Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Why wasn't the device destroyed or hidden by the person who found it? What? What GPS device?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 08:12 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Every Muslim in this country is a potential threat. I DO NOT want another internment camp like what happened to Japanese Americans during WW2 but I do want the threats investigated by our law enforcement agencies.
I have a particular distaste of Islam, and I find knowledgeable Muslims to be rather duplicitous regarding their socio-political agenda which they keep cloaked from the outside world.

However ... we cannot allow our rights to be destroyed, and the continuing federal police state, East German style "Stazi" tactics to become "acceptable" for "them" ... because this is precisely the agenda of the police state. Those "Muslims" are just the foot in the door to establish the precedents for employing these type of tactics across the board.

After 911, the nations airports became the trial grounds for just how much the American people would be willing to "accept" insofar as invasion of privacy, and now they no longer are satisfied with having you strip down to nothing but cotton and bare feet to pass security ... no, no, no ... now they want to completely disrobe you with their naked body scanners, which also irradiate you.

Nobody seemed to notice the ridiculous nature of these tactics of stripping Grandmas of their knitting needles in order to ensure the "safety" of air travel. It's the same type of situation when a 8 year old is placed on a security watch list ( or expelling him from school because of a little plastic GI Joe gun in his pocket). These things a psychological warfare against the people ... conditioning us for accepting insanity as normal.

WAKE UP.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I don't see any search at all. They could put one on my car anytime they like. In fact having them preinstalled so as to instantly be able to is fine with me.To me its is nothing different than folow someone who is a suspect which isn't illegal.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He had been identified as a potential threat. The FBI investigated and found it to be unsubstantiated. Good job FBI.

Aside from the Constitutional issues, what a bunch of morons!

They can't hide the thing well enough to get it past the Spiffy-Lube folks?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Apparently - according to the article you linked to - this is legal.
Oh, yes. Tracking someone is legal. It can be done cheaply too. Get a pre-paid cell phone and connect a motion detector sensor to the battery -- that way it will last a month instead of just a couple of days. There are tons of GPS programs out there that will send the phone's location to a web site that you can monitor. You can even monitor the web site with another phone and track the person as you follow in your car in real time. It is very easy and very effective. Amazingly the phone can get the GPS signal even when attached under the car. So, why is it that my sat dish goes out when there's cloudy weather and it's 3rd and goal?

Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
I would have just taken the device and put it on another vehicle- maybe a city bus or something!

Old 10-08-2010, 10:25 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Actually it is not just the government that can use these things. Private security and corporations are using them too. They have become a hit with some repo people too- let's say your car is in your driveway when the repo man comes and he cannot get it because there is another car behind it so he just slaps a GPS on it and tracks it to where you go and he can get it like in a mall parking lot. Private investigators are also using them in divorce cases or to follow Workers Comp claimants in hopes of video taping them being "not so injured" after all. They sure beat hours of stakeout work!

Old 10-08-2010, 11:03 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
People dont care unless it happens to them What they fail to get is it very well could be them next.

People gave up their privacy.What do people give up next speech, guns?
A certain part of the population with *always* think this. Right up until its them then scream bloody murder (if they can). These are the people who are the ones who allow rights to be taken away.

This one is onerous. It's way too easy to do and lets technology do the work. If they want to follow someone, let them have to find the personal and the time and the dollars to do it, so they have to really think about if they need to.

Too easy usually turns into "just in case".

Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I have a particular distaste of Islam, and I find knowledgeable Muslims to be rather duplicitous regarding their socio-political agenda which they keep cloaked from the outside world.

However ... we cannot allow our rights to be destroyed, and the continuing federal police state, East German style "Stazi" tactics to become "acceptable" for "them" ... because this is precisely the agenda of the police state. Those "Muslims" are just the foot in the door to establish the precedents for employing these type of tactics across the board.

After 911, the nations airports became the trial grounds for just how much the American people would be willing to "accept" insofar as invasion of privacy, and now they no longer are satisfied with having you strip down to nothing but cotton and bare feet to pass security ... no, no, no ... now they want to completely disrobe you with their naked body scanners, which also irradiate you.

Nobody seemed to notice the ridiculous nature of these tactics of stripping Grandmas of their knitting needles in order to ensure the "safety" of air travel. It's the same type of situation when a 8 year old is placed on a security watch list ( or expelling him from school because of a little plastic GI Joe gun in his pocket). These things a psychological warfare against the people ... conditioning us for accepting insanity as normal.

WAKE UP.
This is how EVERYTHING starts, just a little "justifyable" security due to the emergency. Oops, its not good enough. Just one more thing. People don't object too much then get used to it until the next things.

Personally I will not ride a plane. I will not go thru all that just to get somewhere quick. I'll take the train and add a few days to the trip and enjoy myself instead.

"Safety" has been the excuse for the control freaks from obsessed parents to dictators with megacontol designs. But how do we become "safe" from the ones who are making it safe for themselves to do as they please?

Ultimately comes the decision, when do we say we are "safe enough"? Problem is there is always *some* risk in life and yet some would like to live in a nice safe box where its all shut outside their fortress.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Every Muslim should be chipped and tracked!
That isnt right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies