Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
No thanks, I'll save all my fear mongering for Halloween.
Aw come on. You aren't really afraid of those little kids begging for candy, are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 11:29 PM

421 posts, read 448,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Go ahead and read some of my link that then lets discuss this situation. OK?
Ok, so your article says that there is a political organization called the Muslin Brotherhood that is seeking an anti-america agenda. Not mentioned is the anti-colonial history of the brotherhood, that it started in Egypt, that it provides social services etc etc, but we've already discussed this. Your article says:

"the Muslim Brotherhood (al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun) does not openly call for violence or terrorism"

and that

"the key threat is not an eventual Islamist takeover of the country, but an Islamist takeover of its Muslim citizens."

Which is fair enough. So, after reading the article we can affirm.

There is no inherent threat from Islam (Islamist is used as a seperate term within your article, not meaning simply a follower of Islam)

There is a minor threat from a various political organizations in MENA

we might also note

These organizations are linked to the anti-colonial struggle

Again, it comes to what your point is. That the US should keep an eye out on organizations that oppose it? That the US should seek to educate and integrate its citizens? That the colonial passed of MENA and its role in the Cold War created problems that are still unresolved?

Old 10-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:

I want you to see that the Muslim Brotherhood has declared war on the US and that is not al Qaida or some group like that. It is the leader of all the smaller groups, like al Qaida, and now I am saying that with the declaration by Badi the other day all of them are at war with us. Yes, I am saying that all the groups that serve the Brotherhood and under the Brotherhood are essentially at war with us. I am saying that that Brotherhood declared over 40 years ago that they wanted to take over the US by political means other than warfare. That tells me that all the people who refuse to recognize that point are willing to be dhimmis, after they take over our government.
Thank you, that's the clarity I wanted from you, your concerned that the Muslim brotherhood is a threat to the USA.

Sure, why not, they blame the USA for all the colonial mess. Its really France and Britain's Fault, but shuuuuush.....

The question then is simply what to do about such a threat, the answer, it would seem is to be more clear that your don't believe that there is war between Islam and the West, and to clarify that in your first post.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattos_12 View Post
Ok, so your article says that there is a political organization called the Muslin Brotherhood that is seeking an anti-america agenda. Not mentioned is the anti-colonial history of the brotherhood, that it started in Egypt, that it provides social services etc etc, but we've already discussed this. Your article says:

"the Muslim Brotherhood (al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun) does not openly call for violence or terrorism"

and that

"the key threat is not an eventual Islamist takeover of the country, but an Islamist takeover of its Muslim citizens."

Which is fair enough. So, after reading the article we can affirm.

There is no inherent threat from Islam (Islamist is used as a seperate term within your article, not meaning simply a follower of Islam)

There is a minor threat from a various political organizations in MENA

we might also note

These organizations are linked to the anti-colonial struggle

Again, it comes to what your point is. That the US should keep an eye out on organizations that oppose it? That the US should seek to educate and integrate its citizens? That the colonial passed of MENA and its role in the Cold War created problems that are still unresolved?
We are gaining but I have to go to bed since it is nearly 1:00 am. Now some of my favorite people can call me a coward running away, however, I love to talk with people who have done their reading. Maybe I just won't go to bed yet.

Ok, lets start out with the fact that this article was written in 2008 and maybe there is a reason that Islamist is not used. However, most people know that Islamists are the terrorists and that they are using Islam as a manner of taking over by terror or other kinds of force. It is the Islamists that are the bad guys and I agree that most Muslims aren't Islamists but the Islamists are the people we need to be afraid of.

If you read the link in my opening post you can see that the leader of the American Muslim Brotherhood did declare that they are at war with the US and Israel a couple of weeks ago. The man's name is Badi and he does have the real power over all Islamic groups in the US.

It is true that the Ikhwan group hadn't said anything about outright warfare back when the article you are talking about was written in 2008, however in the 2010 article I posted in post #1 we find the head man, Badi, declaring war so that part of the 2008 article becomes inoperative. I am saying that I entered that article just to afford some history of our problems but not to be the end all in 2010.

Read that first article and then say that the key threat is not to take over the US but just its Muslim people. While you are at it look at what has taken place in the UK the last three or so years and how the Muslims have squeezed, at least, some Sharia into law enforcement in the UK. We surely can't expect any less than that if we continue down the same track they took so long ago.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
We are gaining but I have to go to bed since it is nearly 1:00 am. Now some of my favorite people can call me a coward running away, however, I love to talk with people who have done their reading. Maybe I just won't go to bed yet.

Ok, lets start out with the fact that this article was written in 2008 and maybe there is a reason that Islamist is not used. However, most people know that Islamists are the terrorists and that they are using Islam as a manner of taking over by terror or other kinds of force. It is the Islamists that are the bad guys and I agree that most Muslims aren't Islamists but the Islamists are the people we need to be afraid of.

If you read the link in my opening post you can see that the leader of the American Muslim Brotherhood did declare that they are at war with the US and Israel a couple of weeks ago. The man's name is Badi and he does have the real power over all Islamic groups in the US.

It is true that the Ikhwan group hadn't said anything about outright warfare back when the article you are talking about was written in 2008, however in the 2010 article I posted in post #1 we find the head man, Badi, declaring war so that part of the 2008 article becomes inoperative. I am saying that I entered that article just to afford some history of our problems but not to be the end all in 2010.

Read that first article and then say that the key threat is not to take over the US but just its Muslim people. While you are at it look at what has taken place in the UK the last three or so years and how the Muslims have squeezed, at least, some Sharia into law enforcement in the UK. We surely can't expect any less than that if we continue down the same track they took so long ago.
Hey, I am going to bed now because sleep is very imminent. Do you live in California or Washington? Is it a secret?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 AM

Now that you mention it, I have to be awake in 7 hours (have a week of verbal and mathematical reasoning to revise it seems), should sleep, will get back to you tomorrow.

Goodnight and the rest.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Default You're...

Quote:
I would suggest that you need to do some reading about the Muslim Brotherhood in the US since I am sure you haven't done so up to now.

Here is a kind of long read you may be able to do something with, like read and learn.

The Muslim Brotherhood's US Network » Current Trends in Islamist Ideology

Yep. Scared.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You have some super secret power that can detect a Muslim who wants to kill you vs. one who wants to hug you? You know where the cells are and what they have planned?

I don't require that depth of info to feel secure. If you do, then I hope it's available to you.

Quote:
I'm glad they don't scare you. Child molesters don't tend to scare anyone until after the fact either.
Speaking from experience?

Quote:
What the heck?
lol wut (http://knowyourmeme.com/i/151/original/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg - broken link)

Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Ok, so I read the original article. My concerns over the issue are more as less as follows:

That we be clear that there is no: 'war on Islam', and that we concern ourselves with the groups that have issues with the USA/West

That threats should be taken in context of their capabilities not just intent

That after assessing a groups capabilities and direct intent, reasonable action be taken

That the route political cause of political groups be understood, and structural solutions be considered.

In terms of the Muslim Brotherhood then, in comparison to a state, its a small, poorly funded, poor organised group. Party related to social services provision, and party to an anti-colonial/western agenda. Clearly the secret services and police should keep it under surveillance, arresting anyone, freezing assets etc where requires in a reasonable balanced way.

It might also be wise to realize that the Muslim brotherhood grew out of a legitimate political agenda. 'Western' Powers have indeed interfered with Middle Easter Politics, this has indeed let to the subjugation, imprisonment, torture,and death of ME people. Its far from unreasonable to react against this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies