Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times

Advertisements

NOW (National Organization of Women)thinks Brown is great even after the Ho statement. Shows their hypocrisy. Why can't anyone say---that was not right but we still support his policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 08:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
NOW (National Organization of Women)thinks Brown is great even after the Ho statement. Shows their hypocrisy. Why can't anyone say---that was not right but we still support his policies.
They will support any misogynist as long as he is pro abortion.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:30 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
It has to be more than that. Whitman is pro-choice.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It has to be more than that. Whitman is pro-choice.
Yep, she is even pro-taxpayer funded abortions. The endorsement on Jerry Brown's website states otherwise. Yet pro-life advocates have routinely taken Whitman to task on her pro-choice/pro-abortion stance.

http://www.lifenews.com/state4863.html
Sacramento, CA (LifeNews.com) -- A California pro-life group is taking on Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, who is blanketing the airwaves with ads calling herself a "Reagan conservative." But the director of the California Pro-Life Council says Whitman doesn't resemble that because she supports taxpayer-funded abortions.
Brian Johnston, the head of the pro-life group, tells LifeNews.com "Meg Whitman is no Ronald Reagan and her candidacy is unacceptable to millions of California Pro-Life voters."
"Whitman's position that there should be no limitations on taxpayer funding of abortion is clear repudiation of Ronald Reagan's commitment to the value of individual human lives," he added.

California NOW Endorses Jerry Brown For Governor, Condemns Meg Whitman
OAKLAND - In recognition of his consistent support for women's equality and reproductive freedom, the PAC for the National Organization for Women's California chapter today announced its strong support for Jerry Brown for Governor and condemned Republican candidate Meg Whitman's treatment of women in the workplace and her failure to support a woman's right to choose.

It would seem that either Jerry Brown or NOW is intentionally mis-representing Whitman's position.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 10-08-2010 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yep, she is even pro-taxpayer funded abortions. The endorsement on Jerry Brown's website states otherwise. Yet pro-life advocates have routinely taken Whitman to task on her pro-choice/pro-abortion stance.

California NOW Endorses Jerry Brown For Governor, Condemns Meg Whitman

OAKLAND - In recognition of his consistent support for women's equality and reproductive freedom, the PAC for the National Organization for Women's California chapter today announced its strong support for Jerry Brown for Governor and condemned Republican candidate Meg Whitman's treatment of women in the workplace and her failure to support a woman's right to choose.
Maybe they need to highlight that. I assumed she was pro life.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Please post proof that Meg Whitman has ever been a prostitute. Link please?
The man wasn't accusing her of being a sexual prostitute, any more than countless politicians have meant a male opponent was born to a dog or mean woman when they used "son of a *****" or meant their opponent's parents were unmarried when he was born by calling him a bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It certainly was a mysogynistic slur, that word would not roll off his tongue in describing a man.
First, it's hard to be misogynistic against men, since it means "hating women". Second, men do call other men whores - particularly politicians. Modern vernacular also has "attention *****", "media *****", "fame *****" and I'm sure others.

Reminds me of a Lou Reed verse: "Does anyone need yet another politician
caught with his pants down and money sticking in his hole?"

Politicians are frequently called whores.

I don't like insulting people that way out in the open, but this Brown flap was a private conversation in someone's office. Does anyone think Whitman's team has never referred to Brown using words like a-hole (in full)?

EDIT: apologies for my frankness if C-D requires bowdlerizing or masking English words even if used in a non-insulting way or attack. But the filters could be improved to catch plurals.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Californians please wake your butts up, Brown, is really making his true ignorant colors come out, i do not want someone like him serving us. What has he done for us, tell me please. Give me a list of all the great things he has done, and what has he done lately.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Even if that remark was by a ignorant Republician, well it wasn't i would feel the same, that is a insult to all of us Women out here. Is this truly how he feels towards women, or those he feels he is in competion with, no matter the reason, there was no reason to say such things, not that.

Sorry People there is not the same standard for both Parties. If this were a Republician that said a remark as Brown had, his head would be on a chopping block and you all know it, why the different standards, it is not fair. I don't care what party you are in wrong is wrong. If that were a republician who said such things, i would also be very upset. And the dang media, just lets it slip, well not if this were a Republician, right is right and wrong is wrong, We need to wake up. Stop making excuses just because of your party, i don't if there is somethig i don't like i do try and change it by email, and letters to those in charge in my State. And there is plenty wrong in my State, and i let them all know it, yeah i get the usual email back from them fools, know they probably did not even read my letters or email, just gives me satisfaction. We the people need to take politics back, by letting politicians in either party know, we will not tolerate any nonesense.

Last edited by california-jewel; 10-08-2010 at 09:25 PM..

Old 10-08-2010, 09:06 PM

I just don't understand the allegedly more enlighten left making excuses for Brown. Maybe they aren't as enlightened as they fancy themselves.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Even if that remark was by a ignorant Republician, well it wasn't i would feel the same, that is a insult to all of us Women out here. Is this truly how he feels towards women, or those he feels he is in competion with, no matter the reason, there was no reason to say such things, not that.
If character is what one does when no one is looking; then, indeed it would seem that is exactly what Jerry Brown thinks about women who are in competition with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies