Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,446,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
you may "feel" that way... but Christians aren't the ones blowing up buildings, train stations, etc. How would you like to join the military?
Yes they are. Just because they wear a military uniform, drive an M1 tank, shoot an M4, fly an Apache or control a pilotless drone, none of it really matters what religion one believes in when you are trying to survive the business end of these weapons of warfare from a "Christian" nation.

No one answered my previous question:

What Muslim countries have their armies occupying, through military force, a Christian nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,165,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Our leaders are always telling us that Islam is peacful and it has been hijacked by a few extremists. Well, if that is the case then why not start outlawing all demonstrations of the 'extremist' part? Close mosques that practice the extremist retoric and incite people to violence. Deport speakers who fail to renounce acts of terrorism. Lend support ot reformists who want to move Islam out of hte 7th century.
Ok. If you're willing to get rid of all the other extremist factions of other religions.
And who will decide what is extreme and what isn't?
The fact that I think people organizing together to trample on my rights as an American citizen is 'extreme' would outlaw pretty much every baptist church in the country.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,290,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok. If you're willing to get rid of all the other extremist factions of other religions.
And who will decide what is extreme and what isn't?
Location_

How about we start with groups that won’t acknowledge that all people have equal rights as human beings and that non-Muslims are not inferior to Muslims. (In Islam the killing of a Muslim calls for the death of the killer but the killing of a non-Muslim only requires compensation payment to the victim’s family)
How about we add in those who will not unequivocally condemn the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and admit that they are terrorism?
How about closing down mosques (or Southern Baptist Churches, since that is your preference) that call for replacing the US Constitution with Sharia law.
We should call on Muslim leaders to specifically say that you will not go to Paradise for killing non-Muslims.
Muslim leaders should state that behavior toward women, children and non-Muslims that were commonly committed by Mohammad in his day are no longer appropriate in the 21st century (Child-marriage/rape, wife beating, slavery)
These seem like easy things that so-called ‘moderate’ Muslims would agree to but we can’t even get them to agree to these things. The reason is it violates the Qu’an, which is the perfect, immutable, word of Allah for all time. If they can’t make these statements then they are part of an extremist ideology and do not deserve the protective status afforded real religions in the Western world. They should be deported and the ideology outlawed.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,219,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I so hope this begins a trend of more people in leadership positions speaking out against the dangers of Islam.

Sermon by Rabbi Shalom J. Lewis of Atlanta Speaks to Truth | NowPublic News Coverage
Oh yeah, he doesn't have an agenda.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:34 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,290,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh yeah, he doesn't have an agenda.
Truth is an "agenda". It doesn't make it wrong.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,306,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
How about we start with groups that won’t acknowledge that all people have equal rights as human beings and that non-Muslims are not inferior to Muslims. (In Islam the killing of a Muslim calls for the death of the killer but the killing of a non-Muslim only requires compensation payment to the victim’s family)
How about we add in those who will not unequivocally condemn the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and admit that they are terrorism?
How about closing down mosques (or Southern Baptist Churches, since that is your preference) that call for replacing the US Constitution with Sharia law.
We should call on Muslim leaders to specifically say that you will not go to Paradise for killing non-Muslims.
Muslim leaders should state that behavior toward women, children and non-Muslims that were commonly committed by Mohammad in his day are no longer appropriate in the 21st century (Child-marriage/rape, wife beating, slavery)
These seem like easy things that so-called ‘moderate’ Muslims would agree to but we can’t even get them to agree to these things. The reason is it violates the Qu’an, which is the perfect, immutable, word of Allah for all time. If they can’t make these statements then they are part of an extremist ideology and do not deserve the protective status afforded real religions in the Western world. They should be deported and the ideology outlawed.
AMEN to that. Another thing to add is that earlier entries in the Qu'ran were much more tolerant and less violent. However, under Islam, later entries supersede any and ALL earlier entries. Just something to take into consideration as this *cough* "holy" book calls for extreme violence toward non-muslims in the later entries.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I think one of the reasons for the Muslim distrust in this country.
Is that many, if not most Americans, have never known any Muslims?
I've known, and been friends with Muslims all my life.
From a pair of Pakistani brothers, I grew up with as a child.
To my Iranian and Turkish co-workers on the railroad.
Trust me.....they really are.....just like us.....only with different religious beliefs.

Steve
Our child has a friend who is a muslim and she even has difficulties with her family due to her not being allowed to date who ever she wants but her brother can date, drink and do whatever and she can't even go to the msll with my daughter.

This girl is 24 and when the both of them went shopping mom with scarf on her head had to go along...btw they know we are Jewish and we get along fine but never talk about the muslim -jewish issues.

We know the brother very well, all through sports and he is nice to. We know more muslims over here and get along fine.

Most people, incl. Geert Wilders, myself and others aren't saying that all muslims are bad or crazy...but we wish they would stand up and take a statement against the extremist that are now a days all over the internet and out there to declare an Infatwah against all non muslims specially against Jewish and American people/infidels as they call them.....but so far how many muslims have you heard?

I have to give credit to some that I have seen taking a stand and I have seen a couple of them on Fox News

Old 10-12-2010, 05:17 PM

29,978 posts, read 18,549,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I so hope this begins a trend of more people in leadership positions speaking out against the dangers of Islam.

Sermon by Rabbi Shalom J. Lewis of Atlanta Speaks to Truth | NowPublic News Coverage

The Nazis and the Muslims saw eye to eye in world war two. There were two SS Muslim divisions and the Nazis were politically close to the Muslims in Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Tyranny will always seek those of like mind, and Islam is certainly an example of this. This is why Islam is the darling of the left- they promote supression of free speech, condemnation of individual rights, and a strong central government- all liberal tenents.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:35 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The Nazis and the Muslims saw eye to eye in world war two. There were two SS Muslim divisions and the Nazis were politically close to the Muslims in Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Tyranny will always seek those of like mind, and Islam is certainly an example of this. This is why Islam is the darling of the left- they promote supression of free speech, condemnation of individual rights, and a strong central government- all liberal tenents.
The Arab/Muslim world and the Nazis:
there is a well-documented history of the thriving relationship between the Arab/Muslim world and Nazi Germany, with perhaps the most significant figure linking Hitler to the Middle East being none other the leader of the Palestinian Arabs, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin el-Husseini. Here is a brief review of that dark, overlooked chapter in history.
The Arab/Muslim Nazi Connection - Anti-Semitism and Holocaust

A picture taken in 1943 of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin el-Husseini reviewing Bosnian-Muslim troops - a unit of the "Hanjar (Saber) Division" of the Waffen SS which he personally recruited for Hitler.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:06 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,787,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
As a Jew, I'm ASHAMED that a Rabbi would NOT treat another religion with the same respect and dignity, that he would care to receive?

Steve
This is the reason why people don't care for regilion. I don't attend a house of worship, if the pastor is comdemning another regilion. Most of them do it.

Talking about regilion, wow. How about someone mention those boy rapers, then all hell would break loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies