Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
That's in Uganda, not in the United States. As an American Christian, it's not up to us to judge homosexuals, as well as adulterers and other sinners. In my opionion, those who do judge them are not doing any favors to Christianity.
The difference is in America we have secular laws that trump religion! Thank god! Otherwise, the Christians would enforce their own version of Sharia law in this country also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 05:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
ok ok, let me reign this thread in. Unfortunately, my thinly veiled sarcasm is being misinterpreted as 'trolling'. I assure you, it's not. Ok- maybe you what republicans want isn't as extreme as sharia law, but it's surely a step in that direction. Think about it:

- You love the death penalty
- You support outlawing behavior that goes against your holy book (sodomy, gay marriage)
- You support violating constitutional rights without trial (PATRIOT act, Guantanamo, KSM trial)
- You support violating private property rights on the basis of religious belief (ground zero islamic cultural center)
- You support state-sponsored religion (prayer in schools, 10 commandments in courts, nativity scenes on municipal property)

anybody have any others?

-Public display of Christian religious symbols in public buildings
-Defying the Constitution Article 6 Section 3 on religious tests
-Arguing that church-state separation is not in the Constitution
-Promotion of Christian fundamentalist Christianity in public schools and government
-Promotion of Christian prayer in public school
-Legislate the Ten Commandments
-Belief that the Ten Commandments trump the Constitution
-Direct American foreign policy according to the Bible
-Deny First Amendment protections to Islam
-Force military personnel to attend specifically Christian functions on-base
-Diminution of the rights of women
-Some forms of slavery can be legal on a Biblical basis
-The view that atheists are not really citizens
-No Constitutional rights for the LGBT community
-Discrimination is permitted on the basis of the Bible
-Putting an end to contraception
-Putting an end to abortion even in cases of rape/incest
-Putting an end to sex education
-The cessation of teaching evolution in public schools
Tea Partiers Want Their Own Sharia Law

Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
sounds like it's right up your alley-

Think about it: everybody is forced to think the exact same way and worship the same god. If you say anything blasphemous, or do anything that the "mob rule" disagrees with, you are judged without a trial and sentenced by physical mutilation and/or dismemberment in public to "send a message" or a "teach a lesson" to anyone who may be considering similar behavior. And in the very best of outcomes, STONING TO DEATH!. Oh, think of the fun!
This must be the dumbest thing I ever read. Ever.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
-Public display of Christian religious symbols in public buildings
-Defying the Constitution Article 6 Section 3 on religious tests
-Arguing that church-state separation is not in the Constitution
-Promotion of Christian fundamentalist Christianity in public schools and government
-Promotion of Christian prayer in public school
-Legislate the Ten Commandments
-Belief that the Ten Commandments trump the Constitution
-Direct American foreign policy according to the Bible
-Deny First Amendment protections to Islam
-Force military personnel to attend specifically Christian functions on-base
-Diminution of the rights of women
-Some forms of slavery can be legal on a Biblical basis
-The view that atheists are not really citizens
-No Constitutional rights for the LGBT community
-Discrimination is permitted on the basis of the Bible
-Putting an end to contraception
-Putting an end to abortion even in cases of rape/incest
-Putting an end to sex education
-The cessation of teaching evolution in public schools
Tea Partiers Want Their Own Sharia Law
I would like the take back my previous statement. This is the dumberst thing I have ever read.

It's amazing to me how retarded liberals can be.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,766 times
Quote:

Think about it: everybody is forced to think the exact same way and worship the same god. If you say anything blasphemous, or do anything that the "mob rule" disagrees with, you are judged without a trial and sentenced by physical mutilation and/or dismemberment in public to "send a message" or a "teach a lesson" to anyone who may be considering similar behavior. And in the very best of outcomes, STONING TO DEATH!. Oh, think of the fun!

Oh brother

Old 10-13-2010, 05:37 PM

590 posts, read 554,855 times
Quote:
The difference is in America we have secular laws that trump religion! Thank god! Otherwise, the Christians would enforce their own version of Sharia law in this country also.
You're making assumptions that Christians are going to enforce their own version of sharia laws without the secular laws, which can often suppress our right to practice our faith.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:38 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,766 times
My my, as usual the leftists are completely confused and incredibly childish. The only people in line with Shria are the left. They are joining the true believers in protest and support. The left are also supporting violence and controlling freedom of speech.

I don't think you will find any conservatives supporting Islam that wants Shria Law. The Right is right as usual, while the left wallows in insanity and stupidity.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,800 times
As we all know liberalism is a mental disorder and this thread proves it very well.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
No, that's the most stupid question one could concoct. Why do conservatives make up ridiculous claims about liberals and then ask these kinds of questions? I mean, it's like "When did you stop beating your wife?" or "Why do you love higher taxes?".

As a (mostly) liberal, I strongly oppose sharia law. I can't imagine anyone outside of Islamic fundamentalism supporting it but I DO get the point of the OP because American conservatives exhibit the same traits. Which returns me to the question above by SourD. Your world is so black and white that you might as well be a sharia supporter. Anyone whose convictions, political or religious, are so cut and dry, so us vs. them needs to look in the mirror to see exactly how they have become what they...despise. It's like when a country fights terrorism by resorting to its use.
Quote:
They don't. You have been lied to by your own. Do you like being controlled by calculated lies that make you cower in fear? If you do, that is exactly what Sharia law does. You would be a good follower of the GOP Sharia law control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A better question to ask our more right-wing friends (I don't use the word "conservative" on purpose) whether or not they'd support the imposition of Christian or Biblical laws on the United States.

I dare say you'd get a more positive response, even though the outcome would be exactly the same as if it were Sharia.
i dont support sharia law at all. in fact i think it even needs to go away in the muslim world as well. i support real freedom, like most conservatives. as for US law, and biblical law, they are already similar.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,617 times
Quote:
um, no. I'm a liberal. I actually do understand what freedom means...

I wouldn't want a Legal system based on Sharia and the Islamic Republic of Grand Ayatola Khoemeni but I would also equaly oblect to a legal system based on the Torah/Talmud like modern day Israel or a legal system based on the dictates of Christian Church elders like much of Colonial America or in Utah before 1896. If we let those who want to return us to our Colonial roots like old Massachusettes then we are conceding the death of the idea called THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies