Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:32 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, funny stuff. It takes about 3 seconds of logical deduction to see through the screams.

1) A non-profit takes in money from its members, a number are foreign national business owners that benefit from globalism.
2) It donates that money to politicians, who all are from one political affiliation.

Is it going to select candidates that a) will appease their membership so they continue to give it money or b) send money to those who don't represent its members interests, including the foreign nationals.

Anyone who passed the 6th grade should figure it out themselves, but some people are slow.

Anyone who doesn't see it and still votes along their contribution lines (especially if their job is at risk by foreign competition) needs a severe mocking. I know I am laughing to the point of crying all the way to the bank. Since mine is not, I invest very heavily globally, and I benefit from cheaper goods made pretty well anywhere from the same stuff. I benefit no matter who wins.

Go America, where you can convince the dumb to vote against their own interests. It's a comedic goldmine.
That's why its such a bad deal that the current law shields the donors--it all needs to be out in the open. What the Chamber specifically is doing may not be illegal AT ALL under the current law, but people have the right to know what's going on, and who's paying for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
This is a federal crime, gee I wonder why it's not being investigated by a federal agency, but part of internet discussions? I also wonder why accusations of federal crimes by a sitting president aren't drawing interest by these federal agencies as well?
Well... the Fed is actually made up of European Banks...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
The government is heavily in debted to foreigners alos. Who do you think buys those treasuries. But if anyone has proof of foreign governament giving campaign funds to either party; I suggest they contact the justice dept because that is illegal. It what happened when Gore spoke to the Chinese during Clinton presidency that raised such a uproar.But no one has made such a acusation to justice vene the presdient. I fact there is proof of nothign as the media has shown in its quetioning of Axlerod who had nne on the anti- chambers blog.It was a blod=g and nothing else really.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The government is heavily in debted to foreigners alos. Who do you think buys those treasuries. But if anyone has proof of foreign governament giving campaign funds to either party; I suggest they contact the justice dept because that is illegal. It what happened when Gore spoke to the Chinese during Clinton presidency that raised such a uproar.But no one has made such a acusation to justice vene the presdient. I fact there is proof of nothign as the media has shown in its quetioning of Axlerod who had nne on the anti- chambers blog.It was a blod=g and nothing else really.
The Money Masters - Part 1 of 2

The Money Masters - Part 2 of 2

Old 10-15-2010, 11:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can't wait to see what he pulls out of his .......hat.
it sure as heck wont be a rabbit. most likely more conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
George Soros is an American citizen and a success story. What's your beef with him in terms of foreign political campaign contributions?
my beef with soros is in how he made his money. i have no issue with people making money in any of the markets, but when you go all out to make money, and collapse a countries currency at the same time, that is morally wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Did Bill Clinton lie under oath
i intentionally chopped this quote because this is the main reason clinton was impeached. a lie under oath is in fact a crime in all 50 states, and at the federal level as well. was it enough to get him kicked out of office? no, and i didnt want him out of office either(i did not want president al gore). however it was also enough for the BAR association to revoke clintons license to practice law. in the end i believe the right thing was done.

Quote:
They thought they could actually trust the word of the President of the United States and the intelligence briefings presented by his administration--you know--that no responsible leader would deliberately lie to lead us into a war.

Guess that theory got blown out of the water fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not quite... 'Bush Lied'? If Only It Were That Simple. - washingtonpost.com

Bush lied? No. The Democrats' investigative report conclusively states otherwise.

You've been suckered by a false and manipulative Dem meme.
in addition, there were many democrats making the same claims bush did as much as tow years BEFORE bush was president.

Quote:
That's why its such a bad deal that the current law shields the donors--it all needs to be out in the open. What the Chamber specifically is doing may not be illegal AT ALL under the current law, but people have the right to know what's going on, and who's paying for it.
there is actually good reason for the donor shield laws. imagine if nixon had gotten a hold of a lost of large donors to the campaigns of his opponents, what do you think would have happened? or if FDR got a hold of the lists? or wilson? and even obama? i can tell you that those large donors would be facing legal issues, and irs issues(yes i know the irs wasnt around in wilsons day, doesnt matter wilson would have found a way to retaliate in some manner).

Old 10-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Keeping foreign interest out? But it is ok to keep special interest in?
Depends on the special interest...

Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The Republicans are trying to turn the U.S. into a third World country... They are turning us into Mexico...

Republicans are suing AZ for enforcing illegal immigration laws?

Republicans set up sanctuary cities and give illegals driver's licenses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ooMrgXido

Old 10-16-2010, 03:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
At least 800,000k foreign money going to the US Chamber of Commerce which is funding Republican campaigns for the 2010 midterms.

India is the main culprit.

ThinkProgress » Exclusive: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Donations Alone

KEEP FOREIGN INTERESTS OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT

You know the shirt's getting deep when liberals whine the LSM isn't on their side.

"the Chamber’s chief lobbyist Bruce Josten, who has been spoon-feeding much of the media distortions about our report"

ThinkProgress » Exclusive: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Donations Alone

"the controversy over the Chamber of Commerce financing may say more about the Washington spin cycle — where an Internet blog posting can be quickly picked up by like-minded groups and become political fodder for the president himself — than it does about the vagaries of campaign finance."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us...Morning%2BBell

So the NYT is in bed with the Republicans?

And who is BO to sling this mud anyway?

"Biskup, who had scores of Obama contributions attributed to her, said in an interview that she never donated to the candidate. "That's an error," she said. Moreover, she added, her credit card was never billed for the donations, meaning someone appropriated her name and made the contributions with another card."

washingtonpost.com

Washington Post corrupt too?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You know the shirt's getting deep when liberals whine the LSM isn't on their side.

"the Chamber’s chief lobbyist Bruce Josten, who has been spoon-feeding much of the media distortions about our report"

"the controversy over the Chamber of Commerce financing may say more about the Washington spin cycle — where an Internet blog posting can be quickly picked up by like-minded groups and become political fodder for the president himself — than it does about the vagaries of campaign finance."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us...Morning%2BBell

So the NYT is in bed with the Republicans?

And who is BO to sling this mud anyway?

"Biskup, who had scores of Obama contributions attributed to her, said in an interview that she never donated to the candidate. "That's an error," she said. Moreover, she added, her credit card was never billed for the donations, meaning someone appropriated her name and made the contributions with another card."

washingtonpost.com

Washington Post corrupt too?
Obama doesn't sling mud... He states facts... mudslinging is for Republicans...

Old 10-16-2010, 09:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Obama doesn't sling mud... He states facts... mudslinging is for Republicans...
Accusations are NOT facts.
Where do you get this stuff ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies