Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:21 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times

Advertisements

They need that money so they can create jobs? That's how the system works, just ask Rep Bonehead of Orange.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Roughly six to seven billion dollars!
Wow! Some people make so much money that the 4.5% they save with Bush's tax cuts could literally rebuild the infrastructure of our country suppling all the jobs that would go with it.

What are these rich people doing with the money they save with Bush's tax cuts? Traveling and spending it in other countries?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:43 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,003,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm no right winger but I'm an active participant in the financial markets, it's where I make the majority of my income. If an investment banker, analyst or trader makes a six, or seven figure income in the financial services industry on some level he or she EARNED it. It is one of the few industries where pay is clearly based on PERFORMANCE.

If you make six figures in the financial service industry you probably did something that brought in seven or eight figures to the company.

If you make seven figures then you probably did something that brought eight or nine figures into the company.

If you make eight figures then you probably did something brought in about nine figures or more into the company.

Also as a general practice bonuses are not only given to investment bankers, analysts or traders they are also given to secretaries, programmers, accountants and other corporate personnel it is one of the few industries where employees can profit if the business profits.

I have no problem with people making big money. I do have a problem with corporaitons paying executives huge salaries, stock options and bonuses to exectuves and then treated non-executive salaried and hourly employees like ****. It's one reason I got out of the corporate rat race.

If you want to make more money then figure out a way to do it and GO FOR IT!
Jazzy, we agree on something!

Old 10-13-2010, 04:49 PM

4,530 posts, read 4,076,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
These are the same guys who got $700 billion dollars in bailout right? Sweet deal they have.

Can't wait to hear the right wingers defend these guys. To be fair, someone has to. It aint easy being filthy rich.

Wall Street set to pay out record $144 billion - TODAYshow.com
Be fair, they "earned" their money.

I don't understand what someone can do to earn that kind of money when doctors and firefighters and cops make so much less.

I guess that sitting in an office and not being exposed to any sort of physical risks and not being held financially accountable for your decisions is way more stressful and difficult than it seems.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I don't understand what someone can do to earn that kind of money when doctors and firefighters and cops make so much less.
Actually, you probably have no idea what they did to earn so much money. But what do you suggest as an alternative? While you folks are banging on your class-envy drums should Obama come up with a Pay Czar for Private Industry? Would you prefer dictates from a nameless and faceless bureaucrat deciding who makes what and when? Is that how you want to take this country?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Aw, you poor libs. Your man in DC helps save Wall St. and now they're making boatloads of cash and you're all devastated. I hope they make even more.
I could have sworn, that Wall Street was bailed out with few strings in 2008. Please enlighten me on how he was president before he was elected.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,569,111 times
You know what's funny? Obama voted for the bailout...

Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMo7MkeKvt4

Old 10-13-2010, 05:03 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,003,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Be fair, they "earned" their money.

I guess that sitting in an office and not being exposed to any sort of physical risks and not being held financially accountable for your decisions is way more stressful and difficult than it seems.
Please, it's a market economy. Do you have a problem with the money professional athletes make? And by the way, we don't have NEARLY as much job security the doctors, firefighters and cops have. When the market is down, a huge percentage of us get thrown out on the street. But we're in the business, we expect that. We certainly don't picket when we don't get a raise we wanted.

And trust me, we earn it. You would be shocked at the kind of hate that gets hurled at me day in day out. Yes, I'm definitely earning my bonus. Ask the businesses that I have saved what they think.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:19 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wow! Some people make so much money that the 4.5% they save with Bush's tax cuts could literally rebuild the infrastructure of our country suppling all the jobs that would go with it.

What are these rich people doing with the money they save with Bush's tax cuts? Traveling and spending it in other countries?
Envy is a sickness. You look at 144 billion and can't stand it.

Before complainning why don't you find out how many people that will be divided among.

You don't like it, apply for a job, if you qualify. What part of performance based do you NOT understand?

It is none of your business what they do with THIER money.

Are you a sports fan? Did you complain when Tom Brady's contract is worth $72 million and guarantees him $48.5 million.

What if he doesn't perform this year or next like he has in the past? he still gets paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.