Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,829,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I consider myself moderately conservative--especially on economic issues, and I've started voting democratic. I'm far from the only one. If my only option for voting "conservative" is supporting a candidate on the fringe end of the right wing spectrum, I'm going to find the one nearer the middle. Lots of you go on about radical liberals running the democratic party, but if you look at the legislation they actually propose, it's very centrist. That is, unless you're looking at it from a right wing extremist viewpoint
Sorry, gotta call it on this one. There is NO WAY a true conservative would condone the spending and massive expansion of government the dems and obama have been engaged in. No way.

There is NO WAY a true conservative would support the massive intrusion into citizens lives and HC via obamacare. No way.

Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 PM

37,059 posts, read 42,027,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, gotta call it on this one. There is NO WAY a true conservative would condone the spending and massive expansion of government the dems and obama have been engaged in. No way.

There is NO WAY a true conservative would support the massive intrusion into citizens lives and HC via obamacare. No way.

Try again.
Is this like the "no true Scotsman" argument? I think it all depends on what you consider "conservative". I think I am, but here on CD I'm apparently a flaming liberal.

It's like this, being conservative isn't all about not spending money, it's choosing how to spend it. Even conservatives can disagree on that.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,145,308 times
I bet those 54% also believe that a conservative administration is going to improve things.
54% may describe themselves as conservative, but this nation must have at least 75% gullible American chumps.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:14 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,385,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I bet those 54% also believe that a conservative administration is going to improve things.
54% may describe themselves as conservative, but this nation must have at least 75% gullible American chumps.
Don't you love the way that Obamanistas invariably explain displeasing poll results by insulting the people? It really must be disturbing to be so smart and superior, yet not have the people appreciate all the good decisions you are making for them and all the good things you are doing for them.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,696,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
If 54% say they are conservative then what happened in the last election lol!

I would estimate atleast 20% of those polled don't even know the true meaning of the word!

But hey if it helps in November then great.
the last election? You mean Nov 2008? Well, lets see?
Obama has been in office for 21 months, and has dug us deeper into hell?
maybe thats why more people are self-proclaimed conservatives now... whats the oppostion? Obama, pelosi, Reid? ok, I am a conservative

Old 10-09-2010, 10:44 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,696,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is this like the "no true Scotsman" argument? I think it all depends on what you consider "conservative". I think I am, but here on CD I'm apparently a flaming liberal.

It's like this, being conservative isn't all about not spending money, it's choosing how to spend it. Even conservatives can disagree on that.
you all make good points. in fairness to the original post... he did not say that he was an Obama supporter or that he supports his healthcare plan.
If you want to make a point that "some" of the current dems are moderate-conservatives then ok. The problem is that the moderates do not rule the party, and those few moderates (in most cases) will side with the democratic establishment even to their own demise. I do not feel sorry for the moderate dems who will not speak out against the liberals. They have no one to blame but themselves when they lose in November.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,799,066 times
It's too bad there is no viable Conservative Party any more. We could have used their presence over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, I just don't see it returning any time soon.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 AM

783 posts, read 812,777 times
There is conservatives amongst both republicans and democrats and conservatism is a broad definition.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,054,630 times
I believe "I Hate Obama/Pelosi/Reid's Policies" is as equally as electrifying as "It's The Economy Stupid" going into the midterms. Democrats have really conjured up a Double Whammy, and it ain't pretty.

"I Told You So" will be the quote of the year in a few short weeks.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,799,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I believe "I Hate Obama/Pelosi/Reid's Policies" is as equally as electrifying as "It's The Economy Stupid" going into the midterms. Democrats have really conjured up a Double Whammy, and it ain't pretty.

"I Told You So" will be the quote of the year in a few short weeks.
What I find amazing is that the Repubs no longer even pretend that they have an inclination to work for the American people, yet they seem to have some popular support. If they win a majority this Nov, they will perpetuate the "obstruction plan" to try to win the WH in 2012. At that time, if they win, they will re-embark on the shift all wealth to the top, the truly worthy people, plan. Unfortunately, the "I told you so" statement, as it always is, will be too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies