and the dead returning to life - that's supernatural mumbo-jumbo. And the bible is full of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies