Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Christie did not LOSE $400million. The money was never IN NJ to begin with. I suppose if you forgot to play the lottery you "lost" the jackpot to someone else?
If you never pick up your paycheck then you LOSE your paycheck. Get a clue, willya??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 10:57 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
You know Christie is on the right track if he has the panties of the leftist whiners crying all over the blogs.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You know Christie is on the right track if he has the panties of the leftist whiners crying all over the blogs.
Precisely.

He has called out the unions, the teachers' union specifically, and his own party. I love that he is willing to call it as he sees it sans the potential reprecussion on his career. He not only talks the talk but walks the walk. Sure wish my state Governor did the same.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I didn't realize you were a construction contractor, I'll try to use smaller words to help you out.
I'm not a construction contractor, I never said "construction". I am an HR consultant contractor. I don't need you to use smaller words, I just need you to spell properly and use correct English; this seems to be a challenge for you, though.

Quote:
Cristie's
Who's she? I thought we were talking about Christie??? Oh, wait, let me guess - you spelled his name wrong AGAIN despite my kind attempt to educate you earlier. Well, I can't say I'm surprised that you'd screw something like that up...

Quote:
approval rating in the great corrupt state of NJ is higher than most liberal politicians around the country, especially Obama. Christie is doing what he was elected by the people of NJ to do, sure a lot of people like you won't like it because it hurts but at least someone has the brains to see you can't spend money you don't have. Now if you want to keep spending money you don't have maybe you should move to California. His approval rating continues to rise so the people of your state like what he's doing, not all of them seem to be as ignorant as you are. Once he's done the state will be in a better position and you can elect someone else but until then you're stuck with him so deal with it.
His approval rate doesn't "rise", it is sinking. By the time he's done our state's homeowners will have lost value in our homes and will continue to have outrageously high property taxes, as he is trying to push off everything from the state onto the local municipalities. All he does is blame and point his finger. He's not popular in NJ and he's a big fat blowhard.

And you have no place to talk about NJ, you know nothing - not a damn thing - about this state. You should be more worried about your hillbilly state and the corruption that's right under your nose.

Quote:
On a side note, I don't live anywhere near the US armpit of NJ so the taxes you pay don't do anything for me but I wouldn't expect you to have a grasp on that kind of economic reasoning anyway... just keep swinging that hammer buddy, I'm sure someone else will build a tunnel you can make a few bucks on.
You don't have to live near NJ, the fact is that the money we pay to the Federal government is redistributed to hillbillies in red states like yours. I don't expect you to understand that, it's clear you're ignorant about how things work anyway.

As for the tunnel, nobody will build it, and the state is giving up $6 billion to save a couple billion, but he IS issuing bonds for $2 billion to widen roads that don't need widening. This is the kind of stupid f'ing moron that stupid f'ing morons like you are in love with.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Precisely.

He has called out the unions, the teachers' union specifically, and his own party. I love that he is willing to call it as he sees it sans the potential reprecussion on his career. He not only talks the talk but walks the walk. Sure wish my state Governor did the same.
He didn't call out (and isn't calling out) any unions OTHER than the teacher's union. He backed off the police and fire unions. He's just posturing and the teacher's union was the easiest target. He sure as heck isn't getting involved with the Longshoremen who stopped working down in Camden.

But what would you or any othere non-New Jerseyan know about any of that??? The National Republican party needs a hero and the best they can do is an obese liar that people know little about who they can lie about.

As I said earlier, if you like him, you can keep him, but you have to feed him and clean up his poop.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:12 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
The tolerance of the left never ceases to amaze me. Who cares how much the guy weighs or what he eats? Who cares if someone made a typo. Only an ingoramus incapable of forming a cohesive argument would feel the need to lecture about proper spelling and typing.

Christie is awesome and I wish that he was the governor of Illinois, an equally corrupt state. Sure, cuts will hurt temporarily until people adjust to the fact that you can't continue to spend money you just. don't. have. You should be THANKING Christie for caring enough to make these difficult decisions on your ungrateful behalf.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Don't say "cream" around this obese governor, he's likely to bite your finger off. He is an obese man who is ruled by his belly and viscera. He is a wannabe bully and can't govern.

Only 8 months in he has lost $400 million for our state and is poised to give up BILLIONS more. It's put up or shut up time for him, already. He is very unpopular in NJ already, even though it's supposed to be the "honeymoon" period. If another election were held anytime from tomorrow on he'd lose.

If you love him, you can keep him in MO. But you have to feed him. A lot. he'll like MO - he'll be like, "Show me where to get BBQ, show me where to get ice cream, show me the all-I-can-eat buffet, show me all the food places so I can stuff my fat gullet, and as payment I will tickle your ears with all the things you teabaggers love to hear."

How can you lose it if you never got it in the first place?
If you have to rely on the Federal dole to run your state, your not doing a very good job as a State elected official.

Why give the Federal Government more control over what States can and can't do? No State should be beholding to the Federal Government. NONE!
They are their own Sovereign Nations, with common ground, not a mommy and certainly not a bank.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you have to rely on the Federal dole to run your state, your not doing a very good job as a State elected official.
These are the same fools who consider the elimination of a tax cut a "handout". How you can hand something out that you never had?

Overall I'm proud of NJ, things are actually starting to look up and any politician who angers the leftist like their new governor does is good in my book.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
As I said earlier, if you like him, you can keep him, but you have to feed him and clean up his poop.
Welcome to logic 101 with Liberals, we can't keep him because he's not our governor... he's YOUR governor because the people of your state elected him, it's not our fault you can't see that what he's doing might be tough but it's what needs to be done.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Because it is OWED to us. Like a paycheck. When you work and then your employer doesn't give you a paycheck, you LOSE that paycheck. Now, if you lose it because you forget to cash the check and it expires, then you LOST that money. The $400 Million was owed to us, it was there for the taking, it was our money to begin with (as much Fed. money is).

Quote:
We have to take what we can get BACK from the Fed. government because Red State Republicans who have dominated Congress have the nation set up so that all the money New Jersey pays in Federal taxes gets redistributed to to their poor, ignorant, backwards states, like those in the South.

NJ is OWED so much money from the Fed gov't that whenever we can get some BACK it helps even things out. Our other governors recognized this and didn't miss out on such opportunities. This Fat Tub O'Lard thinks it's all "Obama's money" and doesn't want it because of that reason. He is a freaking Retard and a fat Tub of crap who cares nothing about NJ.

Quote:
Why give the Federal Government more control over what States can and can't do? No State should be beholding to the Federal Government. NONE!
They are their own Sovereign Nations, with common ground, not a mommy and certainly not a bank.
Who's giving the Federal gov't control? I'm talking about taking money BACK from them. And just so you know, the United States of America is a sovereign nation; every state in that UNION is subject to the UNION. That's something that can't seem to get through the thick ignorant skulls of southern anti-American rebels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies