Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:30 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,528,665 times

Advertisements

CNN Poll: Most disapprove of both GOP and Democrats in Congress – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 12:30 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,385 times
Yay, Green Party

Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
considering it's the moonbats that are currently controlling things and they rammed through their massive spending bills, common sense would tell you that they're going to lose a lot next month.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
have to agree. Things dont seem to be getting better. Meanwhile CNN is covering prime time news stories about some rather diversionary things....anyone know a decent news channel? "Link" maybe? We have satellite.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:13 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
This is in part why I think that while the GOP will pick up seats they won't do as well as some people think.

During the waves of 94 & 06 the Incumbent Party was unpopular, but the opposing party had decent numbers. This year its not the case. While the Democrats are unpopular, the Republicans are also unpopular. While the Dems being unpopular hurts and they will clearly lose seats, the fact the GOP isn't liked either limits what they can pick up.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Poll: Most Disapprove of Both GOP and Democrats

I guess most people are starting to come around to my manner of thinking. :-) about time.. sheesh

Old 10-11-2010, 07:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Poll: Most Disapprove of Both GOP and Democrats

I guess most people are starting to come around to my manner of thinking. :-) about time.. sheesh

Sheesh! i agree with you, but common sense tells you that you deal with the party of the present, that is screwing things up, right now they are the Dems, don't admit it, something wrong with you. No other way to cut it or the truth. Cannot hide the truth any longer, things are what they are, they are not looking good, and sorry whose fault is that, Obama.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Sheesh! i agree with you, but common sense tells you that you deal with the party of the present, that is screwing things up, right now they are the Dems, don't admit it, something wrong with you. No other way to cut it or the truth. Cannot hide the truth any longer, things are what they are, they are not looking good, and sorry whose fault is that, Obama.
Get rid of one dolt to elect another dolt of a different stripe that is FOXMSNBVCNNCBSABC approved?

Beginning with the election of John F. Kennedy in 1960, "the occupant of the White House has become a combination of demigod, father figure and, inevitably, the betrayer of inflated hopes. Pope. Pop star. Scold. Scapegoat. Crisis manager. Commander in Chief. Agenda settler. Moral philosopher. Interpreter of the nation's charisma. Object of veneration. And the butt of jokes. All rolled into one."

Well, and the - I think the troubling part is, because of this preoccupation with, fascination with, the presidency, the President has become what we have instead of genuine politics. Instead of genuine democracy.

We look to the President, to the next President. You know, we know that the current President's a failure and a disappoint - we look to the next President to fix things. And, of course, as long as we have this expectation that the next President is going to fix things then, of course, that lifts all responsibility from me to fix things.
-A. Bacevich

Old 10-11-2010, 07:21 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Most disapprove of them BUT will vote for them anyways... lol...

Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This is in part why I think that while the GOP will pick up seats they won't do as well as some people think.

During the waves of 94 & 06 the Incumbent Party was unpopular, but the opposing party had decent numbers. This year its not the case. While the Democrats are unpopular, the Republicans are also unpopular. While the Dems being unpopular hurts and they will clearly lose seats, the fact the GOP isn't liked either limits what they can pick up.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies