Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
She meant that the three or four women in question who were reveling in their celebrity status and were exploiting their husbands deaths to make anti-Bush political statements. Their celebrity status would not have been possible without their husbands’ deaths so it certainly appears they were enjoying their husbands’ deaths (or at least making the most out of it as they could).
I bought that book where she is quoted as saying that. It was one sentence and that is all the media reported on. She spent three chapters systematically debunking Darwinism but that didn't get any play in the media. The liberal media picks and chooses what they want people to know. Reporting is dead in this country. Hopefully bloggers will do the work that journalists used to do in this country.
However, SHE said "enjoying" their husband's deaths. She used that word. As a writer, she knows that words matter.

What credentials does that bozo have to "debunk" Darwinism? Zero. Why should anyone report on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 08:58 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Do you know when Ann Coulter made these statements? TY.
What difference does it WHEN she said it? Whether she said it yesterday or 10 years ago, it's still ridiculous.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
I thought liberals were for the education of women. Given their reaction to Coulter's message it would seem not. It would seem liberal women think women should actually be financially and economically illiterate. Weird.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I thought liberals were for the education of women. Given their reaction to Coulter's message it would seem not. It would seem liberal women think women should actually be financially and economically illiterate. Weird.
?????

Not one "liberal" is agreeing with Ms. Coulter.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
How do you get that out of the replies here? Most of the disagreement I've seen is with what she says about how women ARE 'financially and economically illiterate". Because I don't see most women that way at all. And I know that I am not - who do you think handled all of the finances in my marriage?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
?????

Not one "liberal" is agreeing with Ms. Coulter.
Exactly. Ann Coulter is pointing out the financial illiteracy of a significant portion of female voters and encouraging them to educate themselves. SHe emphasizes that an uneducated female voter does more harm than a woman who doesn't vote at all. Yet, the liberals posting in this thread seem to disagree therefore wanting women to remain uneducated in their votes.

Again, you don't get her sarcasm and the message behind it. Odd how the self-proclaimed intellectually elite always need to be spoon-fed. I guess they are blinded by their manufactured outrage.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I wonder if she would turn in her own voting rights.
If she didn't, that would make her a hypocrite, wouldn't it?

And then nobody would have a reason to listen to her any more!

Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Biological differences between the sexes result in many other differences. Females are the natural nurturers. Their function, since the evolution of mammals, has dealt primarily with the care of young, the propogation of the species. The human female is no different. her function, the care of the young, has always affected her other activities, from gathering roots and berries in primitive societies to gardening and raising orphaned animals in today's society.

These are wonderful traits; the world would be a far different place if women didn't possess them. but these traits do not furnish the qualifications for governing. The Eighteenth Amendment didn't work; but women overwhelmingly supported it. Even the most intelligent women can be gullible. The most intellectual women realize this; they have never supported women's suffrage. This does not mean women are inferior; it means that they are different. No man could ever be a good mother.

Not all women fit the standard example. Therefore, women should be eligible to run for any office. But as a group they just can't make the right voting decisions. They are different; let us rejoice and celebrate the difference. Women make second-rate men just as men make second-rate women.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
She meant that the three or four women in question who were reveling in their celebrity status and were exploiting their husbands deaths to make anti-Bush political statements. Their celebrity status would not have been possible without their husbands’ deaths so it certainly appears they were enjoying their husbands’ deaths (or at least making the most out of it as they could).
Quite frankly, that sounds like a steaming pile of crap in defense of a petty, pissy, whining little beeyitch.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Ann Coulter is pointing out the financial illiteracy of a significant portion of female voters and encouraging them to educate themselves. SHe emphasizes that an uneducated female voter does more harm than a woman who doesn't vote at all. Yet, the liberals posting in this thread seem to disagree therefore wanting women to remain uneducated in their votes.

Again, you don't get her sarcasm and the message behind it. Odd how the self-proclaimed intellectually elite always need to be spoon-fed. I guess they are blinded by their manufactured outrage.
I would point out the financial illiteracy of a significant portion of MALE votes as well, and encourage them to educate themselves. As a health professional, I am shocked at what folderol many, including men, believe about health care and health care financing.

I would emphsize that an eneducated MALE voter does more harm than a man who doesn't vote at all.

Maybe we "liberals" feel that both sexes need some serious education.

I don't think Ann is being sarcastic, or if she is, I think she still means what she says. She thinks she is above other women b/c she is so "educated". LOL!

ETA: Since you quoted me, I'll ask: since when did I say I was a self-proclaimed intellectually elite?

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 10-07-2010 at 10:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies