Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Wrong... The "FED" is actually a combination of the Rothschild family, The Bank of England and numerous U.S. banks working together... out to steal your house and your life savings...
I'm a lot more concerned with the current crop of Democrats putting me out of my home and out of a job than the Bank of England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 09:24 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm a lot more concerned with the current crop of Democrats putting me out of my home and out of a job than the Bank of England.
How are the Democrats putting you out of your home?...

Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my response was to:

i responded with:

the fact is when she is sitting there making an excuse that corps are buying the politics, yet someone (else) mentions that unions are a corp, here response was "oh no unions are a NPO, not a corp"

yes they are a corporation,, unions
DNC
RNC
acorn
heritige
fof

yep all corporataions,,all lobbiests...from both sides
Here is where I think we're confusing each other. If you look back through the thread, you made the comment, in response to "do the republicans care about you" that unions don't either. Then she made the comment about unions being NPOs. NPO's dont have owners who benefit financially from their policies--the members benefit. When unions lobby for policy changes, they aren't lobbying as owners, they're proposing policies that will impact the entire membership of their union. When a for profit corporation lobbies, the policies they propose directly benefit the owners--that's where the profit goes. That's the difference.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
It's all a liberal Jewish banking conspiracy for one world government, right? I have the name of a couple of Christian identity militia groups you might be interested in...

WHO said anything about the Jewish people????

WHY would you even make a comment like that????

globalism, and progressivism has nothing to do with an ethnicisity or a religion.....what kind of thinking do you attempt on a daily basis?????

Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The REPUBLICANS are against Unions which help the middle class and always have.

The REPUBLICANS want to lower wages....HOW does THAT help the middle class?

Who's in the military getting killed? The middle class.

The REPUBLICANS want to eliminate Social Security....WHO is against the middle class?

The REPUBLICANS are against any finance industry regulations....did that help the middle class?

The REPUBLICANS are against legal abortion....that doesn't hurt the upper class....just the lower and middle class.

Yeah! Communism! Yeah!

Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
How are the Democrats putting you out of your home?...
Without a job it's hard to pay for a home and Democrats are doing nothing whatsoever to create private sector jobs. Taxes will go up, it's inevitable given the current level of spending... you can't spend this much without raising taxes a lot (no matter who's taxes go up, taxes WILL go up and taxes will always trickle down to the middle class and the poor) You can't tax the rich and expect them not to pass that along to other people in the form of higher prices on goods and services, it's just ignorant to think otherwise.

There's so much uncertainty out there right now because nobody knows how their business taxes will be affected so they aren't hiring new employees.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Without a job it's hard to pay for a home and Democrats are doing nothing whatsoever to create private sector jobs. Taxes will go up, it's inevitable given the current level of spending... you can't spend this much without raising taxes a lot (no matter who's taxes go up, taxes WILL go up and taxes will always trickle down to the middle class and the poor) You can't tax the rich and expect them not to pass that along to other people in the form of higher prices on goods and services, it's just ignorant to think otherwise.

There's so much uncertainty out there right now because nobody knows how their business taxes will be affected so they aren't hiring new employees.
Uncertainty?... the Bush tax cuts did nothing to create jobs...

Old 10-12-2010, 09:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here is where I think we're confusing each other. If you look back through the thread, you made the comment, in response to "do the republicans care about you" that unions don't either. Then she made the comment about unions being NPOs. NPO's dont have owners who benefit financially from their policies--the members benefit. When unions lobby for policy changes, they aren't lobbying as owners, they're proposing policies that will impact the entire membership of their union. When a for profit corporation lobbies, the policies they propose directly benefit the owners--that's where the profit goes. That's the difference.

ok

1. it was not my comment about unions someone else did that ...see post#6

2. my only mention of profit, was a question of HOW we can allow ANY of these SO-CALLED "non-profit" organizations to be ACTUALLY classified as that, as they MUST make a 'profit' or "earnings' that would allow them to stay in business...ie itey TAKE 'dues' or 'fees' they they ARE taking money for a provided service

3. I dont want ANY of these organizations (to include churches) to be TAX FREE , non profit, or what ever TERM you want to use

they ALL LOBBY, they are all CORPORATIONS..to include UNIONS

a corporation..whether its ATT or the AFL-CIO is still a corporation (therefore a mob (someone elses words)) and if they LOBBY to the government for ANYTHING they are lobbiests.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Uncertainty?... the Bush tax cuts did nothing to create jobs...
Lower taxes in any form give business owners more money in their pockets to hire new people and to be more successful, that's a pretty simple fact.

If the Bush tax cuts did nothing to create jobs why are the Democrats running around like rats trying to extend them? If Bush was soooooo bad why is Obama doing the same exact things he did?

Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Lower taxes in any form give business owners more money in their pockets to hire new people and to be more successful, that's a pretty simple fact.

If the Bush tax cuts did nothing to create jobs why are the Democrats running around like rats trying to extend them? If Bush was soooooo bad why is Obama doing the same exact things he did?
The Bush tax cuts were not about creating jobs... stop kidding yourself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies