Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times

Advertisements

uhmm.. I thought the Tea Party and Republican election gains were to come in and clean up this mess ? still nothing from them ? . the clock is ticking on their promises too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 07:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
12 straight weekends of, uh, uh golf.....

Well, he'll get on that economy and jobs issue someday.....

Some say O has an issue with 'disconnect'.

Not true....he never connected in the first place.
Have you ever been the manager of more than 10 people? Have you ever been the CEO of a massive corporations?

If not, then you have no idea how business is done.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
I'm sure if Obama didn't golf, that would magically improve the economy.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Have you ever been the manager of more than 10 people? Have you ever been the CEO of a massive corporations?

If not, then you have no idea how business is done.
No, I only have 14 people here to manage......

CEO? Nah, I don't know ins and outs of insider trade raiding (aka stealing legally).

Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
uhmm.. I thought the Tea Party and Republican election gains were to come in and clean up this mess ? still nothing from them ? . the clock is ticking on their promises too
Yeah. Where are all the jobs they promised again?

Old 06-18-2011, 07:51 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm sure if Obama didn't golf, that would magically improve the economy.
Not saying that at all.

His golfing just gives the impression to the public that he really isn't focused on their most immediate issues - mainly jobs, economy, home losses.

No matter what the reality of the golf / meeting is, it's what the public perceives that sticks.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Isn't today the day for the Obama / Boehner golf summit?

REPUBLICAN House Speaker Boehner is a much better player than Obama....must spend wayyyyy more time on the links when he should be working... what an elitist!!

You're right.

Then again, maybe he's been playing longer?

obama doesn't seem to be very athletic....have you seen him bowling? Wheeeeeee.......

Sarah Palin was a State Champion Basket Ball player....obama, not so much.

His golf "skills" are, well, unskillful.

How about the way he throws! LOL! My daughter threw more like a ball player at 5 years old!

Old 06-18-2011, 07:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
12 straight weekends of, uh, uh golf.....

Well, he'll get on that economy and jobs issue someday.....

Some say O has an issue with 'disconnect'.

Not true....he never connected in the first place.
Good grief, you talk as if he's spending the whole weekend golfing. Last week there was a thread criticizing Obama for golfing on Sunday, after he had spent two nights at Camp David with his family.

I look at the golf as Obama's stress management method, kind of like posting on CD.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:54 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Not saying that at all.

His golfing just gives the impression to the public that he really isn't focused on their most immediate issues - mainly jobs, economy, home losses.

No matter what the reality of the golf / meeting is, it's what the public perceives that sticks.
Bush golfed a lot. He won a second term. Not that many people seemed to care when he golfed. I didn't, but then again I know that a president doesn't have to sit behind a desk 24/7 to do the job. Plus, he's golfing with Boehner. Hopefully the golfing can forge a working partnership between the two men.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:01 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Good thing he's taking Boehner with him, eh? But the right wing hypocrites will no doubt tell us Boehner is working while Obama is only playing golf.
Of course, this is probably the first round of golf this year for Boehner, while the fool in chief spends more time on his putting than the economy. Even Bush canceled playing golf while our troops were engaged in combat. Despite Bush's relative poor performance as president, he was light years better than Obama and at least had some sense of decency toward our troops.

I did not like Bush during his presidency and had no qualms about expressing my dissatisfaction (no donations to the republican party during his tenure). However, every liberal defends Obama to the core and supports him, despite his miserable performance. It really leads one to believe that liberals really do not care about the performance of the president and the well being of the nation, as long as there is a democrat in the White House. This, of course, underlies the irrational behavior of the average liberal and is a reflection of the policies that they embrace in general. When one is not able to think rationally, the actions that one takes will reflect that capacity.

Vote for misery- vote Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies