Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
None of you ever described Bush as arrogant when he made similar "I'm the decider" or "You're either with us or against us" remarks.
slight correction - it was hillary clinton who said that phrase, although bush said something similar.
a further correction: boatloads of leftists condemned bush as arrogant for saying that, but i don't recall any of them condemmning hillary

Quote:
"Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price."
Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York) During an interview on CBS Evening News with Dan Rather
September 13, 2001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 10:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Wow. Calm down. Ha ha ha you are a riot!
Anyways, you are wrong. Bush was not arrogant because he said "you are either with us or against us." Obama says "you are with me or against me." That man is 100% all about me, me, me. I, I, I.
THAT is why he is one arrogant sob. That man is all about the soap box.

There you go!! Do you think Obama could have sat quietly like Bush has over the last 19 months and let the the current administration dog him and blame him for everything without saying something??? It's all about the Big O. He's a narcissist.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:13 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
DILUTED
DILUDED

DELUDED

Pick one

Old 10-16-2010, 11:27 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Great musical parody of Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54FRMedT_s

Old 10-16-2010, 11:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Maybe it will take the election of a republican to the POTUS for him to finally realize that people do not like him, his administration, or his policies. What an arrogant pompous ass.
Doesn't it amaze you that the latest polls show how low his approval ratings are, but he is well liked by the majority of those polled?

If there was even a President and I have lived through 13 different ones that I ditested it is our present one. I still respect the office he was voted into but I do not respect him.

Nita

Old 10-16-2010, 11:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well you guys he is right, they will. They can't just be in "block whatever he or the Dem's want" mode which they have played since he was elected. Things HAVE to get things done and, lets face it, some of the stuff the Republicans have been fighting against were no partisan ideas, and some were even Republican ideas. They can't expect to do everything they want and to heck with what Obama and the WH want's. That's unrealistic under any circumstances.

"Get along with me" doesn't spell "Do whatever I say" either, but if they don't get along it's the country that will suffer. I think everyone knows this but it's so hard NOT to jump all over Obama for daring to say it that the facts get lost on most people.

I'm not speaking as a big Obama supporter either, I'm a Republican who actually wanted Hilary to win given the choices we had.
Ceece, I happen to be someone who may not always agree with you, but I respect all you say. My problem with this: how hard has he tried to work with the Republicans? I don't have the answer, nor do you, but it seems to me, he has made no attempt to listen to the other side, knowing his party has total control.

Nita

Old 10-16-2010, 12:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Doesn't it amaze you that the latest polls show how low his approval ratings are, but he is well liked by the majority of those polled?

If there was even a President and I have lived through 13 different ones that I ditested it is our present one. I still respect the office he was voted into but I do not respect him.

Nita
Guess that makes you living the repetition of history like the first President in office during your lifetime (FDR). I'm so sorry! Two economic depressions during a lifetime stinks!

Gotta love those Democrats!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:06 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Check this out..........

Obama: Republicans Will Have to Learn to Get Along With Me - FoxNews.com

Obama: Republicans Will Have to Learn to Get Along With Me

President Obama reveals in a magazine article that he is weighing what to do if Republicans win the House majority next month, and has come up with a novel approach: Make the GOP work with him.
Obama said he thinks Republicans will have to move in his direction no matter the outcome of the Nov. 2 vote.

"It may be that regardless of what happens after this election, they feel more responsible," he is quoted saying in the Sunday edition of The New York Times Magazine, "either because they didn't do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn't work for them, or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way."

Accusing the public of mistaking his abilities, the president also told the magazine that he's a little taken aback that voters are disappointed with the current turn of events in his administration.

He still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room! He can't believe that he's being rejected! He doesn't realize that he's the reason the pummeling is coming, in the first place!!
Yup, he nailed it, the American people will be voting overwhelming for republicans so that they will help 0bama carrying out his agenda.

If the voters wanted 0bama to carry out the rest of his agenda, they would be voting for more democrats.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
DILUTED
DILUDED

DELUDED

Pick one

Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Obama absolutely right here; Pubs stink

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Check this out..........

Obama: Republicans Will Have to Learn to Get Along With Me - FoxNews.com

Obama: Republicans Will Have to Learn to Get Along With Me

President Obama reveals in a magazine article that he is weighing what to do if Republicans win the House majority next month, and has come up with a novel approach: Make the GOP work with him.
Obama said he thinks Republicans will have to move in his direction no matter the outcome of the Nov. 2 vote.

"It may be that regardless of what happens after this election, they feel more responsible," he is quoted saying in the Sunday edition of The New York Times Magazine, "either because they didn't do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn't work for them, or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way."

Accusing the public of mistaking his abilities, the president also told the magazine that he's a little taken aback that voters are disappointed with the current turn of events in his administration.

He still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room! He can't believe that he's being rejected! He doesn't realize that he's the reason the pummeling is coming, in the first place!!
He IS the smartest guy in the room. He's also the president of the US. There was a time when this office meant something in this country, when the person at the helm was respected and revered. Unfortunately, we now live in times where dignity and respect are foreign to the masses of people who favor the ideology on the Right. Podunk USA can't see any good in this black man, even though he is the president and even though he has thus far done an excellent job. Shame on you Pubs for continually representing the bottom and bigoted segment of this society.

Voters were once sucked into believing that the very pathetic George Bush deserved to be relected, and it's possible that they will again be sucked into believing that ANY Republican can do better than Bush on any level. What fools!

Whatever you Pubs do, because you represent such a pathetic, ineffective way of thinking, your party will ultimately fail. President Obama will always come out on top and even with your obstructionist nonsense, he will find a way to do what's best for the country. We have him until 2016 and during that time, he will likely be able to correct the makeup of the Supreme Court from its current and shameful conserative leanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies