Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Yes.
Israel has a standing offer to sit down with any Arab government, anywhere anytime. They all refuse. The Khartoum resolution of the Arab League said "No negotiations with Israel, No recognition of Israel, No peace with Israel".
That still stands.
Israel has offered to negotiate with Lebanon immediately. The Lebanese government flatly rejects it and instead allows its territory to be used as a terror launching pad by Islamic radicals.
The Syrians demand the Golan Heights but refuse to offer peace. Instead they support Hamas and Hezbullah.
The other Arab states are no better.
The Syrians only want the Golan back because it's a good spot to set up artillery to shell israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Let's be honest: Israel isn't the only country to have problems with signing a treaty. Neville Chamberlain thought he secured peace when he got Adolf Hitler to sign a piece of paper. But I see your point; there's no reason to sign a treaty you know perfectly well isn't going to be honored by the other party. Basically, it's just for show--to demonstrate that you're the one with the honorable intentions.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Why not just let the inevitable happen? Let Israel be destroyed. Why do I and 300 million other Americans have to pay to stave off the inevitable? I don't care at all what happens over there. It's none of my business. Let the dice of karma roll.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Israel doesn't teach its children to hate. There's a huge difference.
http://media.nowpublic.net/images/77...0184505672.jpg

I'm guessing this is what teaching love looks like, right?

Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

You beat me to it.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:37 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,440 times
Quote:

You're a propagandist par excellance. The mark of a good propagandist is to pull one piece of information (or picture) and present it out of context, massaging it into whatever he wants it to be.

You are well aware of what you are doing. You know fully well, I believe, the history of widespread teaching of hate in Palestinian schools, media, and mosques.

Swallow this: All Media, Animalization and dehumanization | PMW
There are vitually endless sources that can be cited of Palestinian hate, especially the teaching of hate to children. There's absolutely no comparison between Israel and the Arabs on this score. You can propagandize all you want. The facts easily expose you for what you are.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
You're a propagandist [i]par excellance. You can propagandize all you want. The facts easily expose you for what you are.
I'm a propagandist for showing a photo that appeared in an Israeli newspaper?

I merely responded to a poster who said Israel doesn't teach its children to hate, so if they don't, then what explains the picture? I made no mention of anything outside of that response and whatever your imagination has conjured what I implied, I only ask what that may be.

I'm right here making these statements publicly, what is there to expose? You sounds extremely paranoid and conspiratorial, why is that?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:37 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,440 times
Quote:
I'm right here making these statements publicly, what is there to expose? You sounds extremely paranoid and conspiratorial, why is that?
I'm not going to respond in kind to your personal attacks. I've dealt with you before on other threads, and I won't be pulled in to that kind of useless exchange.

My point is that attempting to establish a moral equivalency between the people and goverment of Israel on the one hand, and the likes of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, Yasser Arafat, and the other terrorists and heroes of the "Palestinian people", is a well known tactic.
And it is easily shot down, whether the issue is hate education or anything else. And whether presented by you or anyone else.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to respond in kind to your personal attacks.
I'm not attacking you, I'm responding to your statement that I am going to be exposed for something, which insinuates and implies that I'm hiding something. This to me sounds very much like paranoia considering that everything I'm doing is public record.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:54 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
History, learn it. Jews and Arabs have been at each others throats much longer than that. Israel does not have clean hands here. They're just as bad as their Arab counterparts. I have nothing but contempt for how both sides have treated the other. I wish the US could abandon support for that whole area and just let them fight it out, but unfortunately that would cause other problems.
Take your own advice and learn history. It's a lazy copout to look at a complex conflict and announce "they're both wrong." You only think that makes you sound like a wise sophisticate -- it doesn't. They both are NOT wrong -- one is wrong and one is right. One moves toward peace and security, one moves toward wanton destruction and mayhem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies