Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
On my last sub guys were written up for doing that.

A spouse is not issued in your seabag therefore you do not bring your spouse issues to work, period.

I never showed any pictures of my wife or children onboard. My supervisors never met anyone in my family. It would have been completely inappropriate.

A few rank - equals have been to my home, but only a few. And mostly because we knew each other through church.

I have known men for years, lived underwater with them, and after years of that and being transfered onto other commands, have never met their wife.
You may not have met their wives, but you knew they had one. For a gay soldier just letting someone find out they have a partner is grounds for discharge. That is a double standard that should not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Good point.

DADT does apply only to a specific group of people.

Art.125 applies to everyone equally.

To get rid of DADT, and enforce Art.125 [like we used to do before DADT] would once again be treating everyone equally.
If art.125 is the one I think it is, how about we eliminate that, too? Because no one should be telling another how they should or should not be enjoying sex or who they should not be having sex with. Of course, YOU can tell your chosen sex partner you're not interested in whatever they are proposing, but you cannot tell your neighbors that they cannot do it.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
If art.125 is the one I think it is, how about we eliminate that, too? Because no one should be telling another how they should or should not be enjoying sex or who they should not be having sex with. Of course, YOU can tell your chosen sex partner you're not interested in whatever they are proposing, but you cannot tell your neighbors that they cannot do it.
Quote:
Because no one should be telling another how they should or should not be enjoying sex or who they should not be having sex with.
you dont understand the military

you can be kicked out for being a slob....failure to Acclimate to military life
you can be kicked out for being late.....FTR (failutre to repair)....failure to Acclimate to military life
you can be kicked out (and jialed) for ADULTRY
you can be kicked out for fraternization

you can be kicked out for CONSENSUAL SEX....when I was an Instructor at FLW, I saw many drill sergeants... GO TO JAIL....just for having CONSENSUAL SEX with a trainee (hetro)

yes the military can SEND YOU TO JAIL for having sex.........that's why this 'gay rights' garbage is just that garbage...

Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default needed, a few good iq points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And this can just as easily be rescinded when DADT is abolished.
Since this was passed while DADT was law, what protections did DADT afford military members?
You seem to completely misunderstand the situation. ONLY an act of congress can rescind it.

You also seem to fail to understand, that when you SIGN THAT CONTRACT, you are agreeing to follow the UCMJ and the rules and regulations of the service. A federal judge cannot change that, and DADT was PROTECTING people, whether or not they understood that or not.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you dont understand the military

you can be kicked out for being a slob....failure to Acclimate to military life
you can be kicked out for being late.....FTR (failutre to repair)....failure to Acclimate to military life
you can be kicked out (and jialed) for ADULTRY
you can be kicked out for fraternization

you can be kicked out for CONSENSUAL SEX....when I was an Instructor at FLW, I saw many drill sergeants... GO TO JAIL....just for having CONSENSUAL SEX with a trainee (hetro)

yes the military can SEND YOU TO JAIL for having sex.........that's why this 'gay rights' garbage is just that garbage...
It's not just garbage unless everyone in the military is required to be celibate. When any sex is forbidden, then it's fair to kick someone out for having sex. Rules against fraternization are reasonable restrictions because they apply to everyone. Rules that aren't uniformly applicable have no place in the American military.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:24 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default because

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And why not?

That's not the point. #1, you have given no real reasons why it is detrimental to 'change ones ways'.... other than some amorphous and ambiguous "we want to avoid problems."

You don't find it the least bit hypocritical to claim that the army fights for freedom and equality when it doesn't afford same? Even the Soviets pointed that out back when people with your mindset continued to advocate for segregation of the armed forces.

Again, with its policy, the US military aligns itself closer to the militaries of the theocratic dictatorships we're SUPPOSED to hate and bring democracy to (like in the Middle East), and less like our Western Civilization cousins, who we PRETEND to be the "leader" of.

Just like segregation, right?
People like you do not read and comprehend. There are regulations against homosexuality in the military. DADT PROTECTED Homosexuals. Without it, let the discharges begin. Links to the UCMJ, and military regulations have already been posted in here, and without DADT, there is no more protection.

People are so concerned about DADT, that they are forgetting who it really protected and how.

But that's ok, I guess when the repercussions of this really hits, you will comprehend what I have really been saying.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You seem to completely misunderstand the situation. ONLY an act of congress can rescind it.

You also seem to fail to understand, that when you SIGN THAT CONTRACT, you are agreeing to follow the UCMJ and the rules and regulations of the service. A federal judge cannot change that, and DADT was PROTECTING people, whether or not they understood that or not.
Actually, the courts can declare a law or any provisions of the law as Unconstitutional, and the law or provision becomes null.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
People like you do not read and comprehend. There are regulations against homosexuality in the military. DADT PROTECTED Homosexuals. Without it, let the discharges begin. Links to the UCMJ, and military regulations have already been posted in here, and without DADT, there is no more protection.

People are so concerned about DADT, that they are forgetting who it really protected and how.

But that's ok, I guess when the repercussions of this really hits, you will comprehend what I have really been saying.
DADT gets repealed.

Someone gets discharged.

That someone sues because the discharge is Unconstitutional. And the UCMJ gets revised, so that homosexuality is no longer grounds for discharge.

That's the perceived scenario.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not just garbage unless everyone in the military is required to be celibate. When any sex is forbidden, then it's fair to kick someone out for having sex. Rules against fraternization are reasonable restrictions because they apply to everyone. Rules that aren't uniformly applicable have no place in the American military.
LOL, no sex in the military, you've got to be kidding me.

Thats all we did, marched, and had sex. I always remember how many guys and girls in basic said "Oh, I'm getting married to my high school sweet heart as soon as we're out of basic".

One week in tech school, all bonds with the outside world were gone, and it looked like the party from Animal House on the weekends.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The UCMJ does uniformly and even apply to everyone in uniform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies