Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

you lie! yes it is deductible but how can you say you don't loose a Penney? you get to spend the money and just cause you don't pay tax on it don't mean you didn't spend it and no longer have it.you are right you are not a small business owner and would fail if you tried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you lie! yes it is deductible but how can you say you don't loose a Penney? you get to spend the money and just cause you don't pay tax on it don't mean you didn't spend it and no longer have it.you are right you are not a small business owner and would fail if you tried
Why did you turn my post into a personal attack on my business accumen? Why don't you address the post on it's merits or demerits? I've run my own business and had an accountant do my books. Every dime I paid him is fully deductable.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx;
I've run my own business and had an accountant do my books. Every dime I paid him is fully deductable.

But if you didn't have to pay him extra,wouldn't that be more money for you? It's true they're all deductions but I'd rather have the extra money in my pocket then give it to someone else and do more paperwork.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:33 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Imagine a truck driver/owner operator.

Have a blowout on the road, $400 tire, $200 service call, fill out a form.

Replace a water pump at a truck stop, $700 plus labor, fill out a form.

A tank of 300 gallons of diesel will exceed that $600 easily.

Drive till it hits 1/8 tank, fill it up again, fill out a form.

And you disclose your SS# on each form.

ID theft will necessarily skyrocket.

Folks these things forced on the people are part of what fueled the first revolution.

This is ludicrous and this whole business bill AND health care abomination WILL be scrapped.
wrench409 !!! ... ! Excellent Post !

Yes indeed ... "Ludicrous" is the correct word to describe this absolute oppressive governmental "Stick It To The Small Business Person Nightmare" !

An "Oppressive" and "Excessive' burden upon those good American Citizens whom are attempting to make a successful living and not be penalized by the "Pea Brained" Political Circus" in Yankee Country D.C. !

I can truly understand what my fellow citizens are talking about when they make statements such as "Unbearable" regarding this matter of
never ending nor ceasing regulation and the constant "Screwing" of the very best of whats left of America ... "The Small Business Owners" by this nations acutely clueless "Career Politicians" !!!

It Be One "HELLUVA" mess, that what it be !!!

What America needs is a real " Marshall Matt Dillon" in Yankee town to restore some sanity as well as "Law & Order"!

Good luck to all of us involved in a small business ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar .................................

Old 10-05-2010, 02:56 PM

17,422 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Seriously, the business owners who agree with this new bill are a little insane.

First, it's tucked into the Health Care bill. I love how the HC bill just keeps on making me sicker and sicker. Sort of ironic actually.

Second, why do legislators treat the economic steam engine of the heart of this country (small business owners) as some sort of never ending piggy bank that needs to be smashed open regularly to scrape even more cash for their greedy little piggy hands?

All this red tape is insane. And seriously, WTF is the IRS going to do with 1 bazillion 1099s made out to Office Depot and AT&T? Can you just imagine the paperwork clusterfluck that this is going to create?

Why is the answer always tax more? Why why why why why???

Old 10-05-2010, 03:07 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Seriously, the business owners who agree with this new bill are a little insane.

First, it's tucked into the Health Care bill. I love how the HC bill just keeps on making me sicker and sicker. Sort of ironic actually.

Second, why do legislators treat the economic steam engine of the heart of this country (small business owners) as some sort of never ending piggy bank that needs to be smashed open regularly to scrape even more cash for their greedy little piggy hands?

All this red tape is insane. And seriously, WTF is the IRS going to do with 1 bazillion 1099s made out to Office Depot and AT&T? Can you just imagine the paperwork clusterfluck that this is going to create?

Why is the answer always tax more? Why why why why why???
This isn't a tax. It's a modification of an existing regulation that small businesses are already required to comply with for certain types of transactions.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Bascailly it comes from too mnay avoid payig taxes on income from what I have seen.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Besides the Healthcare bill changes to 1099's the Small Business bill also had changes to 1099's.

Here's a summary of both and when they kick in:
1099-MISC - Reporting Payments for Goods and Services using Form 1099-MISC

$600 or more per year is paid for
  • cash payments to fishermen
  • crop insurance proceeds,
  • medical and health care payments,
  • prizes and awards,
  • proceeds paid to attorneys,
  • rents,
  • services (including parts and materials), and
  • other types of payments not covered by another information reporting document.
$10 or more per year is paid for
  • broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest, and
  • royalties
Starting with the year 2011, individuals who own rental property will need to issue a 1099-MISC for payments relating to their rental properties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies