Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times

Advertisements

Its getting to the point where the system is bogged down---broken---in disarray and to the point where the majority of people feel that the politicians can not fix problems this country faces any longer. We have arrived at the level at which a lot of people feel that neither party can set aside personal crusades, agendas, or greed so that we may deal effectively with getting this country back to where it should be----a world leader.

I have really given up on both the dems and the repubs-----I dont think either can deal effectively with the heavy burdens and issues that face us in the coming years. It is time for an independent third party that draws on the brilliance, selflessness,and creativity that both parties ignore and defy.

It is time that people who truly see the future and its vast potential and direction step forward and cast aside the hacks and idiopaths that run Washington. The system is broken---neither party shows the inclination and abililty to courageously lead the nation on the sound path that needs to taken. Both parties talk the talk---but are unable to walk the walk.

The voters are of the opinion that its time to vamoose the incumbents----it really is time to vamoose both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It just shows the Trial Lawyer mentality of America. When something bad happens, they look for someone to sue. When they bought a house they couldn't afford, they want to blame the banks for providing a loan that was too appealing. That's like blaming a restaurant for getting fat because the cheesecake they served looked too good to eat.
I know....look at that guy back in 07 on CNN crying about losing his house....we all felt sorry for him.....UNTIL..he said is was a 700,000 dollar house, and he only earned 45k a year....he never should hve applied for that mortgage.. and he knew it,,,he banked on 'values' to keep going up at rates that were unheard of....yep we all felt sorry for him, until we fould out about his intent to FLIP THIS HOUSE

but we should blame a politicakl party, and banks, because peopel who KNEW they could not afford a house bought a home they could not afford.

there is an old saying

""an educated comsumer, is our best customer"

Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times
Quote:
You are right. The banks put guns to peoples heads and forced them to buy homes they couldn't afford and then foreclose on them when they couldn't afford the payments. Yeah, that's the "bank's fault"

I forgot we live in America where it's always someone else's fault. Our great grandfathers would be spinning in their graves if they heard people have the nerve to blame the banks for their own stupidity and greed. I really do miss that generation of Americans who had values like buying things they can afford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
your 'value' going down has nothing to do with the banks

if homes are being foreclosed. tell your neighbors to pay thier bills...they are the ones lowering your 'value'

and your homes value is still way higher than its value in 2000....guarenteed

my house was 150k in 1995....at the peak (2006) it was 470k..now about 350k.......still way higher than it should be

but, I pay my bills...infact I paid off my mortgage this year

funny the big bad banks didnt get me or anyone else that ACTUALLY PAID THEIR BILLS
Quote:
I think it's a little funny to be honest. People thought the Democrats were going to end all this evil outsourcing from the Bush administration. Obama campaigns in rural Ohio and drinks Bud Light with working class folks promising them jobs and that things will be changed and his administration does nothing to curb outsourcing like they promised. Obama and his staff does nothing but sit on their $@4 while the unemployment picture fails to improve.

Even with all of this evidence, you have morons who won't admit the above.
Quote:
It just shows the Trial Lawyer mentality of America. When something bad happens, they look for someone to sue. When they bought a house they couldn't afford, they want to blame the banks for providing a loan that was too appealing. That's like blaming a restaurant for getting fat because the cheesecake they served looked too good to eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I know....look at that guy back in 07 on CNN crying about losing his house....we all felt sorry for him.....UNTIL..he said is was a 700,000 dollar house, and he only earned 45k a year....he never should hve applied for that mortgage.. and he knew it,,,he banked on 'values' to keep going up at rates that were unheard of....yep we all felt sorry for him, until we fould out about his intent to FLIP THIS HOUSE

but we should blame a politicakl party, and banks, because peopel who KNEW they could not afford a house bought a home they could not afford.

there is an old saying

""an educated comsumer, is our best customer"
So tell me who authorized these bad loans... to people who obviously wouldn't qualify for such loans...
It's called predatory lending... I remember when mortgage approval was a long drawn out process...

G. W. Bush encouraged all this speed lending and applauded it...

Old 10-13-2010, 12:54 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
So tell me who authorized these bad loans... to people who obviously wouldn't qualify for such loans...
It's called predatory lending... I remember when mortgage approval was a long drawn out process...

Spot on! I have a friend in the market to buy for the first time (in this state) in her late '50's. I advise her to run from the words "variable rate" (and all its synonyms) no matter how good the "rate" part sounds.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:

the easing of the mortgage rules happened in 1995...under clinton...his Chief(s) of HUD henry cisneros, and andrew cuomo

President Clinton, with the blessing of Democrats in Congress, advanced an agenda which they called, The National Homeownership Strategy: Partners in the American Dream. In short, it encouraged mortgage lenders to loosen-up their requirements for those seeking mortgages, thus making home ownership available to those who otherwise wouldn't qualify - in other words, for those who couldn't afford it.

The government, as a result, relaxed requirements for the federal guarantee on those mortgages: lowered income to payment ratio, relaxed income verification, reduced (or eliminated) down payments, etc. Mortgage lenders, as ones who issued those government backed loans, were encouraged - or possibly directed - to follow suit. (I say directed to follow suit because those lenders had to follow government rules if they wanted to continue to be able to issue FHA loans.)

exerpt from 2000: The National Homeownership Strategy: Partners in the American Dream, is a "..... public-private partnership working to dramatically increase homeownership opportunity in America. Under the directive of President Clinton, the Partnership was formed in 1995 by nearly 60 national organizations that care about homeownership. Today, the Partnership consists of 66 members representing lenders, real estate professionals, home builders, nonprofit housing providers, and federal, state and local governments.

HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo said: "The good news as we mark National Homeownership Week is that homeownership in America is at record levels. But the bad news we face is that many of HUD's homeownership and other programs are under attack by some members of Congress. The success of our homeownership initiatives proves that HUD in combination with local organizations can further our goal of even more homeownership and fulfill our commitment to liberty and equity for all."

bush should have fixed it, but the likes of barney frank blocked it in the senate

Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Any middle class American who defends the Republican Party is setting themselves up for a letdown and betrayal...
Face it... POLITICIANS don't care about you. Neither party gives a hoot about anyone except their cronies and special interests.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM

When did the sub-prime mortgage lending start?... Not in 1995 that's for sure...

Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
When did the sub-prime mortgage lending start?... Not in 1995 that's for sure...
due tell......

Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 PM

Foreclosure freeze... Would Bush have done that?... Hell NO...

Old 10-13-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Foreclosure freeze... Would Bush have done that?... Hell NO...

who knows what that idiot bush would have done

do you think the government freezing foreclosures,, unrealisticly proping up values at in accurate levels is a good thing????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies