Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:09 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Pelosi is such a joke and so are all the crooked people in congress. If this had been 2 republicans the democrats would be crying foul so loudly and the liberal news media would have it plastered everywhere. Typical liberal hypocrisy.
For what it's worth... I don't defend this. But really, do you think the Republicans would do anything different? I think there's hypocrisy from the Republicans when I'm sure they'd do the same thing.

In my opinion... from what I've seen over the last couple of years, the bulk of the issues these days come down to can the free market solve everything or is there a place for government? That's the battle taking place now... In my opinion.

My opinion, I don't think government is necessarily bad... I think there is a place for government as opposed to those who think that government is the problem and that's it. I don't want people who want to destroy government running the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
For what it's worth... I don't defend this. But really, do you think the Republicans would do anything different? I think there's hypocrisy from the Republicans when I'm sure they'd do the same thing.

In my opinion... from what I've seen over the last couple of years, the bulk of the issues these days come down to can the free market solve everything or is there a place for government? That's the battle taking place now... In my opinion.

My opinion, I don't think government is necessarily bad... I think there is a place for government as opposed to those who think that government is the problem and that's it. I don't want people who want to destroy government running the government.
You have a POTUS who wants to fundementally transform this Republic to a Social Democracy in direct opposition to the powers enumerated to the federal government by the Constitution. Therefore, there is already a movement underway to destroy government as we know it. Or, did you fail to notice?

Old 10-10-2010, 04:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
No surprise here ';now long has it already been with Rangel?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You have a POTUS who wants to fundementally transform this Republic to a Social Democracy in direct opposition to the powers enumerated to the federal government by the Constitution. Therefore, there is already a movement underway to destroy government as we know it. Or, did you fail to notice?
I see no effort to destroy the government or constitution by the current administration.

And, as far as me failing to notice.... I'd say it's more likely that you're delusional. I have feeling that the conservative right wants to destroy government as we know it... no matter what its effect.

But... if you back Angle, O'Donnell, DeMint, Buck, Joe Miller, Carl Palindino, et al... have at it. I'll oppose you all they way.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
in my opinion they should have held the hearings a few months ago, not waited until after the elections. perhaps they are hoping the rangle and waters lose so the hearings dont have ot go forward?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in my opinion they should have held the hearings a few months ago, not waited until after the elections. perhaps they are hoping the rangle and waters lose so the hearings dont have ot go forward?
I think Rangle's charges have been out there long enough that it should have been entirely possible for them to have had his hearings before the primaries.

The Water's charges were more recent but still hearings for her should have been done prior to November elections, IMO.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I see no effort to destroy the government or constitution by the current administration.

And, as far as me failing to notice.... I'd say it's more likely that you're delusional. I have feeling that the conservative right wants to destroy government as we know it... no matter what its effect.

But... if you back Angle, O'Donnell, DeMint, Buck, Joe Miller, Carl Palindino, et al... have at it. I'll oppose you all they way.
This is taking the thread WAY off topic. However, please point out to me where the government is enumerated in the Constitution to intervene in contracts between private parties and re-write those contracts taking money from private individuals (not corporations) and re-distributing into the hands of unions. Please point out where in the Constitution the government it granted the power to nationalize a private corporation out of an entire industry. For that matter, show me where the government is granted the enumerated powers in the Constitution to nationalize and entire industry....don't try to hide behind Article 1, Sec. 8 either. Show me where in the Constitution the federal government is enumerated the power to force the people to purchase a product or face penalty by a branch of the government that holds the power to take away all other private property owned for non-compliance.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This is taking the thread WAY off topic. However, please point out to me where the government is enumerated in the Constitution to intervene in contracts between private parties and re-write those contracts taking money from private individuals (not corporations) and re-distributing into the hands of unions. Please point out where in the Constitution the government it granted the power to nationalize a private corporation out of an entire industry. For that matter, show me where the government is granted the enumerated powers in the Constitution to nationalize and entire industry....don't try to hide behind Article 1, Sec. 8 either. Show me where in the Constitution the federal government is enumerated the power to force the people to purchase a product or face penalty by a branch of the government that holds the power to take away all other private property owned for non-compliance.
Show me a court ruling against the auto industry bail out. Last I heard, it's been working out pretty well for everyone. If it went against the constitution I think there'd be a ruling against it by now.

As far as the health care bill... the last I heard was a federal judge in Michigan approving it.

Obama Gets Shot in Arm as Court Upholds US Healthcare Law | MAARS News

Are you lawyer? A constitutional lawyer?

Old 10-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Show me a court ruling against the auto industry bail out. Last I heard, it's been working out pretty well for everyone. If it went against the constitution I think there'd be a ruling against it by now.

As far as the health care bill... the last I heard was a federal judge in Michigan approving it.

Obama Gets Shot in Arm as Court Upholds US Healthcare Law | MAARS News

Are you lawyer? A constitutional lawyer?
Nope, just a taxpaying voter-citizen. By the way, the 20 states do have the right to continue their lawsuit against the federal government in regard to Obamacare, per a FL federal judge.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Default Rangel loses lead defense attorney in ethics case

Charles Rangel loses ethics lawyer - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

Charles Rangel loses ethics lawyer

Rep. Charles Rangel has publicly stated that he has spent “close to $2 million” to cover his legal bills. | AP Photo Close

By JOHN BRESNAHAN | 10/15/10 2:15 PM EDT Updated: 10/15/10 3:46 PM EDT
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), who faces an ethics trial next month, has parted ways with his lead defense attorneys in the case, according to several sources familiar with the matter.
It is unclear what, if any, impact this will have on the Rangel trial, which is scheduled to begin Nov. 15. It is also not clear whether Rangel decided to get rid of his attorneys or if they left of their own volition

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies