Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:36 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times

Advertisements

well that was interesting,nothing to add except reps to black and proud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
its ok to talk about whites that way you shoudl know that. Bet the liberals will come to defend this judge
I'm a liberal and this judge was definitely wrong.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Minorities mainly blacks are often viewed as violent, lazy, government entitled while Whites are viewed as lazy, racists elites,
Added lazy. I seen quite a few who are allergic to work.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 PM

64 posts, read 173,243 times
How is this any different than South Carolina's Senatorial Candidate Alvin Greene not being offered first offender pre-trial intervention program even though he is eligible for it? Go cry me a river........

Old 10-09-2010, 01:19 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
The incident stemmed from a Jan. 16 traffic stop in the North Side by Pittsburgh police Officer Paul Abel. After Abel asked McGowan to step out of his car, the officer said he thought McGowan was going to hit him and failed to comply with commands.
He charged McGowan with aggravated assault, terroristic threats, resisting arrest, obstructing the administration of law and improperly turning without a signal. Those charges were withdrawn, and McGowan pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge.
Another race issue arose last week before Williams when Freedom Bey, a black man from Larimer convicted by a jury of first-degree murder, asked for a new trial because the jury was all white.
Williams denied the request, saying that he agreed jurors probably didn't understand Bey's rough upbringing, but that some issues transcend cultural differences.
"Things are not perfect, but some of us manage to get through it without killing people, without dealing drugs, without hurting other people," the judge said last week.
Allegheny County judge: 'White boys' given deals - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

He isn't racist.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:46 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The point being it would attract much more attention had the situation been reversed don't you agree?
You would have heard a ton of screaming!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:51 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He knows the cops would have gone all Rodney King on a black man fighting policemen in western Penn so he used racism to balance the scale, just my take,
Huh? Elaborate.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:18 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Huh? Elaborate.
I think the believes the White kid doesn't know how lucky he already is. You only get to fight back at cops during your arrest if you are white, and not have to stop off at the hospital before jail.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
The kid has no prior record, if it were a black kid, he would probably have had a rap sheet as long as a football field.
now there's a racist assumption.

The only way to determine if the judge was right or wrong in his actions is to look at prior history of similar cases in that county (and possibly surrounding ones) in recent years then compare. Whats the track record for plea deals for this offense?

Has anyone done that much research? Or is it snap judgements because they are easy to make?

I agree the judge could have kept his mouth shut and his reasoning to himself. However depending on wealth and status people often get off with lighter sentances. Look at Hollywood and those idiots that commit crimes.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:34 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
now there's a racist assumption.

The only way to determine if the judge was right or wrong in his actions is to look at prior history of similar cases in that county (and possibly surrounding ones) in recent years then compare. Whats the track record for plea deals for this offense?

Has anyone done that much research? Or is it snap judgements because they are easy to make?

I agree the judge could have kept his mouth shut and his reasoning to himself. However depending on wealth and status people often get off with lighter sentances. Look at Hollywood and those idiots that commit crimes.
Not could have should have. If I were assaulting you and I say nothing it's just assault. If I assault you and say the resaon that I'm assaulting you is because of race, thats a hate crime and prosecuted differently. The judge made a decision based on race, he said as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies