Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 11:22 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

Judging from the last twelve years, neither side cares about America. People? lol, we have to fend for ourselves as we are in an Imperialist corporate welfare country, NOT a democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How does the democrat party show they care about me?
Infrastructure spending... Health Care reform... Tax cuts for the middle class... Should I go on?...

Old 10-18-2010, 08:48 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Judging from the last twelve years, neither side cares about America. People? lol, we have to fend for ourselves as we are in an Imperialist corporate welfare country, NOT a democracy.
The banks should have been allowed to fail... there should have been a reboot of the banking system...

Republican Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson had to bail out his old company Goldman Sachs... by giving AIG $50 BILLION...

Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I get it, the Republican Party doesn't care about me, but then again I never expected them to. Does the Democrat Party care about me, yeah right, about as much as the Republicans. In the meantime, show me three examples of how the Democrat Party cares for "me".

Parties care on one day in November, beyond that nothing exist.

I would ask does the Republican/Democrat Party care about what is doing best for the people of the United States of America as a whole, since after all, its not just about me.
Exactly. That's the difference between Dems and the rest of us. They somehoe expect politicians to care about them and expect governemnt to take care of them. The rest of us know better which is why we want to limit government's power whenever we can.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Infrastructure spending... Health Care reform... Tax cuts for the middle class... Should I go on?...
what infrastructure spending? health care reform was about control not health care reform and making health care costs lower. you fail on these two points. try again.

Quote:
The banks should have been allowed to fail... there should have been a reboot of the banking system...
YES!! you get it on this one.

Quote:
Republican Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson had to bail out his old company Goldman Sachs... by giving AIG $50 BILLION...
hmmm, look around at obamas people, many of them are goldman sachs people.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
If your an American and have part of a brain, you would know that Politicians don't care about us, What has either party actually done for us, to jumpstart this economy. What has either party done to get control of the messy Illegral Immigration Problem this Country faces, not a thing and this party seems to think we have no problem with illegals, the Democrats don't seem to think that we face a problem with immigration, they need to get a freaking backbone, and do something about this mess we face each and every day, and jumpstart this economy, they have had plenty of time, plenty of time to blame others, now get off of the pot, and take action. Both parties have failed us, both parties tell us sweet nothings before they are elected, and then Wham Bam son of a Gun, they do as they intended to do the whole time, what is on their agenda, whether the American People want what they are selling, which most of the time is Not.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Any middle class American who defends the Republican Party is setting themselves up for a letdown and betrayal...
Now that would depend on what exactly said middle class American was expecting wouldn't it ? Right now there is a majority of middle class Americans whom feel let down and betrayed by the FBPOTUS.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Any middle class American who defends the Republican Party is setting themselves up for a letdown and betrayal...
This post reads like it was written by a child. That's how a child reasons when his or her parents deny him or her what he or she wants: you really don't love me. What kind of "caring" is it that seeks to make people lifelong dependents of the government, as the Dems do?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:56 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
There is no difference whatsoever, labor unions are no better than any corrupt corporation these days.
So we have a situation where corporate gangsters work for the rich and union gangsters work for working class people in skills and trades.

Sounds about right!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I have a big problem with the executives of nonprofits being overcompensated, but that's not a problem that just unions face (and it's not every union). The United Way's National Office has had similar problems, although they've cleaned it up now. If you take a close look at the salaries and compensation packages of many fundamentalist mega churches and televangelists, you would be horrified.
Pew Pimpin' ain't easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies