Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 04:07 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,515,669 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone want to change the words and distort the meaning of that beautiful song I have no idea.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:15 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,865,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't really care, as long as the couple are decent to each other, and other people. We make too much out of all this stuff in this society. I don't care the reason why someone is Gay, i have many Gay friends, does not bother me the reasoning behind them being gay. When you accept someone in life, you accept that person for who they are, good bad, or indifferent. Enjoy life to the fullest, because friends, life is short.
Indeed!
I am standing in the kitchen, cooking dinner at the moment, dont like to type standing up, lol
I hope y'all are around in a couple hours, I have questions, and I couple of hypotheses to throw out here, if any one would care to debate them.....if not, have a great Friday evening!

Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,954,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Why would anyone want to change the words and distort the meaning of that beautiful song I have no idea.
Yeah, I know.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,019,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I believe you can have the propensity for it but acting on it is choice.

You can have the proclivity to overeat and gain weight easily but to gain the weight you have to overeat first. Or not. YOu can choose to control your weight and what you eat and put into your mouth.

But if you are not a person of faith and you don't believe in the Bible as the word of God and you don't care that it is a sin then that is the difference.

Christians believe it is a sin and you can choose not to engage in this activity. Just as people with hot tempers may have been born with the tendency to respond in a negative way, or someone who likes to gossip, or engage in sex outside of marriage. YOu may be born with this tendency and you have to fight it. Or give into it. Or say you were born that way.
If you are "born with this tendency" then you were born that way!

Those urges are what makes a person gay, not whether they choose to act upon them. A gay person has urges for the same sex, a straight person has urges for the opposite sex.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,739,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Rather than worry about gay people who say these things, enjoy it: Tell them they were born straight and this is a lifestyle choice they consciously made because they're too sissy to be men or too masculine to be anything less than hairy women.

You and I both know it's not true; hell, I think some people are born gay and some people choose.
I do tend to agree about some confusion between gay by birth and gay by choice (or bisexuals). The problem is that none of us are living in their skin to know with any amount of certainty. Free choice and free will are established as paramount both in framework of Constitution and Bible. For that reason I believe it's our job to simply leave them to figure it out for themselves without bias steering in one direction or another. The harassment from hetero's is out of line.

Whatever issues you were referring to isn't necessarily internal. Additionally if mentally ill people decide to experiment with gay lifestyles that doesn't make them gay. Parallel example- an inordinate amount of homeless people are veterans of armed service but that should not become the overarching definition of armed service personnel. People allow subcategories to subsume the larger header definitions. They fixate on a tree and convince themselves they comprehend the forest enough to not bother acquiring more information.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,739,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
If you are "born with this tendency" then you were born that way!

Those urges are what makes a person gay, not whether they choose to act upon them. A gay person has urges for the same sex, a straight person has urges for the opposite sex.
How is society at large supposed to discern the difference between someone who was genuinely born that way and someone exercising no self discipline?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,360,857 times
Are babies sexual now? I was under the impression that didn't occur until around puberty.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,303,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Are babies sexual now? I was under the impression that didn't occur until around puberty.
Not according to Gayology

Old 10-08-2010, 05:00 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,019,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
How is society at large supposed to discern the difference between someone who was genuinely born that way and someone exercising no self discipline?
What?

If you need to exercise discipline to not have 'same sex relations', then you were probably born gay. Straight people don't have gay urges.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:48 PM

387 posts, read 531,425 times
I was just thinking about that. Straight people do not have gay urges. That makes so much sense. It is so simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
What?

If you need to exercise discipline to not have 'same sex relations', then you were probably born gay. Straight people don't have gay urges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies