Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:07 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Bascailly Obam ha spent a huge amount of moeny and gotten no results to speak of. He now is stuck in a perpetual blame game. He was more liike the Rev Wright than most suspected really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
understatement of the century

Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The more often I read these kinds of post the more I think of the Lincoln administration.
Well I hope Obama pulls of a Lincoln-esque finish to his administration, I sincerely do.

My concern is that while he may be an exceptionally sharp guy, that when it comes to asserting himself amid many entrenched establishment forces he will fold. This is a position I've always taken and I hope I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything that has really shown me assertiveness. Well this and his position on our Middle East foreign policy.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Obama In Over His Head Say Political Elites

I think we once had this discussion here and came to a good number of the same conclusions in the end.

As you have always said and I think one of the points you and I agreed actually agreed upon.

Some pretty fair critique in this thread, so perhaps the experts finally got around to reading it? j/k
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ompared-2.html
Wow, good find.

Looking at that old thread discussion really brought back a lot of thoughts about some of our earlier perspectives of Obama. Time seems to have validated quite a few of those concerns.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:52 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Wow, good find.

Looking at that old thread discussion really brought back a lot of thoughts about some of our earlier perspectives of Obama. Time seems to have validated quite a few of those concerns.
I think that those who want to see "validation" of their feelings and beliefs would see failure in success no matter what.

There is no one who is complaining about the job that President Obama is doingt who 1) stepped up to attempt to be elected themselves and 2) have any solutions to ANY of our nations current problems.

What will happen in 2012 is that the Republicans (who are fractured like a dysfunctional family) will nominate someone who can skirt the issues well enough to tick off the Tea Party AND the RW Christian fundamentalists; and again the Republican party will offer NO solutions.

President Obama is hated (and shown a lack of the due respect) by the Right because he has a forward-looking vision for this nation. Had this not been such a terrible economy (that a Republican President drove us off into) President Obama's visions and advancements could be realized much more quickly. Those of us who voted for him, and fully understand what President Bush did to undermine our nation's well-being, know that President Obama will prevail in pushing this nation out of the 20th century mentality that is so pervasive within the Republican party (and Tea Party).

President Barack Obama has 100% of my support.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
When TIME goes after a liberal, you know you are in trouble.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
President Barack Obama has 100% of my support.
That's probably because you're not a member of political elites.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
The GOP and its fanbase has been going hoarse for years shouting about elites being worthless, overeducated pinheads who should be ignored and marginalized.

But now the elites say one thing the GOP and its fanbase agree with and all of a sudden we should pay attention to them?

Be consistent, you clowns.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Barack Obama is being politically crushed in a vise. From above, by elite opinion about his competence. From below, by mass anger and anxiety over unemployment. And it is too late for him to do anything about this predicament until after November's elections. With the exception of core Obama Administration loyalists, most politically engaged elites have reached the same conclusions: the White House is in over its head, isolated, insular, arrogant and clueless about how to get along with or persuade members of Congress, the media, the business community or working-class voters."

Obama Is in the Jaws of Political Death: Can He Survive? - TIME

Personally, I think that's what you deserve when you surround yourself with people like yourself, who live in their head, arrogant academics instead of do-ers. They are used to people (usually impressionable young people) fawning over the brilliance that comes out of their mouth but have never applied/implemented their ideas and have no clue if what they think actually works. It's also why Obama keeps going back to woo college kids. Anyone who lives in the real world would be more skeptical.
The irony in this "obama in over his head" subject, is the fact that the topic was discussed at length prior to his election. Remember Hillary saying "who would be ready to answer the phone"????? Everyone knew obama was a joke and wasn't ready to lead, but many people were more interested in electing him to make history. Yep, they made history all right.....worst president ever.

Last edited by gsupstate; 10-12-2010 at 04:14 PM..

Old 10-12-2010, 04:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The GOP and its fanbase has been going hoarse for years shouting about elites being worthless, overeducated pinheads who should be ignored and marginalized.

But now the elites say one thing the GOP and its fanbase agree with and all of a sudden we should pay attention to them?

Be consistent, you clowns.
Yep. Different day, same old hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies