Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times

Advertisements

One of my Hebrew school teachers was from Yemen. She still had the keys to the house the local Muslims forced her and her family from. I do not see her blowing up downtown Saana.

The conflict arises from an exchange of population. Muslim nations threw out hundreds of thousands of Jews from countries where Jewish populations predated Islam by millenia. The Jews moved on. The Muslims sit in camps, refight wars, demand a 23rd Muslim fundamentalist state, fill their newspapers and media with anti-Semitism and teach their children that the highest honor in life is to blow up Jewish civilians at pizza parlors.

The problem is not a handful of Jews. The problem is the Islamic world's failure to deal with people they regard as vastly inferior. The secondary problem is the world (and the left's) sympathy and funding for people who are nothing more than vile crazed religious nationalists who would utterly repulse them under any other circumstances.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I never the marriage issue was the same as violence, here is my quote

Do you understand the definition of "intolerance"? Does intolerance equate simply to violence? Now you are going to cry off topic when you brought it up?

Show me where I equated violence in Russia with the marriage laws, please.

oy

Oy, if you insist on continuing off topic (you swerved off topic by saying the difficulties Russians experience in Israel were equal to the problems Jews experienced in Russia) I will answer this last question.

A reminder, quoting you:

"So if the Russians are so intolerant of Jews, then Israel must be really intolerant, otherwise why on earth would Jews want to move to such a horrid place?"

You are saying here that Israel is equal to or worse than Russia in its teatment of Jews. That statement is ridiculous on its face.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:43 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oy, if you insist on continuing off topic (you swerved off topic by saying the difficulties Russians experience in Israel were equal to the problems Jews experienced in Russia) I will answer this last question.

A reminder, quoting you:

"So if the Russians are so intolerant of Jews, then Israel must be really intolerant, otherwise why on earth would Jews want to move to such a horrid place?"

You are saying here that Israel is equal to or worse than Russia in its teatment of Jews. That statement is ridiculous on its face.
You keep making up words, I said "intolerant" not "treatment".

American Jews Battle Israeli Conversion Bill
American Jews Battle Israeli Conversion Bill : NPR
Quote:
"This would be an affirmative act of the Knesset to create a second class of Jewery," he said. "And therefore it is a much more important moment in time in terms of the sweep of Jewish history."

There is a fundamental divide between Jews in the U.S. and Jews in Israel. Most American Jews belong to the more liberal branches of Judaism — the Reform or Conservative movements. In Israel, the Orthodox are in almost total control of Jewish life.
For many of the same reasons, many Russian Jews are leaving Israel in favor of returning to Russia. Better jobs and opportunities than exist for them in Israel, where many do not recognize more liberal sects of Judaism as they do Orthodox Jews. The concerns of American Jews over being considered second class citizens in Israel is much the same sentiment of Russian Jews who are in many cases looked upon with even lesser status than their American counterparts. Hence the "intolerance".

Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Compared to civilizations/people who do not "sacrifice" living beings to absolve guilty feelings, do not commit genocide in order to "cleanse" the world for a god, or do not use cruel and unusual punishment such as stoning for perceived moral crimes.

Most civilizations practiced animal sacrifice. In Miami I know people that find dead chickens in their yards from Santaria worshipers practiciing their religion.

I don't think anyone has been convicted of a moral crime and sentenced to death by stoning in Israel for thousands of years. I think it's been about six weeks in Saudia Arabia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
And Islamic civilizations didn't (and still don't) do this?

Christian civilizations didn't?
Christian civilizations never stoned anyone for moral crimes. Jesus specifically admonished the Jewish croud who was going to stone an adulterer to death. That's where he said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Christian civilizations never stoned anyone for moral crimes. Jesus specifically admonished the Jewish croud who was going to stone an adulterer to death. That's where he said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
Maybe not stoning, but the Christians have had their own way of dealing with infidels:

And I'm not claiming that modern Christianity results in the same level of barbaric acts as modern Islam among it's most fanatic followers---but to act as if organized Christianity has a morally clean rap sheet when examined historically is pure farce.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:44 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,665 times
Spanish Inquisition of 1492.

Jews, Muslims, and other non-believers were given THREE choices:

Convert to Christianity
Leave Spain
Die

Many choose to leave Spain.
As the Jews and Muslims constituted a large percentage of the merchant class.
Spain's fortune as a great nation, left with them.

Steve

Old 10-12-2010, 12:51 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
Spanish Inquisition of 1492.

Jews, Muslims, and other non-believers were given THREE choices:

Convert to Christianity
Leave Spain
Die

Many choose to leave Spain.
As the Jews and Muslims constituted a large percentage of the merchant class.
Spain's fortune as a great nation, left with them.

Steve
More people were killed by Muslims in the past three years than were killed during the entire Spanish Inquisition.
Spanish Inquisition - Death tolls

"Geoffrey Parker analyzed 49,000 trial records between 1540 and 1700, representing one third of the total, and found 776 executions took place. This suggests a total of about 2,000 in the period reviewed. Earlier records are less well preserved but do not support the picture of a bloodbath usually painted. Henry Kamen (p. 60) does not believe more than a thousand executions took place in the earlier period."

Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Most civilizations practiced animal sacrifice. In Miami I know people that find dead chickens in their yards from Santaria worshipers practiciing their religion.

I don't think anyone has been convicted of a moral crime and sentenced to death by stoning in Israel for thousands of years. I think it's been about six weeks in Saudia Arabia.

Exactly! And let us no longer commit genocide and crimes against humanity for a land grab in the name of religion.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:12 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That would be nice. Also include the dates and the method of attack please.
The Arab-Israeli Wars (1948-2006)

Old 05-18-2014, 08:49 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Israel is a terrorist state
Yep, Israelis go around blowing themsleves and innocent bystanders to smitherines.
Israel has vowed to wipe the thir neighbors off the map. Israel uses the bodies of children to promote their political agenda.

Ever look at a map of the middle east? See the little speck of land called Israel surrounded by the huge land mass of countires vowed to destroy Israel?

What contributions to humanity have come from Israel's neighbors who have been established as nations for eons? The stuff of horrors and hell that demonstrate a callous disregard for life especially if you are a Christian, woman, a child etc. Having a two tier society would be a step up for these terrorist nations.

Myopia is their greatest affliction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies