Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Who do you think OWNS you?
1. Saudi
2. China
3. Israel
Right on !!

Sad thing is it gets worse every day. Never thought anybody would stoop to borrowing money from Communist China while sinking our country deeper into debt. Thanks George W. Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Right on !!

Sad thing is it gets worse every day. Never thought anybody would stoop to borrowing money from Communist China while sinking our country deeper into debt. Thanks George W. Bush.
Apparently you've already forgotten Clinton's substantial contributions to China's involvement in US finances.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Apparently you've already forgotten Clinton's substantial contributions to China's involvement in US finances.
George W. Bush started the borrowing from Communist Chinese banks. He assumed a national debt of $5.7 trillion, cut taxes twice using reconciliation to block Democrat filibuster and proceeded to double it.

Reagan and the Bushes cut taxes then borrowed 80% of all the debt this great republic had accumulated across 232 years. What an honor!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
George W. Bush started the borrowing from Communist Chinese banks. He assumed a national debt of $5.7 trillion, cut taxes twice using reconciliation to block Democrat filibuster and proceeded to double it.

Reagan and the Bushes cut taxes then borrowed 80% of all the debt this great republic had accumulated across 232 years. What an honor!
Clinton's giving China permanent most favored nation status as well as his pushing through NAFTA/GATT are what set the ball rolling in the first place.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Nobody uttered a peep when China contributed to Clinton's re-election campaign in 1996. Nor did anyone seem to notice Clinton lifting the ban on technology exports to China shortly thereafter and removal of the annual trade review in 2000. Everyone was silent in the late 90s as China moved quickly up the list of foreign owners of US debt.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Nobody uttered a peep when China contributed to Clinton's re-election campaign in 1996. Nor did anyone seem to notice Clinton lifting the ban on technology exports to China shortly thereafter and removal of the annual trade review in 2000. Everyone was silent in the late 90s as China moved quickly up the list of foreign owners of US debt.

Prove It!! Nobody else could.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Right on !!

So you are without sin? You've never purchased or consumed a single item made in China?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So you are without sin? You've never purchased or consumed a single item made in China?
I'm guilty.

I'm 76 years old and I've never owned a car which didn't have an American emblem on it. I've never owned a house that wasn't built by American workers. I've never had any maintenance performed on my property except what was done by Americans. How do you stack up on that?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Since the supreme court of the United States ruled that corporations have the same right as individual Americans to contribute to political campaigns tens of millions of dollars are showing up in the coffers of the Republican candidates which is impossible to trace. Big oil and Big Republican interests run hand in glove.
Would this be kind of like all the money that came from foreign contributors to Obama in 2008 but they didn't have to indicate who it came from. As I recall, the Dems were bragging back then about all the small contributors from foreign nations that were coming in. Is this not a grand part of the double standard?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
I'm guilty.

I'm 76 years old and I've never owned a car which didn't have an American emblem on it. I've never owned a house that wasn't built by American workers. I've never had any maintenance performed on my property except what was done by Americans. How do you stack up on that?
I am a bit older than you are (77) and I have as pure a track record as you do on the things you mentioned. However, my wife does like to trade at Walmart so we do buy many things that are made in China, other than foodstuffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies