Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:29 PM

767 posts, read 489,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just stop. What you are doing with this thread is offensive and intentionally participating in defamation of character. Glenn Beck consistently and repeatedly tells his views/listeners not to be violent and not to take his word for anything but to do their own research.

This is a trolling thread if ever there was one. Really low class attempt, very low class.
BS. I"m calling you out. Nothing in the thread is incorrect. It's all facts. If you have an issue take it up with the media. I'm just reporting a few stories widely available from well known sources. You just want to censor, plain and simple.

Glenn Beck 'Giving Legitimacy To The Violent Fringe': Dana Milbank

Old 10-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I got banned for a couple days several days ago for posting a very similar thread to this one except directed at Mexicans so let's see how this one holds up
Difference is this thread is not racist. Racist threads are a clear violation of TOS

Old 10-09-2010, 04:32 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
You know, you can make fun of the OP if you want, but there is something to this. If you go on rants about organizations and the government, painting them as evil (and Beck evidently did that with Tides Foundation--the shooter was on the way there to kill people before he got in a shoot out with police) don't be surprised when some vulnerable people take what you say seriously, and follow through with action. This isn't a liberal or conservative thing--it's a responsible citizen thing. Is Glenn Beck directly responsible for this shooting? No. As a leader of the conservative movement (and he is one of the leaders--don't try to say he's just a media personality) he needs to consider that leadership inspires other people to act. If he's promoting violence as the last resort of a "patriotic citizen" somebody may just pick up the flag.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:33 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
"I would've never started watching Fox News if it wasn't for the fact that Beck was on there," says this friend, Byron Williams. "And it was the things he did, it was the things he exposed, that blew my mind."

"I do enjoy Glenn Beck," Williams also says, "and the reason why I enjoy that is because... no other channel will speak about the same things that he's talking about, and if you go and investigate those things you'll find out that they're true."

Unfortunately for Beck, this satisfied viewer currently resides at the Santa Rita Jail near Oakland and stands accused of a freeway shootout with police.

washingtonpost.com
There is reason they are called WINGNUTS!

Old 10-09-2010, 04:34 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Does it now. Hmm. Wonder how many other examples we can come up with of EXTREMELY VIOLENT ANTI GOVERNMENT LEFT WINGERS who were inspired by lets see: AYERS, Obama's buddy. lol.

I mean seriously this thread is THE BOMB for its Irony (no pun intended lol)!

And I can't stop laughing over the thread title and it's nonnpartisan even tone!

How 'bout that professor lady in Alabama that shot some of her co-workers.

They said all she talked about was how awesome Obama was.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:34 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
BS. I"m calling you out. Nothing in the thread is incorrect. It's all facts. If you have an issue take it up with the media. I'm just reporting a few stories widely available from well known sources. You just want to censor, plain and simple.

Glenn Beck 'Giving Legitimacy To The Violent Fringe': Dana Milbank
The Huffington Post would never try to spin anything to benefit the left would they?

I'm not at all a fan of Beck but have no doubt whatsoever that he will denounce this individual and reaffirm his request that listeners not engage in violent actions.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You know, you can make fun of the OP if you want, but there is something to this. If you go on rants about organizations and the government, painting them as evil (and Beck evidently did that with Tides Foundation--the shooter was on the way there to kill people before he got in a shoot out with police) don't be surprised when some vulnerable people take what you say seriously, and follow through with action. This isn't a liberal or conservative thing--it's a responsible citizen thing. Is Glenn Beck directly responsible for this shooting? No. As a leader of the conservative movement (and he is one of the leaders--don't try to say he's just a media personality) he needs to consider that leadership inspires other people to act. If he's promoting violence as the last resort of a "patriotic citizen" somebody may just pick up the flag.
Beck has never promoted violence.

Anyone that says differently is a liar.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
How 'bout that professor lady in Alabama that shot some of her co-workers.

They said all she talked about was how awesome Obama was.
Did Obama state that her co-workers were plotting to take away her money? Her freedom? Her way of life?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:37 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
From the link.

"The Examiner, in an article published this week, exonerated Beck by pointing to Williams's statement that "I know Beck continuously talks about peaceful resolution but I have constantly disagreed."

Again this is why people are moving away from liberals and towards conservatives, they the left is intellectually bankrupt and will distort any comment to hew to their point of view.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:37 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,838,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
David Hinckley had a fixation with Jodie Foster so of course it is her fault he tried to kill Reagan.

Manson had a fixation with the Beatles so of course it is their fault he was a mass murderer. Sheesh.
Actually I believe it was the Beachboys, not the Beatles - they even recorded a song he wrote on their 20/20 album
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies